taste of tobacco absolute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

solardrgn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2009
socal
i just tried a few tobacco flavors and they have a very distinct, similar taste to them. AVE bobas bounty, vermillion river kentucky premium blend, AVE havana gold (very strong) are the ones i tried. just wondering what the flavor is as i am not particularly fond of them. its not present in NLV bounty which, to me is just sweet and delicious haha.

ADDED - would TA make my tongue feel weird? everything kind of taste like soap now and its kind fo numb...

Last edited:

Egouser

Nov 6, 2010
US
tobacco absolute is a VERY strong flavoring , it requires 2 drops in a 5 ml bottle diluted with pg/vg to a full bottle , THEN you use just a couple drops of that in your juice .... it is THAT strong .... I like to use 1 drop of the cut down tobacco absolute as described above along with a Virginia Tobacco flavoring ( 12-14 drops ) in a 10 ml mix .... it gives an hearty earthy taste to a mixture ... it is very easy to over do it with Tobacco absolute so start by mixing smaller batches until you get the right taste for you because it would be really easy to screw up 20-30 ml of juice beyond repair with it ... so again for the 100th time be very careful when using this stuff its out of control strong

Voltron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
San Juan, PR
I think the particular flavor that you don't like may indeed be tobacco absolute, or some kind of tobacco extract. I used to dislike the KPB at first because of that particular taste. I found it overpowering, but after extended steeping it mellowed out and now I love it. Maybe it can work for you too.

BTW, I also like the BH a lot and it's sweet, mellow flavor. But I don't really consider it a tobacco flavor. Maybe strong tobacco extracts aren't for you. :2c:

therealrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2012
Thailand
In my experience TA needs a lot of steeping to get that perfume taste out. I usually use only 2 drops of diluted mix to every 5ml and i give it a few hot water baths with the lid off. Then a few more with the lid on. Then i leave in a dark place for a few days to settle occasionally shaking and it seams to work for me. I also don't use it as a stand alone flavor, i combine it with some other kind of flavor, TPA DK or vagina

Voltron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
San Juan, PR
In my experience TA needs a lot of steeping to get that perfume taste out. I usually use only 2 drops of diluted mix to every 5ml and i give it a few hot water baths with the lid off. Then a few more with the lid on. Then i leave in a dark place for a few days to settle occasionally shaking and it seams to work for me. I also don't use it as a stand alone flavor, i combine it with some other kind of flavor, TPA DK or vagina

Where do you get that last flavor you mentioned? I'm interested in some ;) LOL

Voltron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
San Juan, PR
just tried a few more tobacco flavors with the same taste just in case anyone else might know what the flavor is.
form mom and pop vapor: 10forty, tobacco haze, ry4, and ry4v2

I get the same taste as well from Mom and Pop's Tobacco Haze and Praze. I guess it might be tobacco absolute indeed.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
just tried a few more tobacco flavors with the same taste just in case anyone else might know what the flavor is.
form mom and pop vapor: 10forty, tobacco haze, ry4, and ry4v2

I get the same taste as well from Mom and Pop's Tobacco Haze and Praze. I guess it might be tobacco absolute indeed.

solardrgn and Voltron,

Yes, MomandPop uses two different but related natural tobacco extracts for their tobacco blends. As far as I know, RYO and RYO4 use a natural extract called (obviously enough) Tobacco Extract, while the other juices you mentioned all use Tobacco Absolute. The flavor profiles of those juices are very strongly influenced by the distinctive taste of Absolute.

Another vendor whose juices have the definite taste of Absolute is Moondrop in their Straight Up line of tobacco blends.

Although I'm unable to describe in words the taste of Tobacco Absolute, it has a very specific and unique flavor that's instantly recognizable when used in sufficient concentration, as both MomandPop and Moondrop do. Some other vendors use Absolute very sparingly to kick up other, often synthetic tobacco flavor concentrates in their tobacco blend juices, where the Absolute taste remains subtly in the background and is less easily distinguished as a characteristic flavor.

Jonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Pennsylvania
This is very interesting to me. I think Tobacco Absolute is found in every liquid that I tend to dislike. Could we maybe list vendors that we think don't use TA? If we're wrong maybe the vendor could correct us? I'm pretty sure Nitelite and AVE don't use it, or if they do, have learned how to use it sparingly.

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY
Bump

I have been trying to figure this out also. Many juices have a tangy, strong, almost tart base note that I don't care for. Yet the are very highly recommended and loved by many people. I also think it might be ta. I've pm'd a few people and vendors who I thought might know but haven't gotten very far. I really didn't want to name the ones I don't like on the open forum because I don't want it to sound like I am cutting the vendor down and I certainly don't want to offend anyone. But I'm tired of wasting money and time trying to figure this out. I agree with Jonner that naming ones we like and don't like may help us figure out if it is ta (or what?) that gives that flavor and steer us towards juices that are more agreeable to our taste.

So I will start and hope others will join in the discussion:

I get "that" negative flavor from V4L Wow tobaccos, BWB (especially Casablanca), AVE Gorilla and slightly from Boba's, Blumist, CC Voodoo and Twisted Tobacco and I think maybe Vaperite but I can't remember for sure. I have steeped these for up to 3 months. The flavor diminishes some but is still there.

I like and don't get "that" taste from CC House Blend, KBV OMG and Phillips, The Vapor Girl or JC.

I would love to find more tobacco juices that don't have whatever that strong base note is - ta or something else? I've heard that ta gives very good/true tobacco flavor which I find odd because after 5 months analog free I am still craving a good strong tobacco like Marlboro Red. Yes, I already know you can't replicate an analog but I would like something that doesn't have a tart, vinegary, tangy flavor to it. Tobacco never tasted like that to me before.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
I would love to find more tobacco juices that don't have whatever that strong base note is - ta or something else? I've heard that ta gives very good/true tobacco flavor which I find odd because after 5 months analog free I am still craving a good strong tobacco like Marlboro Red. Yes, I already know you can't replicate an analog but I would like something that doesn't have a tart, vinegary, tangy flavor to it. Tobacco never tasted like that to me before.

Mookie, I think it would be worth your while to try NiteLiteVapor's new juice "Twilite." It is an excellent straight-tobacco vape, 65/35 PG/VG, and definitely does not have "that" TA flavor under discussion.

You might also try NLV's Gold (a slightly honey-ish tobacco) and the new Litehouse (haven't tried it yet, but supposed to be another "plain" basic tobacco vape).

http://nitelitevapor.us

Last edited:

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY
FWI - I e-mailed NLV and asked if they used tobacco absolute. Here is their reply:

"No, none of our current e-liquids contain Tobacco Absolute, however we are working on a future version (variation) of our Line Rider tobacco that will contain Tobacco Absolute. But it will not be available for a while. Maybe in May."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread