VaperShark published test results on All Ejuice They Sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
This topic has been done to death over the years and I rarely ever comment. One thing that I always wonder is if some of the folks overly (IMO) concerned about what they are inhaling in ppm with their eliquids ever truly knew of the toxins in most food that they are eating and the "clean" air that they are breathing, I wonder what they would do then? :2c:

This is a frequently heard argument. But does one wrong justify another? And, the ultimate consequence would be: "don't worry, be happy" (with what they choose to give you). Not everybody is happy with that if there seem to be alternatives.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
alien Traveler" data-source="post: 15983257" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
alien Traveler said:
Elementary. It is called calorie count and exercise.
Elementary, yes.

But your description fails to point out why fattening, poisonous garbage was able to turn fat boys life around.

Jared was reportedly on a deadly, yet FDA approved Much Worse diet prior to eating subway subs nearly exclusively.

As far as reports I've seen the magic recipe was to eat subs, skip Fattening condiments such as mayo and simply walk.

Tapatyped

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
You would have to ask him.

I have no response other than to suggest you go to the source(s) and ask questions that you believe will assauge your suspicions.

Not every ecig consumer has the balz to ask the questions russ did, as a consumer, on that soundcloud clip. I would love to see you put your question put to Dr. F.................publically and formally, if you are indeed suggesting some kind of collusion?

(Quite frankly, I think Dr. F. has enough smarts to prevent him from unknowingly being used as a "tool" for some ecig business.)

Or maybe i am missing some subtle undercurrent, like in your repeated use of "the good doctor" phrase. I don't do well with indirect inuendo. So let me know if I have misunderstood that you are....suspicious of something here.

All I see, quite frankly, are vape-friendly doctors, chemists, researchers, and eliquid makers who are *on the same page* with regard to their customers having zero exposure to contaminants. Who believe that is a worthy goal.

I guess I also don't get why having a marketing plan, if you are marketing a product, to consumers that goes into their bodies, and also want to stay in for the long term, is seen as something *conspiratorial* by you. I would be worrying about companies who have "no plan".

(The same company who was putting Titanium Dioxide :shock: into their ejuice a year ago, when a simple read of the MDS would have prevented that, is now showing red AP/DA levels in the Enthalay Labs testing. I prefer to deal with people who kinda know what they're doing myself. A marketing plan, mission statement, goal and knowledgeable people go a long way for me personally.)
i am not suggesting collusion on the doctors part.
i respect him more than that.
i do find the timing a bit convenient.
no doubt a lot of people will find vapersharks
info helpful.
it is however a marketing campaign and as
such should be in the vendors forum as the
issue of the ingredients has been discussed
many times before.
mike

Reactions: KattMamma

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Elementary, yes.

But your description fails to point out why fattening, poisonous garbage was able to turn fat boys life around.

Jared was reportedly on a deadly, yet FDA approved Much Worse diet prior to eating subway subs nearly exclusively.

As far as reports I've seen the magic recipe was to eat subs, skip Fattening condiments such as mayo and simply walk.

Tapatyped
I am afraid I do not understand what your point is.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
This is a frequently heard argument. But does one wrong justify another? And, the ultimate consequence would be: "don't worry, be happy" (with what they choose to give you). Not everybody is happy with that if there seem to be alternatives.
But most are.

The health benefits they could have by making better diet choices far supercede any benefits they can gain through vaping something void of diacetyl.

But when at the grocery store, I never have seen another person besides myself check out with an entire cart of fruits, veggies, nuts, legumes, herbs and meats.

I see box of this, bag of that, breaded and flash frozen, processed out the wazoo.

So they poison themselves to survive then vilify the industry of their addiction/pass time/hobby for not making better choices for them.

Or for not informing them as well as their purposely ambiguous food packaging does. When in fact, that information is likely available for a lot of what they're inhaling if they decided to get involved and work for it.

We're working with flavoring regulated for the food industry....

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
You see, stomach is designed to cope with toxins in food, lungs are designed to cope with impurities in air. But lungs are not designed to inhale food additives. That's the problem.

A bit simple and uninsightful don't ya think?

Please do explain when the human stomach (digestive system) developed for any of the garbage and additives we constantly inundate it with.

I am afraid I do not understand what your point is.

That's unfortunate.

Maybe we should vilify the FDA and the food industry a bit more, don't ya think? Especially the large manufacturing companies...

Or no.

We can eat like pigs and blame it on the vape...

Tapatyped

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
But most are.

The health benefits they could have by making better diet choices far supercede any benefits they can gain through vaping something void of diacetyl.

Tapatyped

This is an opinion, not a fact, isn't it? But anyway, again: one wrong does not justify the other.

We're working with flavoring regulated for the food industry....

Sure, for the food industry. But eating involves a different route of incorporating substances into your body?

For me, all this is about being able to make informed choices. I did not have such choices with smoking, because to give up one of the substances would have meant to give up smoking so I never considered this. But to give up substance X in flavors does not mean to give up vaping.

Last edited:

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
That's unfortunate.

Maybe we should vilify the FDA and the food industry a bit more, don't ya think? Especially the large manufacturing companies...

Or no.

We can eat like pigs and blame it on the vape...

Tapatyped
Sorry. I am lost completely. I do understand you are angry on FDA, on food industry, on people eating like pigs and blaming it on their vape, but nothing more.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Since this is a hot button topic, I already know that things could get a bit heated in here.

Please, do us all a big favor and keep it civil? Thanks :)

As I was reading the same article, there was an addition which took me to another link: The Vaporshark Lab Testing Saga Continues - A Roundup Of The Latest News | The Grumpy Vaper

In that one, the company being called out said they had their liquids tested by a third party and those numbers didn't come close to what the testing laboratory(VaporShark's) said. Their third party testing was after they had gotten the paperwork from the flavoring company.

They are going to send out to yet another site and have their liquids tested again.

Maybe, before we start a lynch mob, we might want to hold off until those results are in.
Hmm? :)

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Sorry. I am lost completely. I do understand you are angry on FDA, on food industry, on people eating like pigs and blaming it on their vape, but nothing more.

So you still don't get it.

I'm not angry. Disappointed? Constantly...

If you think our stomachs were designed for these approved for consumption additives, you most certainly are lost.

There's nothing wrong with having the info to make a choice. My choice was to vape what tastes good to me and eat right.

I'm healthier now thanks to both decisions.

You make your choice.

Tapatyped

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
So you still don't get it.

I'm not angry. Disappointed? Constantly...

If you think our stomachs were designed for these approved for consumption additives, you most certainly are lost.
I think our stomachs can cope with these additives much better than our lungs.

There's nothing wrong with having the info to make a choice. My choice was to vape what tastes good to me and eat right.

I'm healthier now thanks to both decisions.

You make your choice.

Tapatyped
Not surprisingly my choice is exactly the same.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I think our stomachs can cope with these additives much better than our lungs.

Not surprisingly my choice is exactly the same.
Good choice.

How bout we talk in terms of respiratory system vs digestive system then throw in concentration for a bag of popcorn that'll be consumed in a few minutes vs a bottle of juice that's a small percentage of the volume and takes several days to inhale yet still.

Then we'll both concede we don't have a clue what it really does to us in either scenario regardless what compound we single out.

Then we can start on a level playing field and stop panicking maybe.

Tapatyped

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Enthalpy has a questionable track record and is a bit pricey for what they provide.

When GC-MS can be had for $20 per sample: Millis Scientific - Science Exchange
There is no reason the full content of eliquids should not be published by the maker.
If that was $20 for one sample, I'd send in my beloved Halo Tribeca.
That's the only liquid I couldn't live without.
:)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
If that was $20 for one sample, I'd send in my beloved Halo Tribeca.
That's the only liquid I couldn't live without.
:)
Actually, that price is based on a batch of 100 samples.

Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry
$20.00 USD per Sample
Our main workhorse for GC-MS based services is a state of the art system comprising a Waters Quattro GC triple quadrupole mass spectrometer interfaced to a Thermo TraceGC gas chromatograph.

Typical applications include:
-Volatile and semi-volatile compound identification using NIST mass spectral library
-Quantification of volatile and semi-volatile compound in complex matrices.

Millis Scientific's analytical scientists are highly experienced and knowledgeable in the application of GC-MS analyses to a wide variety of industries ranging from Food & Beverage to Pharmaceuticals and much more. Experience, fast turnaround, clear concise written reports, and person to person service are provided to help customers resolve their analytical and technical challenges.
The pricing is typical for large (>100 samples) batches.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Who wants to organize a group buy for lab testing?
This could be the first co-op I ever participated in!
:banana:

Heck I'd send in my Tasty Vapor Waffles and Lemon Poundcake flavors too.
And maybe even my Five Pawns Grandmaster and Queenside.

Last edited:
Reactions: beckdg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread