Not open for further replies.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Our daughter just dropped in by surprise!:D One of the boys is coming tomorrow so I'm a happy old man. Everybody have a happy Thanksgiving!
That's so great to hear! Happiness on Thanksgiving is the most wonderful blessing!

got me and oscar a smoked turkey WOO HOO!!!!
There ya go! I knew you would end up with turkey! Enjoy your day!

Just finished Hanukkah dinner with wife's grandparents it was pot roast and potato pancakes num num num! :p Good night Reoville and Happy Thanksgiving Eve:)

Sent while Hyper Vapin a Trippy tipped Reo
Sounds wonderful sweetie! :wub: Enjoy your time with family!

196166_293593164085399_275491880_n.jpg
Thank you! And hope yours is terrific!

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone. Hot turkey sandwiches will be served in Reoville's middle school starting Friday, lasting through Monday. Hours are 12 noon-7PM.
You have a fantastic Thanksgiving sweetie!

Happy Thanksgiving REOVille. Once Mamaw has her cup of coffee we begin the time honored tradition of Sharpening of Knives. That's where I ask Mamaw which knives she's using today, take them to the workbench and sharpen them. Only, I'm not allowed to use a file and stone anymore, something about them being 'too sharp;. :ohmy:

Safe Travels, and enjoy Today's Blessings, not the least of which are Family and Friends.

Be careful! And enjoy the slicing goodness! Make some memories with your family today!

Happy Thanksgiving REOfriends !

Have a terrific Thanksgiving Bob!

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com

Wishing everyone a happy holiday! Don't forget to keep an eye on your furbabies, my counter surfer ate half a loaf of cornbread yesterday while I was chasing the other one down as she had a piping bag full of frosting running through the front yard.
:facepalm:

Reminds me of The Christmas Story! Just be glad it wasn't the turkey!!!

Enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving Jen. Amidst all the trials and work, remember that memories are made that will make you smile in later years.

Lots of love and hugs to you sweetie!

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
Reminds me of The Christmas Story! Just be glad it wasn't the turkey!!!

Enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving Jen. Amidst all the trials and work, remember that memories are made that will make you smile in later years.

Lots of love and hugs to you sweetie!

Other than the dog fiasco, yesterday will be full of great memories. Sat on the back porch with Sister and watched a big bird soaring through the sky over the pines, while her Indian music played. (probably was a buzzard, but it was pretty to watch) Then she said the prayer...to The Great Spirit, can you please help us get our houses fixed, we are thankful for the pets, can you fix my shower, thankful for this food, wish the heat was better,....
Plus I got to cook with my Mom. :)

Tons of love and hugs back to you!

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
I watched a show last night on PBS Nature series about a guy down in Florida that hatched wild turkey eggs and had the chicks imprint on him so he became their mother. He spent over a year with these birds. It was an amazing show. They are very intelligent animals. He was jealous of them because they lived in the moment and he wasn't. He learned so much from them. They know what insects are good to eat and which ones are harmful, which snakes to avoid and which ones are OK. All this they are born with so he didn't have to teach them anything. They like to play with other animals such as squirrels and fawns. They are curious when they come across bones of dead animals. A stump that is sawed off by man is given much scrutiny whereas one that's natural is not. They also have very different personalities. In the end they left him and went out on their own. So those wild turkeys are very smart, complex creatures.

ETA: He said he walked the woods and swamps often before having the turkeys and saw 2 or 3 rattle snakes over the past few years. When he walked with the turkeys they would find several each day. He said he felt very stupid around these birds because they knew so much of what was going on around them that he didn't have a clue about. His conclusion was that we humans don't have a monopoly on intelligence.

Last edited:

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Happy Hanukkah. Happy Thanksgiving Fine REO Folk.

Jen, will we ever learn? When I got home (old) last night DH had turkey on counter. He had dishwasher propped open some to protect it from "Dog With Wings". He said he was listening and would hear if he pulled it down. Moe did not get it shockingly so! We used to do Tday at my friend's house, the one who lives in jungle now. She had Borzories for years. Besides the usual holiday thefts one year one dog pulled 20+ lb turkey out of oven while it was cooking. No turkey at all that year for humans. Borzori used to be called Russian Wolfhound.

Laurin, that story was amazing. Someone posted a link to it a while back. Those of us who watched were pretty blown away by it. The one hen who liked to snuggle with him did come back and built a nest near his cabin. I won't post a spoiler beyond that.

Everyone please be safe. Keep those you love close in heart and mind. Find and give some happy.

I'm so thankful for so many things.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I maybe have found Jake Mastiff's forever home. She works at new Vet. Her husband has wanted a Mastiff forever. They have 2 and 6 yr old children. Her 6 yr old daughter is wanting to do obedience and teach him tricks. (My strong silent Pinto Mastiff, who was a super Shutzhund dog, was shown at fun matches, in obedience by a 7 yr old girl. Her parents were members of one of the clubs I worked my dogs with.

I have to do a home visit before we proceed with arrangements. After Jake gets his 2nd flu shot, Dec 4, he can hang out at Vet Clinic.

Feeling a bit less guilty now. They have two dogs and Jake NEEDS doggie siblings.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

Today...I am thankful for many things...family, friends, but most importantly...I'm thankful for simply existing, for the experiences I've been blessed with both good and bad, thankful for every life I've touched and been touched by in real life and here in the web world and thankful for the freedom that has been bought and paid for with the lives of our brothers and sisters in arms so that I may express my thanks in whatever way I wish. Today, I am filled with joy at the expressions of thanks and seeing people sharing with each other.

:wub: just sayin. :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread