Reo incoming!....and I has a couple questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

txgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
Texas
According to the tracking, my REO Grand and RM2 are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

Unfortunately, when I placed my order I didn't think things through entirely. I'm gonna place another order for some items. Extra spring, button covers etc.

I'm currently using the IGO-L exclusively(after learning about the magic of micro-coils I can't use anything else, I tried to go back to a protank, even after rebuilding it with micro coils it just ain't comparable). Can I use the IGO-L with the REO Grand? Do I need an adapter? I don't really plan on doing this often, but sometimes I like to drip some juices for a short time before going back to my ADVs. My plan is to use the RM2 exclusively when I'm out and about.

Will the RM2 attach to my Vamos? I like to use the Vamo for building, dry firing, and checking ohms and such. I'd hate to short the device on my REO without a backup spring.

Anyways, that's all my q's for now. I'm going to go back to reading and learning more now.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
I think he's just asking like...in the event he wanted to drip on his IGO could he. I think he could, he just can't use the bottom feeding function which is why you want a Reo to begin with.

As for the RM2, yeah you can build a coil and test it on your Vamo.
I know what he's asking, I think and I think we (you and I) are in agreement.

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
The IGO-L is too big to sit on the REO, but with a 510-510 adapter (and a lot of care) you can drip on it. For dripping on the REOs they need to be sealed unless you want your juices to mix :p. The Yk2 from Fasttech will sit in the REO, it's sealed for dripping and should give a great vape, I'm still waiting for mines to arrive. I have too many flavors so when I'm at home I'll drip from time to time to change things up a bit, specially if I just want to vape a certain flavor for a short time.

Funny, I noticed my RM2 was screwing in crooked, but just a bit, and I looked at the bottom where that silicone-like ring is, it was sticking out on one of the sides a bit. Pushed that in, and it's sitting perfect again. Having 2 RM2s helps because the other RM2 screwed in just fine so that narrowed it down fairly easy.

Probably happened because sometimes I wipe the bottom of the RM2 against something rough and not smooth, so that silicone cap might have popped out a bit.

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
First of all, Welcome to Reoville!

I'm fairly sure you'd need an adapter to run an igo-l, I really wouldn't recommend it tho because adapters can go funky and start causing shorts.
Just run your igo on the Vamo with a higher res coil, I do the same thing with a igo-w on my provari.

The RM2 will definitely attach to your vamo so you can check ohms and such.

Don't forget to post some pics of your new REO when it arrives! We all love living vicariously through other Reo owners. :)

txgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
Texas
Well, I've been tracking it and last night before bed it was about 90 miles from here. Got up this morning and checked again....no change. So I had been checking it every 5 mins or so and never changed. On a whim, I went out to check the mailbox and there it was! I had faked a Dr. appointment so that I could intercept the package which was supposed to require a signature. I guess my mailman doesn't care about stuff like that....oh well.

I built a microcoil on the RM2 from twisted 32 ga kanthal(all I have at the moment), 9 wraps 1.4 ohms. Double checked everything on my Vamo. I put the RM2 on the REO, filled the juice bottle and did a couple test squonks. I'm going to have to work on my squonkin technique. Put the battery in the REO (AW IMR as that is the only battery I'm going to use in this thing.) I fired this thing and fogged the room. Great googly moogly!! This thing vapes!!

I've been vaping this thing like a madman. I need to take a break....this thing is awesome. It's even shorter than my MVP and looks just too cool.

The RM2 was a peice of cake to prepare. A bit smaller than expected, but it wasn't a problem.

This is my first mechanical so I have a bit of a learning curve to overcome, but I really don't see ever needing anything else.....except maybe another one!

I want to thank everyone in this forum for being so helpful and way cool. I want to give a shout out to Super_X_Drifter as it was his videos and posts on micro coils that led me to buying the REO. He said there wasn't a better vape available and I'm inclined to agree.

I'll try to get a picture up later...I should probably get to work.

Attachments

• reo.jpg
    reo.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 11

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Congratulations!!!! Glad it's living up to expectations....but not surprised at all. You should give your mailman what for for not requiring a signature. What if it had been stolen out of your mailbox? The P.O. would be eating the $200+!!! Rob pays extra for the signature requirement; the least they can do is give what he bought. (Rant over.)

It's funny to see almost every new Reonaut talk about getting another one either on the day they get their first, or sometimes even before they've received their first REO.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Congratulations!!!! Glad it's living up to expectations....but not surprised at all. You should give your mailman what for for not requiring a signature. What if it had been stolen out of your mailbox? The P.O. would be eating the $200+!!! Rob pays extra for the signature requirement; the least they can do is give what he bought. (Rant over.)

It's funny to see almost every new Reonaut talk about getting another one either on the day they get their first, or sometimes even before they've received their first REO.

hmmmm...... :)

congrats txgtr! best Drs appt ever!

txgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
Texas

Yeah, they say to have backups for your backups. Thing is, this thing is a tank and I doubt it'll need a backup. It's simplicity is awesome and in the event that something goes wrong with it, I feel pretty confident that I could fix it myself. I don't baby my stuff, but I don't abuse it either so I'm not too worried. I still see another in my future.

I mean, this thing is just awesome. I have to keep telling myself to squonk and I don't have to drip. I may have to put a little "squonk me" sign on it.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Well, I've been tracking it and last night before bed it was about 90 miles from here. Got up this morning and checked again....no change. So I had been checking it every 5 mins or so and never changed. On a whim, I went out to check the mailbox and there it was! I had faked a Dr. appointment so that I could intercept the package which was supposed to require a signature. I guess my mailman doesn't care about stuff like that....oh well.

I built a microcoil on the RM2 from twisted 32 ga kanthal(all I have at the moment), 9 wraps 1.4 ohms. Double checked everything on my Vamo. I put the RM2 on the REO, filled the juice bottle and did a couple test squonks. I'm going to have to work on my squonkin technique. Put the battery in the REO (AW IMR as that is the only battery I'm going to use in this thing.) I fired this thing and fogged the room. Great googly moogly!! This thing vapes!!

I've been vaping this thing like a madman. I need to take a break....this thing is awesome. It's even shorter than my MVP and looks just too cool.

The RM2 was a peice of cake to prepare. A bit smaller than expected, but it wasn't a problem.

This is my first mechanical so I have a bit of a learning curve to overcome, but I really don't see ever needing anything else.....except maybe another one!

I want to thank everyone in this forum for being so helpful and way cool. I want to give a shout out to Super_X_Drifter as it was his videos and posts on micro coils that led me to buying the REO. He said there wasn't a better vape available and I'm inclined to agree.

I'll try to get a picture up later...I should probably get to work.

Take off the drip tip and look down inside when you squonk. You can get the idea of how long to squonk to get the right amount of juice. Now it will change when your juice in the bottle gets lower. Just requires a longer squonk!

If you have the cap firmly tight on the bottle the juice should go back down into the bottle after squonking. The juice only needs to bathe the coil/wick before it retreats!

Have fun with your new REO!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
bro, there is only one better vape you can get - the vape provided by a REO woodvil and an authentic s_X_d micro coil in a brass RM2. I have one and I would consider trading it to you for your Nissan GTR. I'd have to drive the GTR before I can seriously consider the trade though. PM me for driving directions to my crib. :)

Congrats and welcome bro. I'm glad you are rockin the setup :)

txgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
Texas

If you have the cap firmly tight on the bottle the juice should go back down into the bottle after squonking. The juice only needs to bathe the coil/wick before it retreats!

Yes, this is exactly how it's been working.

bro, there is only one better vape you can get - the vape provided by a REO woodvil and an authentic s_X_d micro coil in a brass RM2. I have one and I would consider trading it to you for your Nissan GTR. I'd have to drive the GTR before I can seriously consider the trade though. PM me for driving directions to my crib. :)

A woodvil and brass RM2? Oh man, yer killin me!
I don't actually have a Nissan GTR. The GTR in my nick is actually supposed to be for the word guitar, just disemvoweled. And I do have guitars, probably too many, but I'm not willing to part with any of them.:2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread