Unwelcoming Brick & Mortar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Marietta, GA, USA
Cool. Glad it wasn't Dixie's. I went in there one time and will never return. Can't comment on my experience because there was no experience. Hardly any interaction. Just a couple of stoners sitting around. I've only been to VapeRite once and the experience was good. Dixie's is my go-to. They were the first place I went and Dave and his wife are great.I really do feel a sense of loyalty to them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

My go to as well, I've taken my wife there twice now and they've helped her find a set up that works for her. Bought her 2 Vision spinners and a couple of evods, and my wife bought me a JD Tech Black Stingray there as well.

They are great people and have very fair prices for a B & M, actually in line with a lot of online stores.

CaptainSpaulding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
Sacramento
Stuff like this is what Yelp is good for. I went into a local B&M and was ignored by the employee. I started asking questions and she acted like I was inconveniencing her.

I left the store and immediately reviewed the business on Yelp with a bad review saying I would not be coming back. Within one hour I had an email from the owner of the store providing his contact info, apologizing profusely, and offering me a $50 gift certificate if I would give them another chance.

I claimed my $50 gift cert and edited my review to show that even though the employee didn't care, the owner obviously cares and I will continue to shop here again because of that.

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
My go to as well, I've taken my wife there twice now and they've helped her find a set up that works for her. Bought her 2 Vision spinners and a couple of evods, and my wife bought me a JD Tech Black Stingray there as well.

They are great people and have very fair prices for a B & M, actually in line with a lot of online stores.

I guess the ATL metro is overall lucky. I've been to a lot of stores around town and never THAT bad of an experience. A few were just so so and one I just didn't like at all. Even that one I didn't like (edit since the forum censored a shop name????) wasn't as bad as many I've heard people rant about on ECF. I also haven't seen major price gouging in actual vape shops (head shops and tobacco shops are a different story).

I hear so much good about Dixie I think I'll stop in if I ever make my way to that area again.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I think the answer here is obvious.

The owner of the store is either too stupid or too lazy to make sure his employees are working for the store.
In other words, it's not really the employee's fault that he sucks as an employee.

If I owned that store, I would not just fire him, I would exterminate his next of kin.
Okay, not really, but maybe.

But then again, it's my fault for hiring him in the first place.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Sometimes I wonder if people get smoke shops confused with B&M's.

Most (not all) smoke shops have some ad-hoc vape gear. A smoke shop with low-end (or even high-end, I've seen VTRs in smoke shops) gear is not a true vaping B&M. Please do not equate a smoke shop selling vape supplies with a true electronic cigarette vape & mortar store. Vape gear, whether it's knock-off or not, is truly a dime a dozen everywhere you turn. The true vaping-only B&M's will endure the test of time (as this has been said numerous times on this thread).

Last edited:

TheAmazingDave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
San Jose, California, United States
Sometimes I wonder if people get smoke shops confused with B&M's.

Most (not all) smoke shops have some ad-hoc vape gear. A smoke shop with low-end (or even high-end, I've seen VTRs in smoke shops) gear is not a true vaping B&M. Please do not equate a smoke shop selling vape supplies with a true electronic cigarette vape & mortar store. Vape gear, whether it's knock-off or not, is truly a dime a dozen everywhere you turn. The true vaping-only B&M's will endure the test of time (as this has been said numerous times on this thread).

There's a headshop down the street dabbling in vape gear, but their prices are stupid-inflated.

We're talking $80 for an MVP, $400+ for ProVaris. Ridiculous.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
If I owned that store, I would not just fire him,

If you owned this B&M you wouldn't know anything about it because the OP didn't tell you. :D And color me silly but I would hope where some of you guys work you might be given a second chance for making a mistake like this. (Assuming you were committed to never repeat it).

But then again, it's my fault for hiring him in the first place.
Sometimes people screw up all on their own. How in the heck can you see *all* inherent flaws in somebody when you hire them? A lot of folks simply pass all the screenings and interviews but sometimes fail miserably given the job at hand. Occasionally, they just have a crappy day.

Wow. Tough crowd here. :D

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
I complain about the selection at the closest thing my town has to a vape shop. They sell analogs, tobacco, incense, glass (you know what I mean), hookahs and everything else under the sun but don't have much of a vape selection. HOWEVER, the guy I talked to the night I walked in and said "Tell me about e-cigs" was the antithesis of what the OP described. Granted, thanks to ECF and the internet I have not stepped foot back into that store. But If he worked at a REAL vape shop, I would hang out there all the time.

I think next week I will go by and thank him for not being an jerk.
I agree. Also, btw, I love your quote there about going from using e-cigs initially and moving on to analogues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread