Started on my journey to quit the cigs last night....

Status
Not open for further replies.

slappy3139

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
New Iberia, LA, USA
Been a member on here since Feb and after buying a lil cheap set up from a local tobacco place I had kind of put the E-cig on hold.... The lil cheap unit sucked as soon as I put it together... Leaked, no vapor, the lil bottle of menthol that came with was bad.... Used it for a few minutes and then it was back to my trusty Kool Blue...

Now its time to try this again and I'm pleased with the purchase.... Went to a local Vap shop that only specializes in that, where I can get some good advice on a starter kit... The guy was real helpful and hooked me up with a Vision Spinner, the case, charger, menthol juice and tank..... Wanted to get the lil regular start up kits that come with two hookups but after talking to the clerk and remembering my last set up, I just went the Vision... Glad I did the vapor is great and It was already charged up and hell it is still holding the charge right now from when I bought it at like 7pm last night.... Probably could have saved a few bucks on line but was ready to give this a try again...

So far so good.... Only had three Kools' last night while drinking a few beers last night with the fellas watching LSU, so I was happy with that.... The menthol I got was ok but still a lil to menthol for me but not bad.... Today so far only 3 Kools' which is good I probably would be almost finished with the pack by now....

I hope this works... Now its time to hunt for some good juice, just hate learning that I may have to let most flavors steep for weeks.... That part sucks.... Love to hear some of the best flavors and places to get them..... I have been a menthol smoker for awhile but don't mind other flavors...

quietstorm, I'm a few miles away from you on HWY 90, there are quite a few good vape shops in Lafayette, check out Rajunvapes on Johnston St., they've got a good selection of gear there.

MikeL76

Verified Member
Aug 13, 2014
ACB, MI
Although I'm still by all means a newb myself, I switched from kools too. And, went looking for the same thing as you. As far as a cig replacement, nothing is "the same". That being said, when I want that cig and nothing else, I vape Winter Wild Wood from ahlusion. Haven't tried their smooth criminal even though A+++ reviews cause I tried Nicoticket and I've been craving on that for a couple weeks. For tobaccos from there, H1N1 and Wakonda are BOTH awesome. Wakonda is a little more subtle, although still full of flavors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome quietstorm! I have a couple of Spinners that were my first "good" devices (after a bunch of other "trial" stuff). Congrats on reducing the cigarette intake. Heck, took me over 3 years to finally get away from 'em. You'll quit when you're ready.... Don't stress over it. Try different juices (in small amounts at first) Your tastes will change the farther you get away from the real thing. I'm ADHD in my flavor selections, and I'm six months into this.

Good luck and happy vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread