Vapors tongue remedy..for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipster

ECF Veteran
It is a well established medical fact that taste is reliant upon your ability to smell. This is 100% true for me, d/t suffering from chronic sinus problems (thank you for THAT, analogs..) I can attest to that. I am only now 10 days into vaping this go around, but I also vaped in 2011 for about a month, no analogs. I had "vapors tongue" frequently the first go around... what I have discovered this time is that for me, it is really "vapors nose"..
The cure? I wash my sinuses out with Ocean saline spray (and I also neti pot every night before bed.) I can fully taste the juices if I keep my sinuses clear and uncoated of VG/PG... no flavor interruption.
It's also a good thing to do anyways after smoking analogs for so long, cleaning out the system. You begin to smell and taste again.. The saline and neti potting really helps the process.
Double bonus!!

Last edited:

j3illy

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
MA
I made a 24mg high PG Red Bull flavor that has a strong subtle taste, and it seems to cleanse my vaping palate. Just taking a couple puffs, when I go back to my other flavors afterwards they seem to taste better. I've noticed before that throughout the day, the flavor of the same juice can vary. I'm always rotating my clearos, and a strong Red Bull or Red Mountain combo is definitely gonna be in the mix for the time being.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I had scarlet fever when I was 3 that left my Olfactory nerves fried. I have never remembered having a sense of smell. The only think I can truly smell is fingernail polish remover and that is if I put it right under my nose. I do have a sense of taste but I am sure that it is not probably what everybody else has but its the only thing I have ever known.

It usually doesn't bother me until I started vaping and hearing my family say how good it smells!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread