Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I just pulled the trigger on the Itaste & then went to check my Orders ...... OH DEAR DEAR ME!!!! .... Better not let the Mrs see I just Blew $245 or £156 GBP on mods.......................................

Someone ............ANYONE PLEASE take the fastech link out of my Browser bar !!! ......

It just NOT SAFE there it REALLY isn't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you got back ups for your back ups there.

Jfaria1891

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
The Huge State Of Rhode Island
I do have a Zmax Telescope and I'm not happy. Misfiring, heavy, no contact with T3. I use it with 510 threads or rebuildables.

I want a spare, and at that price I can buy it. My Zmax Telescopic doesn't make contact with clearos, so whenever I want to vape on a T3 I have to do it with the evic. I love the eVic, specially to go out, it's so light!

i believe you are talking about the smoktech zmax telescoping
where i am talking about the sigelei zmax v3
common mix up as they both have the same name for some odd reason.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
i believe you are talking about the smoktech zmax telescoping
where i am talking about the sigelei zmax v3
common mix up as they both have the same name for some odd reason.

Nono, Sigelei Zmax Telescope flat top 2013-04-21 15.05.46.jpg

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I went for a Vamo 3 from fasttech.com on June 12/13. Also purchased batteries and a charger and an ego lanyard. Two separate orders, everything but the Vamo 3 shipped two days later (still in Hong Kong via their tracking). Sent a help ticket and was told the shipment they had wasn't right and waiting for new stock (as of June 18). So if it doesn't show being shipped in the next two days I will be bummed.

Love the prices and free shipping....wait not so much lol.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Well mine is in the mail so I guess I'll find out for myself soon enough lol

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Mine was ordered late march so I assume it's because it was the first batch. eVods work great, and thread in and out without issue. But T3 don't make contact and get stuck, I always unscrew the tank and not the base. Maybe it's just a lemon.

RottenJeeves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
St Paul, Minnesota
To me they are about the same, each have features I like and dislike. The one issue with the Vamo is not having ego threading so you have to use an adapter.

That right there is a game changer for me...I do not like adapters and they actually have a history of messing up the center pin in certain Vamos.

The vamo does have ego threading.

The vamo does have ego threading.

The VAMO V2 has eGo threading, but the collar at the base of the tank doesn't come off. If you screw an eVod or a T3/MT3 or T3s/MT3s on there, the base is completely covered, so when you unscrew it the tank comes off the base and the base stays on the VAMO. Time to get a pliers and hope you don't chew the carp out of the stem trying to get it out. I use a 510/eGo adapter on SS V2, which offers about 3/8" more height so the base is exposed. The VAMO V3 has a removable collar, so that's not a problem, as does the SVD, which I also have.
Between the SVD and the VAMO V2, it's a toss-up. The V2 has been a really dependable device for me, and it allows you to run RMS or AVG.
The SVD, however, has the removable collar, looks completely bada$$, and also allows you to lock your voltage/wattage setting so it doesn't change when it gets bumped, but there's something goofy with the center pin in the 510 connector that it doesn't run my ProTank consistently. My MT3's work perfectly, though.

Hope it helps...
MattyBoy

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina

mssam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Illinois
Bought the SVD and it shipped today. I'll give it a try with some 18500 from Stormy's later this month. I'm going through 2 18350 on the eVic on a short journey out! Thanks everyone!

Maybe next month I'll get me a Vamo... At those prices it'll be the backup of the backup...

I would choose the svd too. I like the option the svd has to use the 18500 batteries, that you selected as well. Those 18500 should get you thru the day, where as you would probably have to carry or have nearby another battery if you used the 18350. Plus, I think the svd has a cleaner design than the vamo v3. Nice choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread