Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimo114

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Jacksonville FL
Greetings,

I have been eyeing the Provari for awhile and I currently own an MVP 2 and an Evic. I am loving the evic but I have a feeling the first time I drop it that will be the end of it...

I've read the best things about the Provari is the durability and consistency of the vape. I am curious if anyone has experience with both devices and can tell me any noticeable difference in the vape. I love the display on the evic but at the end of the day it's all about the vape and reliability of the device.

On a side note, are the batteries from provape the best ones to get if I decide to get it?

Any advice would be appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Yeah theres a difference. The Provari is a smoother vape. It doesn't spit and gurgle all the time. The Evic is also a little underpowered considering it can only go up to 5 volts with the Provari being able to hit 6 which can be very helpful in situations where you have a 2 or 2.5 or even 3 ohm coil and your getting bad hits or you've flooded the coils and you need to vaporize some juice quickly. The Evic is a toy in the hand compared to the Provari, you'll know what I mean when you get a Provari. If your going to get a provari you can get cheaper AW batteries elseware. But yes, you have to use AW batteries in the provari if you want your warranty to be legal. Provape does not allow or recommend any other batteries. AW is the brand for Provaris. Get it man. I know it'll blow your mind when you open the box lol. I promise.

Wmmeese

Dedicated Lurker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
St Louis
I have both, however; my Evic is broken after drooping it for about the fifth time. While the Evic feels fragile in your hand, the Provari feels like a solid piece of steel. The Provari is limited to Variable Voltage only, along with the ability to check resistance, battery condition and turn the screen on and off. All functions are accessed through one button in a "round robin" set up. There are numerous stories on ECF of people dropping them from various heights with only cosmetic damage. The voltage control is said to be the most stable from fresh off the charger battery until shut down. I am sure you can find a detailed review on "Taste your juice.com". I have the Mini Provari with the extension cap. I rotate through various mods over a period of time, but almost always have the Provari close at hand.

Hope this helps. I would definitely recommend you watch the review before you pull the trigger.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Greetings,

I have been eyeing the Provari for awhile and I currently own an MVP 2 and an Evic. I am loving the evic but I have a feeling the first time I drop it that will be the end of it...

I've read the best things about the Provari is the durability and consistency of the vape. I am curious if anyone has experience with both devices and can tell me any noticeable difference in the vape. I love the display on the evic but at the end of the day it's all about the vape and reliability of the device.

On a side note, are the batteries from provape the best ones to get if I decide to get it?

Any advice would be appreciated

I owned an eVic for four months prior to getting my ProVari. I loved that mod. I only got a ProVari because I made it one year analog-free, and I wanted to get one to compare. I honestly thought the eVic would be its equal...

Then I got my ProVari. Man, there is just no comparison. The vape quality throughout the battery life, the increased power limits, and the reliability of the device were obvious. I sold my eVic a couple of months after I got my first ProVari so I had room in my mod stand for another ProVari.

Here is the comparison I made with my Fluke 333 true RMS meter, comparing output voltages.

eVicProVarichart_zpsdd008e6e.png

The ProVari was much more consistent and outperforms the eVic in every way that matters. Plus, you get a year of warranty and service for life with a ProVari. When I broke my first eVic head, I had to shell out sixty bucks in a CoOp to replace it. I was lucky, I was able to re-solder the wires to the eVic the first time the control head popped off, so I only had to buy one replacement head.

Get a ProVari.

Last edited:

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
evic vs provari, biggest difference in function is the evic only goes to 11 watts output max where the provari can go to 15 watts

biggest difference in build quality, the evic is a plastic toy where the provari is a steel tank.

third thing I'd suggest is to at least look at the svoemesto semovar, similar to the provari in build quality, full stainless steel, 15 watts as well but arguably even better electronics with the nivel chip

Optimo114

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Jacksonville FL
Thanks everyone. I've watched and read the reviews for the past week or so. I'm sure it's a great device. Don't think I've seen one negative comment on the Provari ever. I don't get any gurgle or have any issues with the evic as of now but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about the quality. My only concern with the Provari is that it seems "outdated" meaning no wattage, no ego threads etc. I almost get the feeling a new version is on the way.. But as they say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

How's the battery life compared to the evic? A 18650 gets down to 25% on a heavy vape day. I'm curious since the Provari doesn't have the more in depth display maybe a 18490 might last me the day

Thanks again and sorry Smythe posts.. Posting on my phone

Optimo114

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Jacksonville FL
Here are the details of my vape and see if it would matter or not. I'm a semi noob in the vaping world.

I smoke 100% VG only and I've never been able to go past 9-9.5 watts without getting the burnt taste so I wouldn't need the extra power from 11-15, or 5-6v. That's pretty much for mechanicals and rebuildables correct? I doubt I will ever get into rebuildables, I am perfectly content with my Davide Glassos ( pro tank 2 clone? ) and a few Kanger T3Ss. This is more than enough taste, vapor production to keep me off of analogs. I've only been vaping for a couple months but I will go to the grave vaping. The goal is to get to 0 nicotine of course.

With that said, would it be worth it to jump now or wait until my evic dies? I really wish I could hold and try one before spending close to $300

patrao_n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
United States
If you decide to get a provari look for the blemished ones on provape.com. they are fully functional anf come with a warranty. Blemish could be a scratch or a lighter than normal logo. I cant see anything wrong with mine. Its a v2 "blemished" satin silver mod. And even with the 18490 batteries it easily lasts ne the day. Goodluck with your next mod whichever it may be.

*cough* provari *cough*

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
The Evic is a crappy vaping mod with some really neat functions. The Provari is equaled in vape quality by the Semovar as far as regulated devices go IMO.
I honestly cant see any comparison as to quality between the two. You cant vape a puff counter or any of the online functions the Evic has mine just collects dust.

Bubba

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2010
North Carolina
Wow - I've seen this argument before. Invariably the provari camp ends up bashing the evic (as you've seen here). I'll try to avoid that and respond objectively. Disclaimer: I have and use an eVic.

First, the eVic is not a toy, nor is it junk. It's not as durable as a provari, but wasn't designed to be. My andriod phone isn't as durable as my old nextel phone either. If durability is a major concern (maybe you work construction or are clumsy) get the provari. For me, it's irrelevant since I sit behind a desk all day. My devices aren't subject to extreme conditions or temperatures. I've dropped the eVic several times and had no issues. This nonsense that a flea fart at a thousand yards will cause them to shatter is just that - nonsense.

Next, about the power limits. The provari goes to 6 volts, the evic to 5. If you need that additional volt, there's only one choice. Personally, I've never needed to go to 6 volts (on any device) so it's irrelevant to me. I don't vape .000001 ohm coils at 1.21 jig-a-watts.

For me, the biggest advantages the eVic has are these:

Variable wattage
upgradeable firmware
recharge via USB (don't have to lug around extra batteries like with some of my other mods)
better display
easier navigation

Provari advantages:

durability
longer warranty
1 extra volt

At the end of the day, which do you like better? Get that one. Don't let fanboys on either side talk you into or out of getting what you want.

zhentipede

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
California, USA
got both evic and provari... loved the evic but tired of soldering everytime i drop it...been sitting in the vape box for few weeks now..

evic output drops big time once less than 50% charge... yep experienced it... now after i solder the evic i am planning to use it as a makeshift tester for my coil builds using wood as holder to make it stable ... all these after i check the accuracy of ohm readings compared to provari first..... 20130410_032635.jpg 20130408_214706.jpg

Bubba

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2010
North Carolina
The Evic is a crappy vaping mod with some really neat functions. The Provari is equaled in vape quality by the Semovar as far as regulated devices go IMO.
I honestly cant see any comparison as to quality between the two. You cant vape a puff counter or any of the online functions the Evic has mine just collects dust.

I'll PM you my address so you can get rid of that crappy dust collector, lol (I'll even pay for shipping!)

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Wow - I've seen this argument before. Invariably the provari camp ends up bashing the evic (as you've seen here). I'll try to avoid that and respond objectively. Disclaimer: I have and use an eVic.

First, the eVic is not a toy, nor is it junk. It's not as durable as a provari, but wasn't designed to be. My andriod phone isn't as durable as my old nextel phone either. If durability is a major concern (maybe you work construction or are clumsy) get the provari. For me, it's irrelevant since I sit behind a desk all day. My devices aren't subject to extreme conditions or temperatures. I've dropped the eVic several times and had no issues. This nonsense that a flea fart at a thousand yards will cause them to shatter is just that - nonsense.

Next, about the power limits. The provari goes to 6 volts, the evic to 5. If you need that additional volt, there's only one choice. Personally, I've never needed to go to 6 volts (on any device) so it's irrelevant to me. I don't vape .000001 ohm coils at 1.21 jig-a-watts.

For me, the biggest advantages the eVic has are these:

Variable wattage
upgradeable firmware
recharge via USB (don't have to lug around extra batteries like with some of my other mods)
better display
easier navigation

Provari advantages:

durability
longer warranty
1 extra volt

At the end of the day, which do you like better? Get that one. Don't let fanboys on either side talk you into or out of getting what you want.

ProVari advantages not listed previously:

*Accurate voltage at any point in the battery charge. (See my chart)
*An Atty connector that won't strip
*Service from Provape for life.
* 1 extra Amp
* 4 extra Watts

And there's the spiritual component...

PsalmProVari_zpse8d7d7a7.png

Tapped out

Last edited:

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
just because something is a lower quality cheaper built device does not make it useless or bad. you get what you pay for, and for what it is the evic is a damn cool thing and worth every penny of what it costs to a lot of people, but lets not kid our selves here, it is much cheaper to buy and it is a cheaply constructed device compared to a provari or semovar. no reason to be offended by these facts or become all defensive of the evic, it's very obvious which is superior and I bet you will never find even one person who has both and prefers the evic, the only ones who prefer the evic are those who only have an evic. the evic may very well be more than good enough for them too

it's up to you to decide where "good enough" is for you, the evic blows away an ego twist, in the end it's all relative.

Bubba

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2010
North Carolina
ProVari advantages not listed previously:

*Accurate voltage at any point in the battery charge. (See my chart)
*An Atty connector that won't strip
*Service from Provape for life.
* 1 extra Amp
* 4 extra Watts

While I don't doubt your chart, it doesn't make that much difference to me. I don't notice a huge difference in performance as the charge gets lower. Could be because I don't push my stuff too hard and tend to stay in pretty tame range when it comes to volts/watts and resistance.

As far as the atty connector, haven't had a problem with mine. I know some people will get an adapter to "protect" the threads, but it's a non issue with me. I don't change tanks 34098573498 times an hour, nor do I allow the hulk to tighten them.

The extra power is another non issue since I stay in the conservative range with this. For me it wouldn't matter if it had a thousand extra amps/volts/BTU's or whatever. I have other stuff that will go higher than the evic and don't use that extra power on those either.

Personally, I can't understand why people feel the need to bash the evic. If the prophallus is so superior in every way, it shouldn't need cheerleaders to tout it non stop. The evic has been around for a while and continues to sell, so it can't be a total loss.

Unless of course people are just looking for crappy dust collectors to throw in their drawer after soldering non stop due to incessant flea farting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread