??? Rough dry hit sensation from Nic or PG ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandbananA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
USA, Florida
Hello. I just moved over from disposable Blu ecigs and got myself a Joyetech 18650 ego along with an ejuice sampler from Halo. I got the ejuice with 24mg Nic because the Blu cigs are 24mg Nic and I liked the hit those gave me.

Problem: When I try to vape the Halo juice its almost impossible. Its what I would describe as a dry hit.
It's dry, scratchy, hot burning feeling and slightly burnt tasting........ Its like inhaling real plumes of smoke from burning paper or something. It's nothing like Blu which has a smooth and tightening of throat sensation.
I'm curious if this is from the Nic or the PG?
Blu cigs do not contain PG so I have no experience with that chemical. I have heard it irritates some people......but could it really be that intense?
Another thing I've noticed about the Halo juice is that it has a really weird chemical-ish nose taste (taking smoke from mouth and exhaling out nose without inhaling into the lungs). Is that because PG too?

I have tested plain Humco Usp glycerin & water without getting the dry burned hit problem. Although that has no flavor or TH and it makes me kinda sick feeling after vaping.

Sorry for being a long post, I'm just really dissapointed because I now have a bunch of juice that I can't use.

Setup used:
Joyetech 18650 used on standard & unregulated voltage
Discount Vapers Tiamat rebuildable atty at around 2-2.2 ohms
and
Vision Clearo 2.0, at 2.4 ohm

Last edited:

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
Halo is straight PG from what I've heard...so it's going to come down to how you like\handle PG. The nic will also play a factor as the post above stated. Also, make sure you're carto\atty is saturated properly. You may have already, but I always throw that out there just in case.

One other thing that always gives nasty dry cough producing hits, is wet contacts. Dry your battery and carto contacts and see if that helps.

HandbananA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
USA, Florida
Blu doesn't sell 24 mg/ml nicotine. Here is what they do sell:
Nicotine Amounts by Strength:
Full Flavored: 13-16mg Light: 9-12mg Ultra Light: 6-8mg Non-nicotine: 0mg

It's the high nicotine and PG that give you that hit. Blu is also all VG.
Correct the cartridges they sell come with those Nic levels but... The disposable Blu cigs come in 20-24mg Nic.
Mine says 24mg right on the package

HandbananA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
USA, Florida
Halo is straight PG from what I've heard...so it's going to come down to how you like\handle PG. The nic will also play a factor as the post above stated. Also, make sure you're carto\atty is saturated properly. You may have already, but I always throw that out there just in case.

One other thing that always gives nasty dry cough producing hits, is wet contacts. Dry your battery and carto contacts and see if that helps.
If they really are mostly PG then I guess my next move is watering down their juice with VG. Big downside to that is losing flavor.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Harsh hits can come from the lack of wicking too. So like the titles says....dry...dry hits are harsh.

Nic IS harsh.
PG IS a bit harsh, but carries flavor.
VG is smooth but mutes flavor and gives me, at least, "heavy lung feeling" if too much VG. I keep it at 25% or less VG.

Check for atomization problems. Wicking...or too hot coil volt/ohm wise (top-coil clearos are hot heat wise too)

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
If they really are mostly PG then I guess my next move is watering down their juice with VG. Big downside to that is losing flavor.

I've been out of the atomizer game for so long lol..Attypops is probably going to be able to solve this problem better than I. I've also never really messed with diluting juice..If I got something i didn't like, I just trashed it, or muscled through it :(. Whether they (HALO) really are all PG or not kind of remains a mystery to me. I've never gotten a straight answer about that. I'm just guessing because it taste like a few others that I heard were straight PG as well.

wish I could help more, and good luck!

HandbananA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
USA, Florida
Update: Not to resurrect my dead post but want to thank everyone for responses. I also wanted to update that I now like the throat hit I get from this juice. It was intense at first but I've gotten used to it. I think the contributing factor to the massive hit was going from a Blu cig to a genesis style atty (aga T/mesh wick)....much more warmth/vapor production. I still get a bit of a chemical taste with Tribecca but its tolerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread