storing e juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

trixiesdad

Oct 3, 2014
Chicago
Hey guys,

So this brick and mortar store i go to has these amazing amazing e juices, but the glass bottles dont have droppers or drippers on them. So I was thinking about getting smaller bottles with droppers like for on the go, if I'm going to use a dripping atty. I was wondering if i stored them in the bottles..would that affect the quality of the juice any?? I wouldn't see why not. Also, does the quality of the juice remain constant if stored in plastic vs glass..and should I store the ejuice in the fridge??

Thanks again guys

Saltraker

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2013
Hannibal, Missouri
Here's what I would do (and have done). Depending on the size of the original bottle, pour some of the juice into a 10 or 20 ml tipped plastic bottle to carry with you. Keep the rest in the glass until you need it. (IMO, glass just makes a better longer-term storage container.) You don't need to store juice in the fridge, normally. Keep the bottles in a cool, dark place, such as a cupboard or drawer. Just my :2c:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Flavorings in liquids are somewhat volatile and don't respond well to extreme changes in temperature - like going from room temperature to nearly freezing refrigerator temps - and back again. For the sake of not wrecking the flavors it's better to not put them in the 'fridge. Coolest place in your home and away from exposure to light is the best option.

In general for long term storage plastic isn't ideal - like for a year or longer. But if you are talking about transfer for stuff you are using on a daily basis - no problem - pick the most convenient style bottle for your needs.

ETA: You also need to know what kind of flavorings this place is using. In almost all cases organic flavored liquids have very short life spans - from 30 days to no more than 6 months depending on what your supplier says. Liquids with non-organic flavorings can have a shelf life of up to two years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread