Taking the plunge into VV/VW, looking for recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirrorim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Rochester, NY
www.facebook.com
I love my seigli zmax had it for a few months and it works as well as day 1...I use a 3ohm boge Cato in a evolution tank and it vapes like a champ. The oled display is way better than smok plus the build quality is better.I had the smok zmax and it broke...

Good input. I'm looking for any critique no matter how small. When it comes to electronics there is some level of aesthetics playing into my choice of equipment. I want a screen that is easy to read and looks nice. That's one of my reservations about the VAMO actually. If I go that route, and print and finish my own wraps for it, I will probably do so with a block out vinyl and cut the knock-out for the screen a bit smaller to cover that obnoxious glowing ring around the edge of the display.

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
I have zero issues with the evic build quality. It feels as though if I treat it well, it will last a very long time, and I'm not in the habit of abusing stuff I rely on or that I paid a lot of money. As for any freezing issues or anything, no. Last night at the pub it was standing up and someone bumped it and it fell over on the table, and turned off in the process, that's the only thing that's happened so far. For what it's worth the software on the Mac sucks a lot, but it did the firmware update alright so that's all that matters really. The software however doesn't keep an accurate record of the puff and wattage etc, i had about 400 puffs on it yesterday , and it said I had 60.

mirrorim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Rochester, NY
www.facebook.com
I have zero issues with the evic build quality. It feels as though if I treat it well, it will last a very long time, and I'm not in the habit of abusing stuff I rely on or that I paid a lot of money. As for any freezing issues or anything, no. Last night at the pub it was standing up and someone bumped it and it fell over on the table, and turned off in the process, that's the only thing that's happened so far. For what it's worth the software on the Mac sucks a lot, but it did the firmware update alright so that's all that matters really. The software however doesn't keep an accurate record of the puff and wattage etc, i had about 400 puffs on it yesterday , and it said I had 60.

Alright, so the freezing issue is probably just a case of faulty electronics in a handful of devices... I know that happens all the time no matter what kind of electronics we are talking about. I wouldn't mind if the software was shoddy on tracking, I am very happy with my spinner and that has no bells and whistles beyond the knurling and markings for the VV. So it syncs with your software when you charge on a computer I take it?

This is shaping up to be a really difficult decision.

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
Yeah it's supposed to keep track of every puff and what wattage and voltage they're at, for every day / week / month etc. not sure how useful it is , but what ever. It's neat though I guess. There's also a running counter you can put on your screen on the device with the remaining puffs. I'm at 2069 since Monday afternoon with the evic, there's probably a few hundred on my twist as well.

fishercat

Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Woodbridge, VA
+1 on the Sigelei. I've had it for a couple of months now with no problems. When I bought it, I was trying to decide between the VAMO and Sigelei. I found the Sigelei as a kit with 2 batteries and a charger for close to the same price as a VAMO (once you added in the batteries and charger). But now, there are some killer deals going on VAMOs so it might be cheaper to go that route if price is an issue.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I am not going the route of ProVari right away... its just too expensive. So... as far as VAMO/SMax/VMax/eVic goes, what are your thoughts on this?

I tend to agonize over choices, and I've at least held most of those.

IMHO, for me nothing between the eGo Twist/Vision Spinner level and the Provari is worth buying. If you want one, you want one.

The zMax/vMax/etc. just feel cheap, and they bring along the baggage from imitating the provari, namely the menu system. Maybe you like that; maybe you hate it. I don't like it, but it doesn't annoy me near as much as I thought it would. If I didn't like everything else about the Provari, it wouldn't be worth it. The zMax/vMax are safe mods, and people like them…I can't see spending that amount of money on them. Not when a base model provari is only about a carton of cigarettes more expensive.

The vamo is the only one I haven't used. I've heard good things, but I kind of inherently distrust smoktech.

The eVic is kind of cool. It feels pretty cheap, but it does VW. It looks better with big tanks and stuff than a lot of PVs. And the screen is just better than most of what's out there. But I'm not sure I'd spend $100 on it. It just doesn't feel nice enough to me.

The Provari feels very nice and if you like the way it looks and it's menus……it's obviously a solid choice. The rest…don't appeal to me.

mirrorim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Rochester, NY
www.facebook.com
I tend to agonize over choices, and I've at least held most of those.

IMHO, for me nothing between the eGo Twist/Vision Spinner level and the Provari is worth buying. If you want one, you want one.

The zMax/vMax/etc. just feel cheap, and they bring along the baggage from imitating the provari, namely the menu system. Maybe you like that; maybe you hate it. I don't like it, but it doesn't annoy me near as much as I thought it would. If I didn't like everything else about the Provari, it wouldn't be worth it. The zMax/vMax are safe mods, and people like them…I can't see spending that amount of money on them. Not when a base model provari is only about a carton of cigarettes more expensive.

The vamo is the only one I haven't used. I've heard good things, but I kind of inherently distrust smoktech.

The eVic is kind of cool. It feels pretty cheap, but it does VW. It looks better with big tanks and stuff than a lot of PVs. And the screen is just better than most of what's out there. But I'm not sure I'd spend $100 on it. It just doesn't feel nice enough to me.

The Provari feels very nice and if you like the way it looks and it's menus……it's obviously a solid choice. The rest…don't appeal to me.

I figured I would read this at some point. I am so new to vaping that I have not held anything that felt better than my Spinner. Based on everything I've looked at from online retailers, cost and what I have read on this thread I am leaning toward the VAMO. I must say though, I do want a ProVari but I am not willing to drop that kind of cash anytime in the forseeable future. I want to play around with a VW device, if I can do that for around $100 or less I'm pretty happy not having the ProVari yet. Also, if I decide down the road to upgrade further, ProVape will probably have a VV/VW device available at that point anyway.

mirrorim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Rochester, NY
www.facebook.com
This is what I have on order. I think it's a good price from what I've seen. Got my vamo from them and no problems so far. PREORDER!! Sigelei Stainless (brushed or smooth) OR Black Aluminum ZMAX Variable Power (adjustable wattage) VV APV

That is a good price for sure. Might be a good option, I wonder if the price is going to jump $30 when its in stock. Just out of curiosity, which finish did you choose? Both options seem like a good idea to me. It seems like this decision only gets harder the more I mill over it.

I hope the moderators don't think I started this thread to bump my post count. :ohmy:

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I figured I would read this at some point. I am so new to vaping that I have not held anything that felt better than my Spinner. Based on everything I've looked at from online retailers, cost and what I have read on this thread I am leaning toward the VAMO. I must say though, I do want a ProVari but I am not willing to drop that kind of cash anytime in the forseeable future. I want to play around with a VW device, if I can do that for around $100 or less I'm pretty happy not having the ProVari yet. Also, if I decide down the road to upgrade further, ProVape will probably have a VV/VW device available at that point anyway.

I want to reiterate that if you're not buying a Provari, I think the Twist/Spinner are still the best on the market. My Spinner broke from being dropped on concrete, but it still functions. My twists have seen just as much abuse as my Provari, and they've taken it all in stride.

That's why I don't think anything in-between is worth paying for. The little $30 things are 90% of the way there.

As far as trying VW goes…the kick still exists. And there are a lot of $40 mods out there. Together with a couple batteries and a charger, they're right around $100. I really like my Kamry K100 (empire clone). It looks great. It works great with a kick. It fits a 510 atomizer with a 510-510 extension or a 901 atomizer with a slim 510-901 adapter. And Boges fit pretty well with nothing else. You can use whatever size battery you want.

And, honestly, I'm using it more often than my Provari.

I think something like that is a solid way to go.

People like the Smoktech Telescope for similar reasons. A metal Bolt or Natural would probably work similarly. Heck, I almost bought a bolt on a whim yesterday from a B&M because, again, I just like the way they look.

The only thing you really lose with the Kick is the ability to adjust power quickly. And pulling 10W out of a 3.7V battery drains them like woah, but that'd be the same with anything.

StarsOfKaoz

Mar 3, 2013
Wormtown
I have been off analogs and on a pv for 3 months now and I did some research but it became clear to me that the vamo was a good choice. Its slim, and seems durable, i like the longer battery life so I an 18650 with the battery extension tube but you can run a 18350 and its really small. I also got a friend hooked he got the black chrome finish I don't suggest it. Its nice to have the low volts for the fruit and menthol and high for tobacco. If your like me you want to personalize your pv so check out the forum for wraps and wrap templates.

mirrorim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Rochester, NY
www.facebook.com
I want to reiterate that if you're not buying a Provari, I think the Twist/Spinner are still the best on the market. My Spinner broke from being dropped on concrete, but it still functions. My twists have seen just as much abuse as my Provari, and they've taken it all in stride.

That's why I don't think anything in-between is worth paying for. The little $30 things are 90% of the way there.

As far as trying VW goes…the kick still exists. And there are a lot of $40 mods out there. Together with a couple batteries and a charger, they're right around $100. I really like my Kamry K100 (empire clone). It looks great. It works great with a kick. It fits a 510 atomizer with a 510-510 extension or a 901 atomizer with a slim 510-901 adapter. And Boges fit pretty well with nothing else. You can use whatever size battery you want.

And, honestly, I'm using it more often than my Provari.

I think something like that is a solid way to go.

People like the Smoktech Telescope for similar reasons. A metal Bolt or Natural would probably work similarly. Heck, I almost bought a bolt on a whim yesterday from a B&M because, again, I just like the way they look.

The only thing you really lose with the Kick is the ability to adjust power quickly. And pulling 10W out of a 3.7V battery drains them like woah, but that'd be the same with anything.

Okay, now the Kick has made its way into my decision. I am a bit into the quick adjustments, as I am finding with my current equipment I am changing voltages not based on what atty I am using at the time, but also based on the liquid I have loaded up and my preference for different levels of TH between these variables. I have noticed that there are a lot of available mods that aren't so flashy as what I mentioned earlier that could be spruced up quite nicely with the Kick. It does seem that it will cost me about the same no matter which route I decide to take short of the ProVari.

I'm really glad I'm giving myself lots of time in this decision. Thank you all, each and every one of you are bringing me closer and closer to a final decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread