Throat hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

asharp22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
USA
So I've been playing with the DIY for a while now, have a lot of supplies, and have been having a great time at it. My flavor levels have been great and I mix VG or PG depending on my mood, and what worked the best with what flavor. My problem is the throat hit. It's too strong. Even some basic recipes like PA green apple at 10% with 50/50 PG/VG and18mg nic is hurting my throat. I make my own and my moms now and she has the same complaint. Anything that anyone can add to eliminate the throat hit would be greatly helpful!!! thank you!!!

Nikhil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Louisville, KY
The experts are pretty on point. If you can't lower your nic mg, then you should try mixing without PG. Distilled water won't really reduce TH, but you can use it to thin the VG. I like a 5:1 ratio but you can do anywhere from 3:1 to 7:1. I haven't tried the green apple but it might contain some alcohol or some ingredient that is causing the TH. Is it more of a burning/dry sensation or is it a real TH?

asharp22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
USA
The experts are pretty on point. If you can't lower your nic mg, then you should try mixing without PG. Distilled water won't really reduce TH, but you can use it to thin the VG. I like a 5:1 ratio but you can do anywhere from 3:1 to 7:1. I haven't tried the green apple but it might contain some alcohol or some ingredient that is causing the TH. Is it more of a burning/dry sensation or is it a real TH?

No, it's like pain in the back of my throat. I've used other suppliers 100% pg and not had an issue. it seems to be when I mix my own it's just painful. Maybe I need more VG to calm it down.... Anyone know where to get VG nicotine?

Do you know of a few places to look for different nic juice? I've been using OneSTOPDIY and they're awesome, great service and all, but maybe I need a different brand. I'm willing to play around. I also want to see if I can find a higher concentration, as I read that someone was able to find 60mg PG, and i cna't find anything higher than 48.

Orion

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Central Florida
No, it's like pain in the back of my throat. I've used other suppliers 100% pg and not had an issue. it seems to be when I mix my own it's just painful. Maybe I need more VG to calm it down.... Anyone know where to get VG nicotine?

Do you know of a few places to look for different nic juice? I've been using OneSTOPDIY and they're awesome, great service and all, but maybe I need a different brand. I'm willing to play around. I also want to see if I can find a higher concentration, as I read that someone was able to find 60mg PG, and i cna't find anything higher than 48.

Levy @ XtremeVaping sells pg based nic, and at higher mg's. I order from him and love his service :), his prices & speedy delivery!

He has a notice on his home page about being about low/out of nic juice but expects to have it in on May 28th I believe.

http://www.xtremevaping.com/index.php

Last edited:

asharp22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
USA
Levy @ XtremeVaping sells pg based nic, and at higher mg's. I order from him and love his service :), his prices & speedy delivery!

He has a notice on his home page about being about low/out of nic juice but expects to have it in on May 28th I believe.

Welcome to XtremeVaping.com

thank you, his prices are awesome! I'll wait to place my order!

and I may dillute with 100%VG and see what happens..... maybe we just used too much PG.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
So I've been playing with the DIY for a while now, have a lot of supplies, and have been having a great time at it. My flavor levels have been great and I mix VG or PG depending on my mood, and what worked the best with what flavor. My problem is the throat hit. It's too strong. Even some basic recipes like PA green apple at 10% with 50/50 PG/VG and18mg nic is hurting my throat. I make my own and my moms now and she has the same complaint. Anything that anyone can add to eliminate the throat hit would be greatly helpful!!! thank you!!!

thank you, his prices are awesome! I'll wait to place my order!

and I may dillute with 100%VG and see what happens..... maybe we just used too much PG.
You might want to try a 901 atty, if you are using a 510. Since what you are using to vape was not mentioned, I am only guessing. The 901 is not as harsh as a 510. If you know someone who uses a 901 try it out, with your liquid. The 510 is prefered by most because it delivers mule kicks. In comparison the 901 would be a puddy cat.

Increasing VG in your mix will also come at a cost of reducing flavour significantly.

asharp22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
USA
You might want to try a 901 atty, if you are using a 510. Since what you are using to vape was not mentioned, I am only guessing. The 901 is not as harsh as a 510. If you know someone who uses a 901 try it out, with your liquid. The 510 is prefered by most because it delivers mule kicks. In comparison the 901 would be a puddy cat.

Increasing VG in your mix will also come at a cost of reducing flavour significantly.

With the 901... I know nothing about it. I'm the only person who looks up anything on ecigs.... Everyone comes to me with questions. So is any paet of a 901 compatable with my 510? I use the Joye 510 manual. Is it just a differnet atty, or a whole different setup?

Orion

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Central Florida
You can get an 510 to 901 adapter for a couple of bucks. Of course you would need a 901 atty. But it would be worth a try.

Adapters are awesome, I love switching off attys with them. I have yet to try the 901...maybe that'll be my next equipment purchase.

@asharp22: I meant to say that xtreme vaping sells PG & VG nicotine :oops:

I have a sticky shift key and it's distracting me so I think i may have backspaced over that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread