Took the plunge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon82895

Sep 12, 2013
Manville, NJ USA
I picked up my first vaping device last weekend at a shop in Philly. My wife and I would take rides out to Pa. for cheaper cigs than New Jersey. At the time it seemed worth the time and gas to go so why not. They had a deal on the eGo-T where you get 2 atomizers, 2 batteries, a USB charger and wall charger with a bunch of tips for like $47. Was the best deal I saw out of the research I had done to that point. They had 3 different types of strength so I got the medium, which, after I tried it kind of grabbed me by the booboo. A little too strong and harsh. Reminded me a little of that awful ragweed we would sometimes get back in the 1970's :2cool:

So after watching a video on how to fill the cartridge I realized I did it wrong as per the instructions. Live and learn right? I found a website that had a ton of flavors of juice at different nicotine levels so I got a cherry and a fruit punch at 6mg each. Expected delivery is tomorrow. $4.99 each plus $2.97 shipping. For $12.97 not so bad. I still have a lot to learn as far as terminology and upgrading, battery strength. As far as cleaning the best video I saw the gentleman used Alcohol. He said water might eventually stiffen the wick and leave unwanted mineral residue unless you use distilled water which takes way longer to dry.

Is vaping device the right term to use? Forgive my squirrely ignorance on terms until I read the forum more.
Thanks. Simon in NJ

PBOB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Austin, TX
Congratulations, you have made a great decision! Welcome to ECF!

It is called many different things, but e-cig or PV (Personal Vaporizer) seem to be the prevailing terms I have seen. You will most likely have a lot of questions, as I did. This is one of the greatest resources available for all things Vape!

Good luck on your vaping journey!!!

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Welcome and congrats for making the switch!!

I use regular water but I suppose it's where you live as what kind of minerals are in the water. I haven't noticed my wicks getting stiff but I don't inspect them that often. Alcohol does a better job at getting the gunk off of the coils. So does dry burning.

ncvapfan

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
Asheville nc
2nd on the alcohol and dry burn. You can spare 1/2 oz of cheap vodka and drink the rest. The ragweed comment took me back ;)
I was suggested 18 when I bought my first juice and OD'd. Went to 6 and wanted a nasty old cig. try 12 its enough to get the cravings satisfied but not too much. Anything you can do to keep from the reg smokes you should. I didn't want to quit when I picked up my first vape kit but now I cant stand the smell of (cig;) smoke. Good Luck!

Saltraker

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2013
Hannibal, Missouri
Don't worry if you haven't got the terminology down pat. As a newbie vaper myself, I was initially overwhelmed by all the terms and such, but I watched a lot of YT videos (thank you GrimmGreen!:toast:) for a couple of weeks and, at least, knew what was going on. What's important is to find a PV that suits your needs, a juice that satisfies, and a nic level you're comfortable with. And then, Vape On! I'm still new at this, but lovin' it. Right now, I'm using Ego Twists, clearos, and a couple of BCC tanks. Currently waiting on an MVP2 to arrive so I can graduate to an APV! Stick with it, Simon.

Simon82895

Sep 12, 2013
Manville, NJ USA
I smoked Newport Red 100's. The non menthol. The juice strength seemed to be 11mg (the medium). That's why I'm waiting on the 6mg. the eGo-T seems like it will be good for now. I would eventually like to lower the dosage altogether. My nephew has been vaping for over a year now and he loves it. He puts his own stuff together and emailed me a link to check out. There is so much to see. The juice I am waiting on did not come today as scheduled :grr: Why is it that all the stuff you WANT in the mail always without fail comes on a Saturday?

And what does dry burning entail? I will research that also.

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
Went to Smokin Joes Tobacco Shop on Nazareth St. in Easton. I always stop at the hot dog place right before the bridge in Phillipsburg. Then up Northhampton a few miles and its a right turn on Nazareth. Was feelin 'bout half past dead. :)

That's not Philly :) I was gonna ask where you went too cuz I live in Philly and only know of two dedicated vape shops: Ecigg and Vaporphoxxe. Haven't been to Vaporphoxxe yet, heard the lady that runs the joint is a total sociopath... but their juice gets good reviews, so I may have to see just how crazy she is one of these days, lol.
Welcome to the wonderful world of vaping brother; I wish you the best of luck.

Simon82895

Sep 12, 2013
Manville, NJ USA
That's not Philly

Sorry about the mix up in Geography. Christopher Columbus I'm not :blush: My wife and I are going to Philly today to see The Airborne Toxic Event. Free show! I will google Vaporphoxxe and see where it is. I do Security at an auto auction here in Somerset County so I deal with sociopaths on a weekly basis :laugh: . We will probably get along lol. If I do go I will post and give a review of the place. As far as Smokin Joes goes, the store was in a nice area in Palmer? I think it is a suburb of Easton. They have about 10 stores in the area there. I was kind of afraid to go to Morrisville. Heard about murders in the parking lot and such so not for me thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread