V2 Pro Series 3, and a wee bit on a Zig Zag tank system

Status
Not open for further replies.
In advance, I am quite the noob and this is my first 'serious' tank set up. I had tried with just e-cigs from V2 and knew it wasn't going to work for me. On analogs, I was at 2 packs a day, so I just blew through e-cig batteries and cartridges. So I sent the kit back, and checked out this device.
Being new, I liked how simple it seemed it would be. I'm not ready to make the jump to mods yet.
*When I ordered, it took a month plus to ship! It was super backordered which was a huge bummer as they neglected to tell me that while I made my return and ordered this on the phone.*

I went to buy analogs in the mean time, and found a Zig Zag tank system at the store for $20. As V2 is partners with Zig Zag I thought hey, why not? I am currently using the Zig Zag when my Pro 3 charges. I like the Zig Zag, and you can't beat that price point.
Downsides are it's a tight draw and so far I can't find replacement tanks. Just talked to V2 who were totally ignorant of the set up, and gave me the Zig Zag customer service number which I will call Monday. I'll make an update review if I find they are selling tanks alone and not just the entire set up! Overall, it's a dependable 6 hours for me, is manual, and easily fits in pocket or purse. No issues with leakage. If you are in a pinch, want something inexpensive, or are really new, I suggest trying it! As I said, I like it as my back up! Sorry, should have taken pix! But really this is about the Pro 3.

FINALLY got the Pro 3 about 6 days ago and I'm very pleased with it!
It's very sleek and handy at just 5.63" length including the mouthpiece and has a large 1.6ml tank. Super lightweight at 1.91 oz with an empty tank.
As I'm new what can I tell you about the battery except what they say about it on the site? Output is 3.2-4.2 V and battery capacity is 650 mAH.
I have no clue if that's good or bad, but thought I'd throw the info in!

I have been vaping it and am down from 40 analogs to 3-5 a day in less than a week!
Those 3-5 are the typical 'first cup of coffee' 'after a meal' type of analog cravings. But I really was happily surprised I have cut down to nearly nothing really in only 6 days! Working on making that nothing at all as soon as I can!
I like the passthrough charge ability of this Pro 3, though I haven't used it this week as much as I would like, I don't have a lighter outlet or way to charge anything in my car dash, which has always been lame. I've been busy with a lot of driving time since I got this so I can say depending on the usage, I get 5-7 hours off a full charge. I feel I am likely a heavy user, so I am pleased with that time on the charge.
Also recharge to full in about an hour and a half.
Of course when I am home if I like I can still vape it while charging using passthrough. At this point the charging cord is still really tight and not super easy to use for passthrough, but as I will be stuck in front of the computer most of next week I will be using the passthrough and hope to get that cord unkinked!

I find it very easy to draw, though when I ordered I wasn't so sure about the mouthpiece. Turns out I am finding it comfortable and as I said, easy to draw. Getting great throat hits. It's incredibly easy to fill, and I haven't had any substantial issues with leaking. A few times it has leaked when I am vaping, but nothing crazy. I'm still waiting on the 2 refill tanks I ordered (really with these backorders?) but I have filled it about 15 times and not seen any weirdness in the wick or had any bad taste. I am careful not to let my tanks vape to being dry-
Will be visiting the V2 forum to see the best way to clean these, again I am a noob!! The battery sensor part has me concerned about cleaning these, but I am going to look into it tomorrow.

Have been using some of V2's menthol e-juice, and had ordered 5 10ml juices from Mister-e-liquid. A few may be good once they have had some more steep time, I'm unsure. Analogs I have been menthol all my life and maybe I just don't love the fruity flavors I ordered. I did add menthol to the bubblegum I ordered and that was a hit for me, and I am really enjoying their Lemon Ice (Ice are all menthol plus flavors).
So far the Lemon Ice has outdone the pure menthol as my ADV. Thinking of mixing menthol with the fruit flavors I got to see if I get that "Ice" effect I seem to really enjoy.

I'm attaching the video of this tank from V2's website instead of taking pix. I don't work for V2, I'm not a shill, I just thought the video would be better than the pix I would take. It's a thorough video!!! ;-)
I got this model in black. So far no scuffs or scratches. But, I'm super careful with anything I own that cost me some bucks, so I can't speak to just throwing it in my purse or whatever, as I don't. Currently keeping it in a velvet bag that jewelery once lived in and looking for something more substantial to keep it in.

So 6 days in, I am really pleased with the Pro 3. No major complaints, only a MAJOR reduction in analogs!! I've been told to start saving for a mod, as I'll be wanting one. At this point I'm completely happy with this set up and don't see a move towards mods soon.
But, I am into new and cool things so I won't say never!! Let me start saving up that no-more-analogs ca$h and we'll see what happens!! :laugh:

V2 Pro Product Line Overview on Vimeo

Winters

Nov 26, 2014
Brazil
Very nice review! I had a similar experience.

By the way I'll add the info below, which I already included in the new users forum, since it seems that that forum do not show up on searches. I hope you find it useful.

New cartridges took to long to arrive on international snail-mail, so I tried this, and it works!!!

The catch is the tool you have to make by cutting the top of a treading needle, as you will see.

f652d098c06be046991db743c2a11be7.jpg

You will want to have between 7 and 6 loops on the coil for an original+ or overhauled vaping experience. I'm using 30 gauge khantal wire, but it may work better with 28 and 6 loops, which I will try shortly.

Even without replacing the wick and coil, you may extend the cartridge life by simply pulling the wick slightly sideways, just enough to get the burnt area out. You will need really thin tweezers for that.

Now my cartridges last forever!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread