Tell me the sweet spot for both single and dual coils on a Provari 2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-Woodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Huntington Beach CA
I have been doing a lot of reading and it always ends in a math battle.

I have been building coils and sub ohm building for a good year now. I bought a provari to use with carto tanks, which i love for work. I recently ordered an igo-w, and plan on using it on the provari for a more "mellow" dripping experience. All of my other drippers have huge holes drilled in them and are specifically used for blowing huge clouds with the mechs. Im not used to the whole volt/amp/ohm limitation that the Provari brings to the table.

1. i am interested in dual coils, or at least trying it once. What would the sweet spot be as far as ohms are concerned?
(how low of an ohm can i go before the Provari starts showing errors. should i build a higher ohm DC? i know there is like a 4.5V limitation with dual coils)

2. On a single coil build, which i grasp much more in terms of the Provari's limitations, should i build LR and keep the voltage around "medium" or should i shoot for 3 ohms and crank the Provari to 6 volts?

Im not looking for an explanation of WHY the Provari has limitations. Im looking more for user experiences and techniques. I would like the drippers i use on the Provaris to come as close to a mech dripping experience as possible, with the convenience and consistency of the Provari.

Also, i have tried a micro coil and like it so far, but im waiting for that igo-w with the smaller air holes to get here so i can really see what the micro coil is all about.

TIA

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I can only share what I use. I'll tell you from the start I like a cooler vape. I find low resistance anything too harsh for me. I build my AGA T2 coils @ 2 ohm, so I may not be much help to you.

I use 2.5 - 3.0 ohm Ikenvape (519 Fusion or Platinum standard resistance) cartos (single coils), or 3.0 ohm Smoktech single coils when out of IKV's. I adjust the voltage to the best flavor production of the juice I'm using. The fruits are more delicate and like lower voltage (3.5 - 3.8 v). Other flavors I have, such as coffee or tobacco flavors, around 4.0 - 4.4 volts. I hardly ever go above 5 volts.

I used dual coil Smoktechs when I first started out with cartotanks and didn't really care for them. I often got burnt flavor, which I now attribute to the uppermost coil probably burning the filler after time. The upper coil lies above the fill holes on the duel coils, so I theorize that over time the filler around the upper coil can go dry. I possibly would not still be using cartotanks if I hadn't tried a single coil.

I suggest getting a variety of carto resistances, possibly in both duel/single coils, and experiment to see which you prefer. I personally find the Safe Vaping Power Chart to be a good guide for me.

Last edited:

K-Woodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Huntington Beach CA
I can only share what I use. I'll tell you from the start I like a cooler vape. I find low resistance anything too harsh for me. I build my AGA T2 coils @ 2 ohm, so I may not be much help to you.

I use 2.5 - 3.0 ohm Ikenvape (519 Fusion or Platinum standard resistance) cartos (single coils), or 3.0 ohm Smoktech single coils when out of IKV's. I adjust the voltage to the best flavor production of the juice I'm using. The fruits are more delicate and like lower voltage (3.5 - 3.8 v). Other flavors I have, such as coffee or tobacco flavors, around 4.0 - 4.4 volts. I hardly ever go above 5 volts.

I used dual coil Smoktechs when I first started out with cartotanks and didn't really care for them. I often got burnt flavor, which I now attribute to the uppermost coil probably burning the filler after time. The upper coil lies above the fill holes on the duel coils, so I theorize that over time the filler around the upper coil can go dry. I possibly would not still be using cartotanks if I hadn't tried a single coil.

I suggest getting a variety of carto resistances, possibly in both duel/single coils, and experiment to see which you prefer. I personally find the Safe Vaping Power Chart to be a good guide for me.

Excellent, this is the type of response I was looking for. It seems it's way easier to find LR stuff than SR stuff right now. I think I would be happier with SR, based on my experience with both LR and SR protank heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread