Trouble Sleeping....Weird Vivid Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFodor

Jan 24, 2011
Missouri
Hello,

This is my 5th E-Cig day...no analogs at all. I can usually go to sleep but cannot stay asleep longer that 4am or 5am. This has been all week. And I have really long dreams that I can completely remember when I wake up. I hope this no sleep thing is only temporary. I am on 12mg nic. I smoked about 10 analogs per day (Lights). I supposed my system is trying to adjust?

Anyone else have this?

S

SFodor

Jan 24, 2011
Missouri
Oh hell....I didnt think of that...I always vape quite a bit right before I go to bed because I always had a "goodnight smoke" before and I cant change that habit yet. Hopefully this will help me sleep a little longer. I dont even get up for work until 8am. And its so nice not to have to get my coat/shoes, etc on and go out in the freezing cold in the morning to smoke. I just have my PV in the bathroom with me while I get ready for work. Its so great!

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Man I am with Rosa on this one. The first few weeks were great. I was having awesome nightmares when I switched from smoking to vaping. Reduced my nic level over the first few weeks and dreams faded. Tried making a sauce I named Nightmare (30mg/ml) for right before bedtime vaping but I have not been able to reproduce the effects of the first few weeks. Oh well.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
I love meeting other nightmare lovers!

Not to bogart the thread, but I had this one where I was in Las Vegas when people started becoming zombies... at the end of the dream I was trapped on a tiny balcony with the undead breaking down the door to my hotel room and watching hundreds and hundreds of zombie brides running amok in the streets below me. It was awesome!

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
Man I am with Rosa on this one. The first few weeks were great. I was having awesome nightmares when I switched from smoking to vaping. Reduced my nic level over the first few weeks and dreams faded. Tried making a sauce I named Nightmare (30mg/ml) for right before bedtime vaping but I have not been able to reproduce the effects of the first few weeks. Oh well.

I'm not the only one wishing they would come back...such a relief! I was having the time of my life in those dreams! I still dream, but they don't compare to those first few weeks! Darn it!

drh713

Jan 8, 2011
Wow @ this post. I've noticed I've been dreaming more often. Never thought it was related to vaping or smoking.

So see,its the nic before bedtime.Lower it a bit and the nightmares and lack of sleep will end.

...while I don't have what I would consider nightmares, I've been having some goofy dreams. I've been vaping 0mg and 4mg for the last week and a half. If its related, I tend to think its something to do with the lack of "smoking" and not the nic.

WolfAtTheDoor

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
texas
Yeah, I'm another one who had very vivid dreams when I starting vaping heavily, but like others have said, it went away after a few weeks. I also have to admit that I was a little disappointed when the dreams stopped, because I was enjoying looking forward to what I might dream the next time I went to sleep. I do still dream, but they aren't as memorable as they were those first couple weeks.

texasgranny

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2010
Texas
Yes...I too had wild and vivid dreams at first.....me and Brad Pit walking the beaches on
a deserted island....
and yes like the others said...the vivid dreams will fade.
I have been trying to duplicate them again, but just can't get it right, like they were at first.

Now days, its me and Bill O'Reilly from Fox News....and this just AINT RIGHT!

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Yes...I too had wild and vivid dreams at first.....me and Brad Pit walking the beaches on
a deserted island....
and yes like the others said...the vivid dreams will fade.
I have been trying to duplicate them again, but just can't get it right, like they were at first.

Now days, its me and Bill O'Reilly from Fox News....and this just AINT RIGHT!

TG I think you toned down the details for us! If Bill is doing what I think Brad did you are right that is just wrong! Man if I could make a sauce that made all us guys have dreams of all the women in the Wiskey Avi's (where we have deep and meaningful conversations with them, yeah right!!!) I could make a fortune

MoonRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA
Ummm ... I'm almost positive that the dreams can be attributed to not smoking analogs. Brain connections coming back to life after no longer being poisoned by the chemicals produced in the body from smoke inhalation. Once everything stabalizes in the brain, the dreams usually will slack off in intensity.

Throat hit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
south warwickshire UK
Evey time I quit smokey smoking I would go about three days and then be very awake for three more with little sleep and have many many small and disturbing dreams. I quit a lot of times and every time was the same for me. Then when I got on the PV had trouble sleeping. One night I just got up as I was so awake and was up for 36 hours without sleep. I had some nice but wierd dreams for about a week and am now back to normal. You can get a drug for jet lag wich helps but I have not tried it and the name escapes me now.

Last edited:

JohnKing

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
FL
Ummm ... I'm almost positive that the dreams can be attributed to not smoking analogs. Brain connections coming back to life after no longer being poisoned by the chemicals produced in the body from smoke inhalation. Once everything stabalizes in the brain, the dreams usually will slack off in intensity.

also increased oxygen levels.

jtpjc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Netherlands
I simply love the dreams I'm having lately. They are like the movie Existenz. I´m in a game, and I can actually talk to the game characters, even about things that are out of context, and they always answer coherently. And everything I touch feels real. The bad thing is, I can´t take anything with me. For example, I find a book that keeps changing the lines. I reread a part, and it´s totally different. I try to take it with me to the waking realm, but it just goes poof and I can´t remember a thing that was in there. Too bad. And the thing is, these dreams are recurring. So the next night, exactly the same thing. Sometimes it´s boring, like when I have to crawl through the same cave again and do the exact same things again to get to the exit. Other times, the dream is more open ended: where I turned left last night, now I´ll turn right. I really like these dreams. I hope they will last. Although sometimes they are very tiring. I have to do lots of walking and lots of thinking while being asleep.

Last edited:

mamacat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2009
WS, NC, USA
I remember this happening to me in the beginning, too and then fading away after short period of time. Then, I went through some pretty stressful things back in August and I started using more juice per day. Normally, I only use 1ml of 38mg a day. Not a steady vaper at all, but when I need nicotine I grab my PV. lol Anyway, during the stressful time I went up to 2mls a day. After most of the stress was relieved, I went back to using 1ml. When that happened, I popped right back into the crazy dreams for a few days. Was pretty cool to go there again after so long. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread