Spicy/burning sensation from higher nicotine juices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theddead

running with scissors since 1970
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
smok M80 Plus, it has adjustable voltage. Yes, I fully charged the battery.

Are you an aspie?
We (me too) tend to be more sensitive to flavors and meds and such.
I would try a different store and lower nic.
For me pure vg helped a lot.
There are tons of ways to tweak what you vape so that its perfect.

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Since there seem to be a few people here that know their nic, heres something that Id like to know if its me or ....

A few months ago I decided to try nic in a PG base. I finally finished off my previous nic base ( had always used VG nic) I mixed up my usual simple single flavors and man if it did not taste awful.. Dont know how to describe it, but it was harsh and no matter how I mixed it I did not like it. It was if it had gone bad.

I posted about there being a difference in taste from PG based Nic and Vg based nic and everyone told me no.

I have since gone back to VG nic and all is well. I always do a 90 to 100 VG liquid depending on time of year. Hot weather I do full VG.

Yes, I used the same vendor all the time... Since then Ive gone to Nude Nic, its good, clean.... I think I will try VaperTek next time, and yes in a VG base.

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I vape high Nic 24 mg NETs in a little CE5+ and 18 mg in a GS air or nautilus mini at 50/50 to 70pg/30vg I've tasted peppery juices and good non peppery at those levels. I've read some people vaping unflavored Nic pg/vg say some brands of Nic bases were peppery and others not, I plan to find out for myself soon.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Since there seem to be a few people here that know their nic, heres something that Id like to know if its me or ....

A few months ago I decided to try nic in a PG base. I finally finished off my previous nic base ( had always used VG nic) I mixed up my usual simple single flavors and man if it did not taste awful.. Dont know how to describe it, but it was harsh and no matter how I mixed it I did not like it. It was if it had gone bad.

I posted about there being a difference in taste from PG based Nic and Vg based nic and everyone told me no.

I have since gone back to VG nic and all is well. I always do a 90 to 100 VG liquid depending on time of year. Hot weather I do full VG.

Yes, I used the same vendor all the time... Since then Ive gone to Nude Nic, its good, clean.... I think I will try VaperTek next time, and yes in a VG base.
Since pg gives a throat hit I'm not surprised that by itself it's harsh, and I've read vg has a little sweet taste. I'm considering nude Nic as a source I will order a pg Nic base and a vg Nic base and mix to the ratios I like and try them :)

johnkong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
bastrop, TX
I don't know if this is an option to you @Eazyaspievaper, but since i'm just coming back to vaping, again, i use 2 different tanks, one with high nic 50/50 and one with low nic 100% vg. If I need a fast fix, I use my 32mg 50/50 mix. It does tend to dry my mouth out and have a peppery feel to it, hence I go to my 100 vg after my nic fit

I should note that 100% vg are rough on my coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread