Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Nice SG-what year?
Thanks!

My bro-in-law builds custom guitars. He asked me 2 years ago what style and SG was a slam dunk. Hand cut claro walnut solid body and P-90 humbuckers. The pick guard is hand cut and finished briarwood. The picture makes the finish look worn but it's just stained natural grain. I love that damn thing. Play it every day.

Voltron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
San Juan, PR
I want to echo Iowagal's vote for VR Kentucky Maplewood. :) That is my very favorite of all the Kentucky Premium Blends, and imho doesn't get nearly enough love on these threads! :D

What's up Eleanor? The Steep Na...Nanny? ;) Did you know Vermillion River came out with a flavor called Kentucky Honeywood? You have mentioned before that you enjoy honey flavors, so I though you might be interested. I haven't tried it yet though.

rodjar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Virginia
Late to the party, but thanks OP for starting this thread. I'll subscribe so I can come back and research before the next order.
Torque 56 has been my adv since I started about a 1 1/2 months ago.
I've got an order from ahlusion on the way and I'm about to get in to my Roar sample package soon.
I haven't seen anyone mention Halo's Longhorn yet. Anyone else liking this? I really liked it after a good two weeks steep time (hated it at first). It's a much dryer vape than the Torque.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Man, I loved Halo Tribeca when I first got into vaping, but it just doesn't do it for me anymore. Taste changes, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was great again tomorrow.

This thread is turning into a great resource for me, and it seems to be good for others as well. That is exactly what I was hoping for when I started it. Keep the suggestions coming!!!

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I just tried it and once again, your description is right on the money. I could easily see this becoming a favorite of mine.

And it gets even better over time. My 3 months old VB is more delicious than ever. In fact, since I got my RDA and have been dripping it, I'm nearly out (I had gotten too high of nic for tank use, so it's lasted this long). Will be re-ordering soon, as well as more Organic #1 and a few others I haven't tried yet.

I had originally gotten only the 12ml bottle when I purchased, since I was brand new to vaping and wanted something more analog dry like and avoided sweet things. But now, I'm really digging the flavored tobaccos more and more. Vita Bella fits on the border between the 2 perfectly :)

I'm glad my descriptions proved accurate for you, Vapo Marx.

Voltron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
San Juan, PR
The s'funny thing is, Halo's Freedom Juice has a similar flavor to Patriot. I dripped some of each the other night, and it caught me by surprise.

That's weird. The only time I vaped Freedom Juice it tasted sort of like cedar to me. I didn't steep it though, and quickly traded it. Do you think the flavor developed with time? Or did you drip Patriot and FJ in the same atty back to back? ;)

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
That's weird. The only time I vaped Freedom Juice it tasted sort of like cedar to me. I didn't steep it though, and quickly traded it. Do you think the flavor developed with time? Or did you drip Patriot and FJ in the same atty back to back? ;)

No. Days apart. Washed atomizer in between. There was just this not, which I call "nettle" which is apparent in both.

Similar is not the same as "dead ringer" or "clone." Just "like." :)

rodjar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Virginia
sorry to jump in, but I was here and thought I'd share.
I've had to steep Halo juice from 0 to two weeks.
sometimes they are perfect right from the mail, but I've had a few that two weeks steeping made a huge difference.

I was only kidding about the same atty, dude. I know you're no noob. :D

Anyway, back to the original question. How long do you steep your Halo juice? Just in case I order some in the future.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I was only kidding about the same atty, dude. I know you're no noob. :D

Anyway, back to the original question. How long do you steep your Halo juice? Just in case I order some in the future.

:)

Overnight with caps off is usually sufficient. Lately however, they seem to be going through their supplies faster and the juice sometimes needs a few days to a few weeks. Several folks complained about the Turkish Tobacco being a bit colorless and light in flavor, but after a week or more it improved.

The newer juices (Voodoo and Southern Classic) were both rather fresh and bloomed in a few days. But they needed a few days.

So a few days to a week is a good start.

Voodoo was yummy from day one, but developed a day later. Southern Classic was a little medicinal the first day, but turned around after 24 hours and continues to balance each new day.

Am I rambling? :) Need to grab some dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread