Subtank Mini RBA Deck Juice Channel Inconsistencies / variations? (POST PICTURES)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC87

Feb 4, 2015
I was browsing another forum and noticed a discussion regarding the Subtank Mini rba juice channels. It seems some people received their juice channels cut all the way down, while other users had rounded channels which weren't cut all the way down.

Here is a picture from that thread comparing the 2 apparent types of Subtank Mini RBA decks.

rounded
tK2av3R.png

straight through
xUdVGms.png

Is one version considered a defect? If so, which juice channel configuration is the proper version? Mine were cut all the way down and I never got any dry hits while my RBA was operational (my insulator melted after normal use http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...btank-mini-clear-insulator-melted-my-rba.html)

Please post pictures of your subtank mini RBA deck juice channels and let us know which version you have and how it performs! I'm also wondering if the variations/inconsistencies have anything to do with the insulator issues, as someone there reported his version starting to taste funny as well but he didn't have the cut down channels.

[edit] he just checked and his insulator is damaged as well.

Last edited:

JC87

Feb 4, 2015
If you go to the thread I linked above, it contains information about where to get them, though I would contact Kanger. They should replace them for you. And please post pictures here of your juice channels if you can!

[edit] if it is tan, you may already have the upgraded insulator. If so, please post a pic in the insulator thread so we can see how it looks on the RBA!

Last edited:

JC87

Feb 4, 2015
A design change is also a possibility, but have you heard anything from Kanger about such things? I cant find it anywhere. Maybe its to incorporate the new insulators they plan to release, who knows?

Could anyone else please post pictures of your juice channels and RBA deck? I am curious what the user base composition is in regards to rounded cuts vs straight through. Thanks!

Jockamo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Philadephia,PA,USA
I change like that is not something they would publish. Car parts go through many revisions with no obvious rhyme or reason. On my 2012 car I bought a part on it's 5th revision and no way of knowing why.
I got my mini early then expected. My juice channels are cut all way down and I have a clear insulator. I don't think the channels have any bearing on the insulator.

JC87

Feb 4, 2015
You're most likely right. The only reason I thought maybe they did is because the newest insulators weren't fitting some RBA decks correctly because of the channel alignment.

Regardless of the insulator issue (which has admittedly derailed this thread), Im still curious to see if more users have the rounded channels or the straight through channels, and how they are performing.

JC87

Feb 4, 2015
UPDATE: A user on another forum has informed me that there are multiple version of each subtank RDA deck. Here is his post

I think it's crucial that people be aware there are MULTIPLE versions of every ....... part for these tanks. I love my subtank, but seriously Kangertech, come on:

V1 25mm RBA: ....ty white insulator, half-drilled juice channels
V2 25mm RBA: Clear insulator, juice channels drilled vertically the rest of the way to the base of the RBA
V3 25mm RBA: Clear insulator, Larger Air hole, fully-drilled juice channels
V1 Mini RBA: White insulator, half-drilled juice channels
V2 Mini RBA: Clear insulator, half-drilled juice channels
V3 Mini RBA: Clear insulator, fully drilled juice channels to the base of the RBA

These are not official version numbers, just my chronological numbering as I've followed the releases since getting my V1 25mm Subtank, replacing the insulators with the PEEK beige ones, and watching people who ordered later get better stuff.

Reactions: Longhairninja

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
be careful using the RBA like that, there is a gap between your insulator and the positive post, possibly from crossthreading the airhole screw when reassembling it
Nah. It just loosened up while I was disassembling it to take a pic. I've never used it. Does anyone know what the resistance of the supplied coils are. I'm a noob without a multimeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread