Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_chang79

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
CA
Hi all,

I finally set up my first rba, at least I think I did,

I have a few newb questions regarding RBAs (I have an Aga-T2) in general...

1) Am I to leave all holes for wick/negative post screws in? I have three screw and a negative post, I removed one screw and used it and the unthreaded hole for a U-Wick config. The other two screws are tightened down, so no hole into my tank from the deck.

2) My coil came out to 1.7 Ohms. I'm using an eVic, what volts/watts should I vape 50/50 juice?

3) Do I position the airhole that's on the side of the top cap closest to where the wick is exiting out of the deck?

4) I'm using 30 gauge kanthal and silica. I have about 7/8 wraps around the U-Wick, I noticed that the middle of the coil portion is much blacker than the outer windings, is this normal?

5) The top left and right "shoulders" of my U-Wick is a bit frayed, should I worry about loose dry wicks entering my mouth/lungs?

6) I don't notice any more or less vapor production than my glasso, Kanger Protank, are genesis RBA purely for taste? Or should I be expecting some plumes and more vapor production than my clearos/glassos?

7) I'm chain vapor, do I need to wait between puffs for the silica wick to catchup?

Here's a pic of my setup, any comment and help would be appreciated it...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376375187.015649.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376375266.331493.jpg

dhughey

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Memphis, TN
1.) This depends on the wick. If you find that your wick is drying out and coils are glowing with juice in the tank, then taking the screw out of the fill hole will help. You won't need to do this as you get better at rolling wicks. (I just realized you aren't using mesh, so the fill hole shouldn't matter.)

2.)Volts and watts are solely dependent on you. Just start lower end and move up until you find a comfort zone between the warmth of the vape and the amount of vapor. If you go too high, you will know, you can taste it burning a hot spot on the coil.

3.) The airhole should always be directly lined up with the coil, or on a u wick, somewhere in the center of the U, to make air flow over the coils, thus cooling it and allowing it to provide more vapor. Some people offset the air hole to increase throat hit, but I don't know, never tried it.

4.)I'm not sure what you mean, but maybe it had a hotspot on the middle part of the coil, and singed the silica. (try some ekowool, very cheap can be found on ebay for a couple dollars.

5.)Personally i don't think it is going to hurt you, but there are several threads on the forums about safety of silica. So, search them out, read them, and decide for yourself.

6.)There are a few things you can do to get massive vapor, lowering the ohms a bit, or enlarging the air hole on the top cap. I wouldnt go below 1 ohm until you are pretty comfortable with building these things. I don't think the evic will let you fire below 1.2 anyways, but i'm not sure..

7.)With silica, it should keep up with you.
I hope this helps, and as always.. you can pm me if you need some help with something.

tom_chang79

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
CA
Thank you very much for your help, I think it has finally settled in, I'm hitting it at 5V for a 11W vape, plumes of vape, no burning taste! You're right, as soon as I turned the airhole to line up with the wick, and kicked up my volts, I got huge plumes!

I was so excited when it started working that I think I took in too much nicotine...

I see why people drop their nic level after going Genesis.

It used to take me a lot of puffs, especially in the morning... Now, three huge puffs and I'm good.

When it is hitting, I hear a roaring/boiling sound coming from inside... This is really fun, gonna try the microcoil config I've been reading about so hopefully I'll put less stress on my eVic and battery...

The silica works pretty well, so long as I give it the Genesis style tilt while vaping, the wick is consistently soaked...

Now I just gotta stock up on juice... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread