Status
Not open for further replies.

danibanani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Yeah thinking about making another order from Nicoticket to try the ones I missed. All the ones I tried from them are pretty solid and ready to vape out of the box. I was still in a sweet phase when I ordered. Think I'll try those and Wakonda.

Wakonda is also delicious. I really think you'll like them. I believe they are both the "Best of ECF" for tobacco and coffee flavors.

danibanani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I love the Virus and Wakonda, but having an issue with CB and CLS. For some reason there is an off flavor with the vanilla not sure how else to put it. I'm assuming it needs more steep time but the born date on CLS is 10/24 and on CB is 10/31 so not sure if it is a date thing or I just don't like the flavor?

It's an in-house vanilla extract. I bought some off of the classy's at 3 months old and they are DELICIOUS at 3 months old. I would give them another few weeks and try it again. If you don't like them, but them in the classy's and they'll be picked up in a heartbeat.

ETA: It may be the custard in them? Do you like custard blends?

johnny madman

Dec 2, 2014
It's an in-house vanilla extract. I bought some off of the classy's at 3 months old and they are DELICIOUS at 3 months old. I would give them another few weeks and try it again. If you don't like them, but them in the classy's and they'll be picked up in a heartbeat.

ETA: It may be the custard in them? Do you like custard blends?

That might be it, it might be the custard portion that is not to my liking. I love vanilla no questions, I like Bavarian cream by MBV not sure if they are same flavor type. Not sure if it is the eggyness that I might not like I don't know. I can taste and love it in the virus, not sure why I'm not liking it by itself.

I love the idea that he steeps his own vanilla, I tried the franilla and it seems to be a bit better, but still don't like the CB either :-( Maybe like you said give it a few weeks let it mature and get smoother.

bahbond

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 26, 2011
Texas
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

rendevouspoo

Verified Member
Jun 1, 2014
Columbia, SC
I love the Virus and Wakonda, but having an issue with CB and CLS. For some reason there is an off flavor with the vanilla not sure how else to put it. I'm assuming it needs more steep time but the born date on CLS is 10/24 and on CB is 10/31 so not sure if it is a date thing or I just don't like the flavor?

I agree about the vanilla being off. Strawnilla is the same way with me.

darckeen

Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
United States
Went to the B&M and tried a bourbon base liquid and really liked it. They also had a reserve, Phillip Rocke Grand Reserve, loved that one. Bought em both, I think there might be something to this whole "reserve" thing where they age the juice in barrels and such.

Long story short placed an order with steam co for some gentleman's reserve. Looking forward to vape mail next week :)

Gonna try to hold off to next cc cycle to try the other recommendations, hopefully...

Last edited:

darckeen

Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
United States

bahbond

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 26, 2011
Texas
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

darckeen

Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
United States
Guy at my B&M told me they dropped suicide bunny cause they were not transparent about their use of diketones. I think someone tested mother's milk and found it was used.

Uhg after browsing the Nicoticket site its apparent they use diketones in a lot of their juices. I don't mind vaping these types of juices, but I'd rather it not be my ADV...

darckeen

Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
United States
Thanks for all the suggestions. Thus far I tried all the Five Pawns, Charlie Noble, Nicoticket and a bunch of The Steam Co juices.

And drum roll please... my current all day vape is Moment 37 from The Steam Co. An apple pie type juice, kinda similar to 5P gambit.

I also regularly switch in Gentlemen's Reserve, Old English Orchid Reserve and SCDP, all also from The Steam Co. I can't recommend The Steam Co enough. Not outrageously priced like Five Pawns but they carry a lot of similar flavors.

Gentleman's Reserve is similar to Castle Long but not quite as good imo. However the price for CL is 2x and GR is nearly as good. Same goes for Moment 37, its not quite as refined as Gambit but its very close. With Gambit you can clearly taste each note in sequence where Moment 37 kind of gives you all the notes together at the same time.

As for the other vendors/juices:

Five Pawns - potential ADVs were Caste Long and Gambit both excellent but the price is very high. Truth be told if I hadn't found The Steam Co surrogates these would be my ADVs.

Charlie Noble - no real ADVs here, these are dripping juices and I want my ADV to run well on a tank. That said I do like their juices and drip them regularly. Some that I like are Treasure Island a Cereal Killa type juice, Commodore Peary an unsweetened pear type juice.

Nicoticket - Liked em at first but once I lost my sweet tooth and found out they put diketones in almost every juice I really soured on them. All their offerings are either clawingly sweet or have a ton of vanilla + diketones in them. I really wanted to like them since they are so popular on ECF but I just didn't. The one that had the best chance was GCD but it is just too cinnamon forward for me.

Open to more suggestions and thanks again!

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
4 Pages and not one mention of Boba's

Boba's Bounty from Alien Visions. I am sure you have already heard of it. Not trying to be a fanboy but this stuff is delicious!

Alien Visions E-Juice is the authentic site for it.
BB is an all day vape then goes on the shelf for awhile and so forth....I have 240 mls of it in a dark dark corner. It is an aquired flavor and many are turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread