That Elusive Flavor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynila

Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Austin, TX
What is a flavor that you're looking for that you've tried multiple vendors and it just seems like no one can get it right? Posting this to see if someone else has found one and out of curiousity to see if there are just some flavors that can't be reproduced...

I have two I've been hunting for and notes on what I've tried.

Dreamsicle (orange cream) flavor
-- EVERY one of these I've tried has been chemical tasting and I've tried:
  • Orange Cream (Create-A-Cig) - smelled awful in the bottle, chemical up front and soapy at the back, just all around bad
  • Orange Dreams (All About Vapor) - heavy on the cream, light on the orange and felt like it burnt in the nose (worst nasal burn I've had with a juice!) on exhale
  • Diligence (Liquid Xpress, from their Virtues line) - this was all around painful, all chemical no fruit or cream and their local samples only come in 18mg so it was super peppery from the nicotine (I vape 11-12mg normally, trying to step down to 6)
  • Orange Cream (Mr. vape) -smelled great in the bottle, but almost flavorless on the inhale and chemical on the way out
  • Orange Dream Bar (Peace Pipe Vapor) - closest by far, light pleasant orange flavor, no cream, on the inhale, but again, chemical on the way out :-(

I've pretty much given up on this one. Well, I say that, then I find a new vendor and order another one, lol...

Maple/Maple syrup -- I have family in Vermont and love pure maple syrup. Biggest problem with these has been a bitter, burnt taste on all of them, especially on the inhale.
  • Maple (Mt Baker Vapor) - I've tried just their flavoring and their juice and both were very bitter in and out
  • Maple/Brown Sugar (Peace Pipe Vapor) - Fab local shop with very patient mixing staff. When I mentioned my issues with Maple she suggested that maybe it was a sweet thing, since maple flavoring won't have the sweet flavor of actual maple syrup. Sweetener was unpleasant, so we tried with a little brown sugar to sweeten. Was okay in shop and has a lovely aroma, but after steeping the brown sugar took over and the rest was chemical...
  • Maple Syrup (Mr Vape) - Best so far, but all the flavor was on the exhale, no flavor in the mouth at all on inhale, just a hot/burnt feel

How about you? What flavor can you not find and what have you tried in your search? Inquiring minds want to know!

dilong1717

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2012
Newark, DE
Cheesecake - I've only tried FSUSA, but I'm afraid to try any others. So many have listed it as a yucky vape. I'd really like to find a good authentic cheesecake flavor!

Highbrow Vapor does a good cheesecake imo.. I the only gripe I have about them is they only ship priority mail. I hate being forced to pay $5 or more for shipping....

lissa5168

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
East TN
I think Alice in Vapeland has the best orange creamsicle in my opinion.

My problem juice was key lime. Tried a bunch before I finally hit on Vape Dudes. Theirs is perfect! (For me, that is.)

Now to find a good pina colada. I suspect the problem is the coconut. Like someone else said, good coconut is elusive.

Sent by my super-secret messenger owl using Tapatalk 2

lissa5168

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
East TN
So far coffee has been tough...either too sweet, too creamy, or too bitter.

I likes me some strong french roast/italian roast coffee, with just a little cream and sweetener to take the bite off.

You might like VapeDudes Mocha Java Drizzle. It was WAY too bold for me. Sounds perfect for you!

Sent by my super-secret messenger owl using Tapatalk 2

acid

Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
Northern California
I am looking for a flavor that is like the smell of a fresh pack of cigs or alternatively a bag of quality pipe tobacco. I have been dissappointed by all the tobacco flavors except bobas bounty and some from aroma. The NET's I've tried were a mixed bag. One really bad one. Legend from HHV is getting better with steeping so I think If I put that in my protank I'll be happy.

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
So far coffee has been tough...either too sweet, too creamy, or too bitter.

I likes me some strong french roast/italian roast coffee, with just a little cream and sweetener to take the bite off.

I'm not saying it's the best, but it's my favorite coffee. Elite Vapors French Roast Coffee. It's really really dark but it's yummy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread