Rant about some members of the e-cig community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermiform

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Louisiana
That's my little rant, aimed at all the narrow minded "e-cig" users out there that think in order to be a "real vaper" you need to have lit some tobacco on fire and inhaled it. Just wanted to throw this out there so maybe some of those people will open their minds and realize that just because they got addicted to nicotine through cigarettes it's not the only way.

Whatever you say Hippie.......go back to your hookah smoking drum circle and leave vaping to the real men.....

Just kidding bro! Thanks for the education on Hookah. I had no idea the nic intake was so high with hookah smoking. I learn something new here every day!

David1975

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2014
Northlake, IL, USA
I've done hookah a few times, friends of mine has one and while they don't feel they are "non-smokers", I have tried to explain that it's different, but the same..... it's still nicotine and your addicted. One thing I just realized though... never clicked before, hookah has flavors. This is an 18 or 21+ device, so how can we get more current and ex-hookah users to write into the FDA in regards to flavored e-liquid being necessary to help them switch?

Dissonance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Dayton, OH, USA
Come to think of it, I think I remember him saying that Ecigs were not like a hookah when he tried it. He did get a Vamo, but I believe he bought clearomizers, which wouldn't put out enough vapor for him. I'm tempted to do a super-build kayfun and let him borrow it. I might even get some 0mg juice next time I order from Mt. Baker Vapor (I vape 6mg). Under your recommendation, should I try a 30/70 pg/vg mix to deaden the throat hit? I buy some straight E-juice flavors, but they're way to strong to vape solo, so I'd have to get some juice. The guy was so adamant about not even TRYING my ecig because it had nicotine in it.

So, let him borrow a drilled out kayfun airhole, cotton wick, 1.8 ohm coil using 32gauge wire might put out enough vapor if vaped at 15w. Other option is an AGA0T2 with silica...but I use that occasionally. I rarely use kayfuns, and I have two.

That wouldn't be a bad idea, I'd try to get as high VG% as possible. But honestly, even kayfuns have a tight draw, I never use mine :p Haven't drilled it out, but for reference anything with smaller airholes than something like the origen v2 on the most open setting feels tight to me. Also, the kayfun is a rather warm-hot vape... Hookah smoke is rather cool. Cold even, if he has one of the ice pack hoses or puts ice in the base. It's hard to get clouds that satisfy while keeping the temperature down tho, so that's all gonna dwindle down to him personally. I'd either recommend a well set up genesis atty with huge air holes, or the fogger V4 with the AFC ring removed to try to achieve the best hookah-like experience.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
That wouldn't be a bad idea, I'd try to get as high VG% as possible. But honestly, even kayfuns have a tight draw, I never use mine :p Haven't drilled it out, but for reference anything with smaller airholes than something like the origen v2 on the most open setting feels tight to me. Also, the kayfun is a rather warm-hot vape... Hookah smoke is rather cool. Cold even, if he has one of the ice pack hoses or puts ice in the base. It's hard to get clouds that satisfy while keeping the temperature down tho, so that's all gonna dwindle down to him personally. I'd either recommend a well set up genesis atty with huge air holes, or the fogger V4 with the AFC ring removed to try to achieve the best hookah-like experience.

Hrm... Fogger V4 will NOT be leant... it's one of my regular atomizers and I think it's the best dual coil atomizers out there. That's my "sub ohm standard eliquid" atomizer. The other issue is the Vamo doesn't do 2 coils very well. The genesis I might could let borrow, since it's only used for "coil build testing". I don't have any love for the Kayfun, so If I can get the airflow up a bit, it might do. It is fairly tight as is, but I've heard of people taking it apart,a nd boring it out a bit. But yea, I should keep some zero nic juice just in case.

NathanielFT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Been using these forums for a while (Lurked for months before I made an account) and seen a lot of discrimination about people that switched to vaping from using hookah. Hell, even my first post on this site (looking for recommendations on gear) I was getting replies like "hookah isn't addictive, just quit" or "if you didn't smoke cigs then why start vaping". Let's clear some things out real quick...

First off, a hookah smoker (Using unwashed tobaccos like tangiers or nakhla) takes in more nicotine than your heavy cigarette smoker. Nicotine obviously is the addictive substance that vapes were designed to deliver. Just because we got it by boiling our tobacco rather than lighting it on fire does not mean that we didn't become addicted. Hookah is just as addicting as any other form of tobacco consumption. It's even more popular in some cultures than smoking cigarettes.

Second off, vaping is more similar to a hookah session than it is to smoking a cigarette. A lot of shisha tobaccos use vegetable glycerin. It helps make bigger clouds, keeps the tobacco wet so it doesn't cherry, and probably helps keep the flavoring evenly distributed. Not to mention a lot of people smoke flavored tobaccos from hookah, where as cigarettes just taste like cigarettes... Sure, you can get different kinds of tobacco and maybe some other stuff added (like clove) but you're never gonna run across a cigarette that tastes like a spiced chai tea or a white gummy bear (Two Fumari shisha flavors). Therefor, a lot of hookah smokers are switching over since they can get an almost identical experience that's theoretically much healthier for them. If nothing else, we don't have to worry about that drunk friend knocking over our vape and flinging hot coals onto the floor.

And lastly, even if people start vaping that don't have any sort of nicotine addiction... Just look at it like this... Hookah bars are becoming pretty popular (At least, around where I live) simply because you can inhale good tasting smoke that doesn't make you choke. If someone wants to pick up a vape with some 0 nic juice rather than go to a hookah bar and smoke tobacco, you should be encouraging them. There's nothing addicting about it and they could stop any day with absolutely no problem.

That's my little rant, aimed at all the narrow minded "e-cig" users out there that think in order to be a "real vaper" you need to have lit some tobacco on fire and inhaled it. Just wanted to throw this out there so maybe some of those people will open their minds and realize that just because they got addicted to nicotine through cigarettes it's not the only way.

Some people start vaping and think they are part of some higher elitist group who the world is against, and they turn their nose up at smokers and also vaper who don't vape in what they consider to be the 'proper' way i.e. cloud chasers, where you should and shouldn't vape (not according to law or company policy, but just where they approve) people who aren't ex smokers taking up vaping, i could go on.

These guys have their head so far up their own asses, all you can do is laugh and move on. There are pretentious 'I know what's best for everyone' dicks all over the world (it's people with these sort of characteristics who want vaping banned/heavily restricted), and the vaping world is no exception. Just laugh at there obnoxious stupidity and move on mate, not even worth worrying about, nobody listens to them except other obnoxious dicks anyway lol

Last edited:

Warpigs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
USA
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Mention/discussion of illicit drugs is not permitted
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread