Unflavoured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
I have been reading lately how long some of your coils are lasting, a week seems the average. Right now while I am vacationing in Mexico my coil is almost at 5 weeks, most likely when I return home I will change it. What I am asking is this normal, I understand because I don’t vape flavoured the coil should last longer, but 5x, am I doing something wrong. I also change my cotton at about 2 weeks.

Need advise, how does one know it’s time to change the cotton and or the coil if vaping unflavoured juice. NEED ADVISE AND DIRECTION

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
When it doesn't taste right anymore.....

My wife uses drop in coils. Her's can last for 2 months for the most part, but she does do flavor. A lot of flavor.

I do rebuildables. I almost always have to dry burn and rewick them twice a week. I don't use heavy flavors in my DIY, but I do use flavor..

Even unflavored has a flavor. When it's off, it's off!

Reactions: Danrogers

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
Thanks, i’ve been busy of late, newly retired in the last yr, health issues and a new house we had built and to be frank I don’t have the experience others have, but I never really left.

But you and others have always been there for me when I needed help or advise.

My next step is getting into a regulated mod so expect some questions. The Pulse 80w or X will host my 4th Origen 16. Although I would prefer a regulated REO.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Whenever I feel like changing.. never been a time where I had to change it out. Hehe

Usually many months. 30 gauge fused Clapton coil with either 30 gauge or 36-40 depending on the size of the posts.

Flavorless of course and prob swap the kogendo wick once or twice a week with dry burning.

Edit.. I use little origin 16 on both reos.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Hi there! I build my stainless steel coils somewhere around .5-.7 and generally get a few month out of them at least. I do gently dry burn and rinse when I change my rayon wicks every couple of weeks for heavy flavored e liquid and less often for lighter/clearer mint flavors. Taste is important to me.
Am wondering if the build plays a part in need to change out coil more frequently??

Reactions: TraderX

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I change it when I experience a flavor change or the wick just looks nasty. I don’t vape unflavored though so for me it usually means every couple of days.
IMHO As long as it tastes fine, you haven’t burned through the wick, and there isn’t a lot of buildup on the coil I personally would simply keep vaping it. Depending on the metal you are using for your coil it may or may not be possible to dry burn your coil. Without dry burning a coil generally won’t last much longer than a single wick though.
TC can reduce the rate at which buildup occurs.

Reactions: Papa_Lazarou

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Need advise, how does one know it’s time to change the cotton and or the coil if vaping unflavoured juice. NEED ADVISE AND DIRECTION

You change the Coil/Cotton using Unflavored just like you did when you use Flavored e-Liquids. When it starts to Taste Bad.

Time is really Not a good gauge of How Long a Coil/Cotton lasts.

Because a person who Vapes 2ml a Day at 9 watts might change the Coil/Cotton ever Month. But the Person doing 30ml a Day at 80+ watts may need to change the Coil/Cotton every other day.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Yeah, it's kinda like asking how much a person should eat. It depends on a number of variables, and all we know for sure is that a person has to eat.

As above, I'd say rewick when it gets goopy or the flow is restricted or the flavour is off, dry burn (if you can) when you rewick, rebuild when the coil is "off" (not delivering the vapour and/or flavour you got before after rewicking/dry burning). Vaping unflavoured will extend the life of both the wicks and the coil, and even with DIY flavoured juice, I can often get months off of certain juices using certain builds.

Not sure there are any health related factors to this, if that's a concern.

Good to hear from you again. You make the move to Courtney?

• Agree
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
I change my wicks when the coils gunk up. To myself I’m like I know this still tastes good but I don’t like how that coil looks. I pull the wick and it’s still good no burns and rinses clean. I just had a build/wick in my cyclone last almost 4 weeks before I decided I should change it and not because it tasted bad. Just because it was eerily strange it lasted so long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread