Status
Not open for further replies.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
I`v got 2 or 3 Kanger type heads on mechs at any given time, the sweet spot is about 1.5 to 1.8 depending on the quality of the coil and wicking.

That being said, when running these things on a mech you really to have need complete control of the quality of the coil, so if you are`nt interested in rebuilding you would be much better off (IMHO), with a regulated and variable battery. The quality of the factory heads can differ wildly and a variable output would give you some wiggle room to deal with coils that are out of spec. Sometimes way out of spec.

I had a V5 before I got into the mechs, and while it was pretty good and the Miss`s still use`s it and loves it, I would not replace it with another V5, I would go straight to the eleaf istick.

:?)

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
I'm glad you made your choice and a Vamo is good. I have one that I used heavily for about 2 months plus 2 extra for backup. I loaned one to my brother while he was waiting on his from FT. That one lasted less than a month but it was already a couple of months old but still under warranty so FT made it good. I ordered some M16s with several kicks from FT as spares and now basically only use them. I have been using the same M16 for a year now with no problems. I like it because it does the same thing as the Vamo but is shorter (both use 18350 batteries). It just seems to fit my hand perfectly. My kick shuts down when the imr battery reaches minimum safe discharge just like the Vamo, so no need for monitoring voltage. Even if the device failed to work to shut down the power, I think any person would change the battery prior to a safety problem due to poor performance. Heck I usually switch batteries at about 3.4 volts anyway so I can get the added throat hit.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hope you see the v6 befor you buy the v5

^^^^^^

Yes I hope so:
$42.42 Authentic ISK VAMO V6 Variable Voltage / Wattage Mod - 1*18350/1*18650/2*18350 / 3.0-6.0V / 3-20W at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

That's the V6 with vv and vw.
there's 3 other v6's there which are vw only

Authentic ISK VAMO V6 Variable Voltage / Wattage Mod1*18350/1*18650/2*18350 / 3.0-6.0V / 3-20W

$42.42

Details:

•0.75" LCD display screen showing volts, watts, puffs, atomizer resistance and battery power
•Variable voltage - can be adjustable from 3.0V to 6.0V (in 0.1W increments)
•Variable wattage - can be adjustable from 3.0W to 20.0W (in 0.5W increments)
•Reverse battery protection, over current protection
•Time limit protection function (10 seconds)
•Autical warning of overvoltage and low-voltage
•Bottom vent hole
•Chromed brass contact
•Laser engravings logo
•510/eGo threading connector
•Removable beauty ring
•Compatible with 510 and eGo threaded atomizers with resistance 1.5-5.0ohm
•Can be powered by 1*18650/1*18500/2*18350 battery (batteries sold separately)
•It can work as a power bank after a 510 to USB adapter is introduced

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
My son gave me his vamo (clone) a few months back and I liked it my only issue was size and weight. It ran my mini great at 12w, battery life was ok for a 1600mah battery. I bought a purple efest 2500mah 2 days later and could go a little longer between charges. Since then I got an IPV2 and a couple of isticks, one for the wife. I looked at mechs alot and at the end of the day they didn't fit my needs. I don't cloud chase or ever will. We started to quit analogs, so far so good. I've been flavor chasing so the IPV made more sense for me. I like having the control and adjustability. I don't think I will ever use the IPV to it's full potential either but it's there if I need it. The little isticks run our minis flawlessly I get 3 days out of a charge at 10w the wife 4.5 at 7w. they are small light and easy to use. My wife told me to sell her MVP2 she loves her istick and won't go back. I was also informed that if something went wrong with hers she'd hijack mine from me and I could use what she calls that over priced battery box I had to have more often lol.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN

samturdo

Verified Member
Aug 28, 2014
keyes, ca, usa
$40.00 is cheaper than a vamo + batteries that won't blow your face off + a charger that won't ruin your batteries or burn your house down + shipping from China over the slow boat.

But what do I know.

Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 - 101 Vape

Good chance you'll get it faster than anything you order from slow tech too...

im going to get it from ebay, it ships from not too far from where i live. and i will be safe with the batteries, dont worry.

samturdo

Verified Member
Aug 28, 2014
keyes, ca, usa
ok so i seem to change my mind a lot as i learn new stuff. i have a nemesis clone and vw kick module in my ebay shopping cart for when my twist needs to retire. got to try a mech mod at the vape shop yesterday and was very impressed, just need the kick module because the first hit tasted a little burned. will pair that with my aerotank and should be set

samturdo

Verified Member
Aug 28, 2014
keyes, ca, usa
Kick doesn't prevent burnt hits. Juice does. Kick sets wattage and i think provides low voltage cut off.

What atty was on the mech at the shop? An aero tank by chance? Because the mech likely isn't going to change anything on a clearo.

im thinking if i can get a vv kick its a little more expensive than the vw but wouldnt it do the same thing as the "twist" function on the ego twist that im using? such as preventing burnt hits i would get with the twist at above 4.2v by setting it to around 3.6-4v like i normally use?

and wouldnt vw do pretty much the same thing?

sorry im new to this stuff

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Yes.
Yes.
And yes.

VV and VW do the same thing your twist does. They control the voltage to control the vape.

VW takes it a step further and adjust voltage according to resistance. So if you bought the wrong resistance heads for your aero you wouldn't have to double check what head your installing and adjust voltage accordingly like you would with VV.

Mech + kick is a good combo and a mech should last quite some time since there's little that can fail. But i personally would suggest starting with a true variable device. I think the convenience of adjusting as necessary on the fly while exploring in the early stages is a great benefit to have until you settle into your chosen zone(s).

ADDIT: Plus you're looking at...
Mech
Kick
Battery
Battery
Charger

Minimum

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread