Vaping in Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stab74

Jan 9, 2010
Camp Liberty, Iraq
I posted something similar in the newbie area but here is. Anyway got my Puresmoker Ace startup kit last night. Recieved an email last Monday saying it shipped and 6 days later I received it. Pretty fast shipping to Camp Liberty (Baghdad), Iraq.

Anyway I love it! Haven't smoked a regular cig since. Does a great job simulating the feel of a normal smoke. Good throat hit with the menthol ice flavor. Some friends actually called it "harsh" but they took WAY too big a draw first time, as did I. So far the battery and cartomizer have lasted 1 and half days of use. My carto is the 36mg one so I think I'm hitting it less then I would a normal cig. Pretty cool. I found myself throwing away normal cigs maybe half way through anyway cause I didn't really want anymore. Now I just vape how much I want.

So I'm converted. Been spreading the news to other soldiers. Some of the responses I'm getting from people are disappointing. "I think I read somwhere those are worse then normal cigarettes". Arghh! So I'm taking it opon myself to educate those around me. On the other hand I got guys that seem interested in getting one for themselves.

Looking forward to trying the other flavors. Just waiting to use this one up first. My lungs already feel better. I didn't wake up feeling like an ashtray today. Sweet.

Thanks again for the quick delivery to Iraq. Gonna have to stock up on supplies in case we get surrounded (yeah right) :p.

Last edited:

aki

Jan 3, 2010
Miami, FL
Wow, that seems like it was some pretty quick shipping.

Glad to see your enjoying your vaping experience so far. I have 16mg Menthol Ice, and I'm also thoroughly enjoying it. The throat hit is awesome, and is especially strong if you direct inhale.

Thank you and your fellow soldiers for fighting for our country! You guys deserve a thumbs up :thumbs:. Stay safe!

imawitch

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
anywhere my broomstick takes me
I posted something similar in the newbie area but here is. Anyway got my Puresmoker Ace startup kit last night. Recieved an email last Monday saying it shipped and 6 days later I received it. Pretty fast shipping to Camp Liberty (Baghdad), Iraq.

Anyway I love it! Haven't smoked a regular cig since. Does a great job simulating the feel of a normal smoke. Good throat hit with the menthol ice flavor. Some friends actually called it "harsh" but they took WAY too big a draw first time, as did I. So far the battery and cartomizer have lasted 1 and half days of use. My carto is the 36mg one so I think I'm hitting it less then I would a normal cig. Pretty cool. I found myself throwing away normal cigs maybe half way through anyway cause I didn't really want anymore. Now I just vape how much I want.

So I'm converted. Been spreading the news to other soldiers. Some of the responses I'm getting from people are disappointing. "I think I read somwhere those are worse then normal cigarettes". Arghh! So I'm taking it opon myself to educate those around me. On the other hand I got guys that seem interested in getting one for themselves.

Looking forward to trying the other flavors. Just waiting to use this one up first. My lungs already feel better. I didn't wake up feeling like an ashtray today. Sweet.

Thanks again for the quick delivery to Iraq. Gonna have to stock up on supplies in case we get surrounded (yeah right) :p.

May god, and may my goddess bless u for serving our country. I thank you for everything you do, be safe and bright blessings

welcome to the vaping world

Oggy

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2010
Sabattus, ME, US
Hey Stab grats for loosing the cigs man. I have been vaping since i got to Iraq, but still hang out with my buds in the smoke holes. Since i was getting alot of questions about the E-cigs and normally ended up with others smokeing my 510 more than me UGH, i decided to find a cheap way for people to try there own. Madvapes sales disposable 510 kits for about 10$. I order them 5 at a time and a 30ml bottle of juice and then sell them for my cost. have converted several people already, but cant keep up with all the people that want to try them.
Besafe and will look you up if im in your neck of the woods.

OGGY

starchelle

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Georgia
Can you put up a spot on your web site where we can contribute funds towards free shipping or funds to reduce the price of your products for any of our troops. I'd contribute to that if I knew it was going to help our troops have a little better experience over there.
Dude I TOTALLY second that!

Limoncello

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
oHIo
Can you put up a spot on your web site where we can contribute funds towards free shipping or funds to reduce the price of your products for any of our troops. I'd contribute to that if I knew it was going to help our troops have a little better experience over there.
Excellent idea SheerLuckHolmes! As a military mom, I would love to be able to contribute towards our troops to try or use e-cigs. Let us know if there is anything that would grow from this idea :thumbs:

I appreciate all the compliments, thanks! I feel a little guilty though haha. My job is pretty cush compared to what the infantry guys do that I support. I'm a commo soldier. Specifically I'm the senior network/computer tech for my battalion. It's my responibility to ensure most of the digital comms work. Major perk? Free internet! If my internet is not working then noone's is lol ;).

Anyway my first carto lasted me 2 days and then some. I just replaced my menthol ice with a Cashcap. Wow tastes great! I also just tried the Cash's Blend. Its funny it actually tastes like tobacco smells. You know like when you sniff a cigarette and it smells good but tastes nothing like it? This blend rocks.

One of the guys I work with got me interested in e-cigs. He bought a crappy off brand "Luci" or something on leave and its performance is pretty lacking so he quit using it(He paid over $100 for it!). After trying my Ace he's thinking about buying a kit as well. Good. The guys is like 10 years younger then me and has a terrible smokers cough. Sounds like an old man. He really needs to quit or he's gonna have lung cancer by the time he's 30.

Last edited:

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
Don't feel quilty or anything. All efforts are needed and significant that support and contribute to the effort. Without support and infrastructor nothing would get accomplished.

Without 'Radar O'Reilly' in M.A.S.H the doctors would not have been able to pull off ... err I mean... do their life saving jobs.

dgriego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
New Mexico

I would be honored to assist with this if you decide to do it.

I am going to order some of the disposables to send to my son who is over there. he can pass them out for people to try. Great idea!

Oggy

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2010
Sabattus, ME, US
I use a 510 and have recently got my Juice Box, and are loving both. I can definetly say that we all appreciate the support that we get from home, its very nice to know we are not forgoten. As far as helping with shipping, the Gov finally figured out how important the mail is to soldiers, so we only pay for the us part of shipping. However as is normal with anything Goverment run they do take there sweat time, but some places are better than others.

OGGY

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Albert Einstein's office at Princeton)

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
I appreciate all the compliments, thanks! I feel a little guilty though haha. My job is pretty cush compared to what the infantry guys do that I support. I'm a commo soldier. Specifically I'm the senior network/computer tech for my battalion. It's my responibility to ensure most of the digital comms work. Major perk? Free internet! If my internet is not working then noone's is lol ;).

Anyway my first carto lasted me 2 days and then some. I just replaced my menthol ice with a Cashcap. Wow tastes great! I also just tried the Cash's Blend. Its funny it actually tastes like tobacco smells. You know like when you sniff a cigarette and it smells good but tastes nothing like it? This blend rocks.

One of the guys I work with got me interested in e-cigs. He bought a crappy off brand "Luci" or something on leave and its performance is pretty lacking so he quit using it(He paid over $100 for it!). After trying my Ace he's thinking about buying a kit as well. Good. The guys is like 10 years younger then me and has a terrible smokers cough. Sounds like an old man. He really needs to quit or he's gonna have lung cancer by the time he's 30.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU :) ...this coming from someone in IT...your job is just as important as everyone elses in the military...don't downplay what you do. Every piece of the puzzle matters...we're all made to do different things. Congrats on the e-cig...i hope your usage rubs off on others that want to be healthier...(I play volleyball and have been smoking for more than 2/3rds of my life) I wish you all safety and even though I don't usually pray I will pray for you before I go to sleep tonight...

I can't say anything more than THANK YOU and THANK YOU to all those you serve with...we APPRECIATE YOU ALL.

Don't forget...the internet helps lots of soldiers over there to stay in touch with everything that matters to them....lots of love.
Also...I would love to donate to you guys...totally worthy cause...Please someone let us know how we could do this....

Maureen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread