There has to be an easier way

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Detroit MI
So I'm going through about 3 or so kr8 cartomizers a day. After a refill they never seem to last very long. Maybe a half hour. Refilling is messy and time consuming. Even with the cap method. Not to mention that cartos only seem to last me a few refills before I feel like I'm hardly getting enough of a hit.

If I were to buy all new cartos all the time this would cost me a fortune.
I figured out that three brand new cartos is roughly equal to a pack of cigarettes. Plus the cost of juice.
Since I can refill them that cuts down on cost a little bit. but I'm still probably spending the same amount as I would buying a pack of cigarettes. Maybe a little cheaper.

But the time and mess is even worse then machine rolling tobacco. There has to be an easier and less expensive way.

I bought a 510 atomizer, drip tip and adapter for my kr8 batteries from good prophets. Thinking this might be easier while sitting at a desk. But it leaks and I'm getting no vapor out of it when I puff, only gurgling and juice in my mouth. So it's even worse than using cartos.

Any suggestions?

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
if it's gurgling you're flooding the atty. i've had no issues dripping 3-4 drops with liquid/bottles from TV.

the only time i have leakage issues is when the atty body has come loose from the base. both the attys i'm using now have this problem so i do get some leakage from them. i've been using these attys for awhile and they're almost done anyways.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I only did two or three drops off a Tasty Vapor bottle. It couldn't have been flooded. But even after waiting a day or so it's the same thing.

atty is flooded (inside)...blow it out a little into a tissue....you do not need to completey blow it out hard...just a little. Give it a puff or 2, then add your 3 drops and you should be good ! Leaking could be "over vaping" and getting the atty too hot....that is usually the only time I get a mess...
Drip tip ...juice in mouth...juice not getting down to atty...give it a little "bottle blow" to get it down there....

Last edited:

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Yup, it's flooded. Sometimes atties are weird, and they may act a bit funny while they're breaking in. I had one where, for the first couple days, once in a while I would drip and suddenly it was bone dry. I couldn't figure out where the juice was going! But once it broke in, it became very consistent.

Try blowing it out (threaded end in your mouth, blowing into a tissue, then flip it around, and blow a little through the open end into a tissue too), add another drop or two, and try again.

Once you get dripping down, it really is the easiest and most cost-effective way to vape. If you get the hang of dripping, it should also leak a lot less. But if you don't want to deal with leaks at all, try getting an eGo. The cone will hold in any leaking, and it will actually eventually suck the juice back into the atty.

So, I take off the cone when it's time to charge it, and I only have to wipe up any leaking once a day. But I don't get much leaking anymore.

I don't get any leaking at all with the eGo cone on, and dripping is just so much easier to deal with once you get the pattern down.

It is a LOT more cost effective. I soak my atties in isopropyl alcohol once every few days (set to dry with good airflow overnight), and I have atties that are still kickin' at over 3 months old. I hardly touch my cartos or my carts anymore.

roxics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Detroit MI
Alright guys. I followed your advice and as always you were right. I did flood it, so I blew it out and started again. I don't know why it didn't work for me the first couple of times i tried it. But anyway it's working now and it's pretty nice.

I think my problem was that I wasn't tightening up the adapter enough. I had looked at the adapter and couldn't see any way it could get airflow so I original intentionally kept it loose, which just made it leak and make a mess. But the adapter works as it's supposed to when fully tightened.

ropetrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2010
Athens, GA
Try dipping instead, if you're having trouble with dripping. What I used to do when I had auto batteries was paint juice on the bridge with a dropper -- more or less dipping -- and that avoided flooding and killing the batteries. You have to remove the empty cart or drip tip to do this, but it didn't trouble me.

I have a similar issue with 510 carts (haven't used cartos yet). Once one is used, refilling it is a constant one- or two-drop-at-a-time process. It was like I had to keep it topped off, or I'd start tasting what I assume is toasted fluval. I imagine I'll be back to dipping soon.

mikecup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2010
Peninsula, Ohio
Nothing is perfect out there yet. Someday there will be a device that has an auto feed and the atty will not flood.
I own 2 bottom feeders, with another on the way, you have to give the bottle in the device a squeeze when atty starts to get dry.
So far they are ok, I am sending one of them back to have it repaired already after 5 days of heavy use, I vape on average 15ml a day.
But its still better than the cigs. Yes it can be frustrating,

roxics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Detroit MI
808-510-driptip.jpg

Here is an image of my setup in case anyone is interested. I think it's classy looking. Under normal lighting the two metals/chrome appear more similar in tone. So it looks more even.

floridamale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
Alright guys. I followed your advice and as always you were right. I did flood it, so I blew it out and started again. I don't know why it didn't work for me the first couple of times i tried it. But anyway it's working now and it's pretty nice.

I think my problem was that I wasn't tightening up the adapter enough. I had looked at the adapter and couldn't see any way it could get airflow so I original intentionally kept it loose, which just made it leak and make a mess. But the adapter works as it's supposed to when fully tightened.

Next time just get the 901 atty's you don't need to use an adapter they are a direct fit. It will also shorten up your KR808 without it in place.

Last edited:

roxics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Detroit MI
Next time just get the 901 atty's you don't need to use an adapter they are a direct fit. It will also shorten up your KR808 without it in place.

It was my understanding that the 510 is famous for its smooth and mighty atomizer. How does the 901 atomizer compare?
I don't personally mind a longer e-cig. Plus my girlfriend is now using a 510 kit, so this keeps me compatible with her. I plan to buy an eGo kit myself pretty soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread