Ridiculous article calling E-Cigs a "Scam"!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xg4bx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Nobody wants to be put in the same group as a crack head or heroine addict..... but the truth hurts, Nicotine is "Harder" to kick then either one of those drugs... You'll find meeting halls everyday of the week filled with people attending NA and AA meetings who have kicked those addictions....But Nicotine? whooooa now, they aren't about to give up nicotine..... and your fighting pretty hard against it too......

You say lets get real....Ok I'm with you.... Lets get real, enough of this I love my PV crap everyone post here everyday.... How are we supposed to get off these? I fear when these devices are illegal, we'll all be off cigarettes....well about as long as it takes us to get in the car and get to the store.....

I'm smoke free for 31 days now and I'm very thankful for that.... Very thankful, but I'm also scared, as most obese people have figured out by now despite all the magic bullet marketing on TV for the "Eat all you want, don't excercise and lose all the weight, look like a body builder in 8 weeks programs out there. There ARE no magic bullets.

We all want to get together on this forum and sing Kum-ba-ya together and yell we are free from cigarettes, but who are we fooling? We aren't addressing any of the addictions with an e-cig. still getting our nicotine "fix" still getting to pretend we are smoking a cig, Hell we even get to blow out big plumes of smoke...oops sorry vapor.... we are kidding ourselves...

As soon as this is pointed out then we rationalize ( I love reading fellow addicts rationalizing their addiction) we've found a safer way.... I'm not a smoker.... well give up your PV and see how long that last.... I admit, I'll be the guy in line in front of you at the convenience store buying a pack of marlboros..... Eye's wide shut..... it's not just the anti-vaping community that suffers from this....

Fair enough, I tend to to agree somewhat. Personally my main addiction is the "hand to mouth" and a pv does nothing to address that. It's like an obese person switching to low fat snacks, they're not as bad but they're still getting fat from junk food. It doesn't do anything to address the underlying causes and triggers of our addiction.

I can go without nicotine, I've done it before. It's the hand to mouth habit that slays me.

Kobudo

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Evansville, IN
who is your US supplier? Do they produce their own nicotine liquid? Or do they just "mix" their Chinese produced nicotine liquid, with other products made in China or some other country. In America and tell you it's American made?

And for those who argue nicotine isn't a dangerous drug....Really? whens the last time you tried quitting nicotine?

There are two types of liquid nic available today -- that which is for human consumption, and that which isn't. What type do they use in the patches, gums, and lozenges?

I usually vape tastyvapor's liquids. I have no affiliation with them other than consumption, I will forward your question to him when I get home and see what his response is, if you like.

foggy1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
S F Bay Area
while reading Dana's bull and some of the replies, I got side tracked into this...

Discovery Health > Guides > Wellness > Smoking Cessation

9 Tools to Help You Successfully Quit Smoking
by DiscoveryHealth.com writers

Nicotine Inhalers

Using a nicotine inhaler can mimic the action of smoking.
Nicotine inhalers are plastic, cigarette-shaped cylinders filled with nicotine cartridges. Inhalers are available by prescription only. Before asking your doctor for a prescription for a nicotine inhaler, consider the following:

•Dosage is flexible since users inhale on demand.
•Inhalers satisfy oral urges since it mimics the hand-to-mouth action of smoking.
•The nicotine vapor is absorbed in the mouth, not the lungs.
•Side effects include throat and mouth irritation since the inhaler must be used frequently to obtain satisfactory levels of nicotine.

Says that we vaporers are absorbing our nicotine in the mouth, not the lungs
Is this true with anologs too ? Why does it feel so good to take a deep hit ?

Whatever this is, I like it much more than smoking :D the foggy1, craig

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
So why the moral outcry in the article's tone?

And there you have it. The author is one of the majority of self-righteous people that think they have a duty to pass judgement via their editorials and use a concocted moral high road to validate that position.

All the while that dude is probably downloading copyrighted videos, speeding through school zones, and tearing the tags off of mattresses and we'll never know it unless he runs for public office.

JustKryssi

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Dirty Jerz
Nobody wants to be put in the same group as a crack head or heroine addict..... but the truth hurts, Nicotine is "Harder" to kick then either one of those drugs... You'll find meeting halls everyday of the week filled with people attending NA and AA meetings who have kicked those addictions....But Nicotine? whooooa now, they aren't about to give up nicotine..... and your fighting pretty hard against it too......

I disagree.

I have quit smoking many, many times only to return. Why? Because I'm not as addicted to nicotine as I am to the habit. Vaping supplies the habit and I only vape 0nic. I know this because I make my own juice.

I quit nicotine the minute I got my PV. So if it's so harmfully addictive, why didn't I have major side effects from quitting? I have waaaaay worse problems when I don't have at least one caffeinated beverage every morning though. And caffeine is perfectly legal with no age restrictions.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
I disagree.

I have quit smoking many, many times only to return. Why? Because I'm not as addicted to nicotine as I am to the habit. Vaping supplies the habit and I only vape 0nic. I know this because I make my own juice.

I quit nicotine the minute I got my PV. So if it's so harmfully addictive, why didn't I have major side effects from quitting? I have waaaaay worse problems when I don't have at least one caffeinated beverage every morning though. And caffeine is perfectly legal with no age restrictions.

This is basically what I was about to say, Nicotine is actually a VERY EASY addiction to break, within 48 hours the nicotine addiction is gone. It's the psychological addiction of smoking that is hard to break, psychological addictions are always far harder than physical addictions to break.

oettinger

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tampa, Fl.

You say lets get real....Ok I'm with you.... Lets get real, enough of this I love my PV crap everyone post here everyday.... How are we supposed to get off these? I fear when these devices are illegal, we'll all be off cigarettes....well about as long as it takes us to get in the car and get to the store.....

I'm smoke free for 31 days now and I'm very thankful for that.... Very thankful, but I'm also scared, as most obese people have figured out by now despite all the magic bullet marketing on TV for the "Eat all you want, don't excercise and lose all the weight, look like a body builder in 8 weeks programs out there. There ARE no magic bullets.

We all want to get together on this forum and sing Kum-ba-ya together and yell we are free from cigarettes, but who are we fooling? We aren't addressing any of the addictions with an e-cig. still getting our nicotine "fix" still getting to pretend we are smoking a cig, Hell we even get to blow out big plumes of smoke...oops sorry vapor.... we are kidding ourselves...

As soon as this is pointed out then we rationalize ( I love reading fellow addicts rationalizing their addiction) we've found a safer way.... I'm not a smoker.... well give up your PV and see how long that last.... I admit, I'll be the guy in line in front of you at the convenience store buying a pack of marlboros..... Eye's wide shut..... it's not just the anti-vaping community that suffers from this....

Really, when was the last nicotine war in South America?? Why are we not smuggling our Nic juice up our asses? When was the last time that some Nicotine junkie killed a person to get their fix?? Where are the Nic whores that will trade me sex for a hit of my PV?

Oh yea, there aren't any... This "journalist" sound more like a paid shill for the FDA, or a guy on his own personal soapbox, who gets off making others miserable. Seems to me like a guy who has nothing better to do.

The fact is, that by reading the article and posting you are raising his click count. controversy always does this. The fact is that this person seems unwilling to listen to reason, and has demonized a large population of Americans. If that is his agenda, then let him have it, If what he is saying is IRREFUTABLE lies, then sue him for libel. There is no other way.

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
And there you have it. The author is one of the majority of self-righteous people that think they have a duty to pass judgement via their editorials and use a concocted moral high road to validate that position.

All the while that dude is probably downloading copyrighted videos, speeding through school zones, and tearing the tags off of mattresses and we'll never know it unless he runs for public office.

How funny!!! I have to admit that I was an adult before I realized there wasn't a mattress tag posse waiting to take me away if I cut the tag off my mattress. :ohmy:

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
Really, when was the last nicotine war in South America?? Why are we not smuggling our Nic juice up our asses? When was the last time that some Nicotine junkie killed a person to get their fix?? Where are the Nic whores that will trade me sex for a hit of my PV?

Oh yea, there aren't any... This "journalist" sound more like a paid shill for the FDA, or a guy on his own personal soapbox, who gets off making others miserable. Seems to me like a guy who has nothing better to do.

The fact is, that by reading the article and posting you are raising his click count. controversy always does this. The fact is that this person seems unwilling to listen to reason, and has demonized a large population of Americans. If that is his agenda, then let him have it, If what he is saying is IRREFUTABLE lies, then sue him for libel. There is no other way.

I totally agree and decided to steer clear in case he's receiving $$$ for the amount of publicity he gets for his piece of crap article.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON

Nicotine is not difficult to kick. Almost all of it clears your system in about 3 days. All of it is gone in a week; the physical addiction is gone.

What is difficult -- extremely difficult -- to kick is the act of smoking. Smokers -- all of us -- get used to the routine of smoking. So much so that we rapidly associate many different activities with smoking. Smoking after a meal. Smoking in the car on a drive. Smoking on our breaks at work. Smoking after sex. Smoking while surfing the net. Dozens and dozens of activities, many of them enjoyable, and we link those enjoyable activities in particular to smoking to the extent that smoking becomes an extension of that activity, so the act of smoking becomes inextricably linked to the things we enjoy. These become our triggers, and when we engage in them, we want a smoke. Breaking that habit is incredibly difficult, and it's why recidivism rates for smokers is sky high.

It is a psychotropic addiction, and it's much more powerful and long-lasting than the physical addiction to nicotine. Why do you think people who have quit for months at a time still end up going back? That's not the nicotine talking, that's long gone. It's the pleasure we derived from smoking that we crave long after the addiction to nicotine is gone, not the smoke itself.

That's why eCigs work and patches and gum generally don't. They treat the physical addiction, not the longer-term mental one. eCigs let you keep engaging in the act of smoking (even though it isn't smoke) and, if you choose, cut back on the nicotine until it's gone without having to give up the process. Once the nicotine is gone, then you can work on giving up vaping if you like. But the great thing is that even if you choose not to, you're not doing yourself any harm to keep doing it.

As for this guy's article: He's a troll. Unfortunately even trolls can get people who will listen. Look at the Tea Party...

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

My previous reply to this post was brief.

I was waiting for an answer before spending any time on a long drawn out reply.
But then I found out that someone else has already posted what I wanted to say.

So here is a response to you from someone who can not post in the New Members section...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ficial-spin-nicotine-more-addictive-than.html

I suggest you read it through.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Wow. Dana's response to you was so completely vicious and hateful and stupid. What an obnoxious human being.

I don't even want to look at that article, if someone who is that scummy wrote it. She's already getting inundated with emails. I don't need to heighten my blood pressure right now.

People like that revolt me. It's not even that she's so ignorant about e-cigarettes - that's annoying, but not revolting. It's that she's so... sick with hatefulness. Ugh!

t9c

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Houston
We all want to get together on this forum and sing Kum-ba-ya together and yell we are free from cigarettes, but who are we fooling?

Well, I'll tell ya who we AREN'T fooling...our doctors, who keep telling us with every checkup to keep doing what we're doing and stay off the cigarettes. That's proof nuff for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread