"Vapors Tongue"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

calico21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2011
next to a corn field,IL
Yepper, I don't need an excuse to drink lots of Iced Tea, and I like my tea just like my coffee... Strong and black! No sweetener of any kind, or milk, or lemon, or anything else that gets in the way of the flavor of my Tea or Coffee.

I don't cotton to those fancy teas either... Luisianne, or Lipton is all I need...

Now my coffee on the other hand.... That's a different story, I'm totally spoiled for my Guatemalan Forestall Blend...
Grown high up in the mountains of Guatemala under the forest canopy in the shade!

Smooth, Rich, Dark, and never oily or bitter...

I buy it from Fair Trade Coffee, Organic Coffee: Grounds for Change in 5lb bags, and they don't roast it till I order it :D Once roasted, it's shipped to me in whole bean and I grind it myself with a Kitchen-aid Burr Grinder. I take my coffee seriously!

:hubba:
This is so me and dh, I am certainly going to look up that coffee, do they make it in a vape? lol.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Yepper, I don't need an excuse to drink lots of Iced Tea, and I like my tea just like my coffee... Strong and black! No sweetener of any kind, or milk, or lemon, or anything else that gets in the way of the flavor of my Tea or Coffee.

I don't cotton to those fancy teas either... Luisianne, or Lipton is all I need...

Now my coffee on the other hand.... That's a different story, I'm totally spoiled for my Guatemalan Forestall Blend...
Grown high up in the mountains of Guatemala under the forest canopy in the shade!

Smooth, Rich, Dark, and never oily or bitter...

I buy it from Fair Trade Coffee, Organic Coffee: Grounds for Change in 5lb bags, and they don't roast it till I order it :D Once roasted, it's shipped to me in whole bean and I grind it myself with a Kitchen-aid Burr Grinder. I take my coffee seriously!

:hubba:

Ok, I'm a northern girl..I have NEVER in my life heard of " I don't cotton..." Was that a typo or a real saying??? It sounds cute as hell!!!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
How frustrating for you! Flavors are so subjective that while I may describe how a juice tasted to me, as a rule I don't recommend a specific juice; however, I'm going to this time.

When I started vaping I didn't know about ECF. I didn't know any vapers either. I got all of my info off of youtube. There was a young woman I liked, still a new vaper, and I bought everything she recommended - even bridgeless 306 attys that I had no idea what were used for. In hindsight, for what was available at the time, she was spot on.

She got her hardware from one vendor and her juices from another. When I bought my kit I ordered some juice too, so I would have something to vape when it arrived. Oh. God. No. It was my first lesson in just because you like to eat it, doesn't mean you want to vape it.

Her favorite at the time was RH Candy Cane from Vixen Vapor: 3x flavor, medium menthol, 70pg/30vg, 12 mg. I was a 1.5 PAD smoker, but had already picked 12mg since it seemed to be in the middle. My theory was that if I needed more nic I would just vape more. It's worked for me.

I didn't know about steeping and loved the juice right out of the package (I have since learned it does benefit from a little steeping). It is very strong. At first I remember tasting mostly cinnamon candy (which I don't like to eat), menthol (of course) and some kind of mint. I no longer taste cinnamon in it, but people tell me the vapor smells like cinnamon. Over time I have experimented with the orders - different pg/vg ratios, different amounts of menthol, different flavor shots, different nic levels - but I keep coming back to the first one. It was the only thing I could taste for about 2 months and it's been my ADV (often Only Day Vape) for over a year. I have it in various devices: carto tanks, a Protank, a bottom feeder, which I rotate and it tastes slightly different in each one, almost like different flavors.

People I know who have tried it either love it, say it has too much menthol or ask me if I'm vaping paint thinner. It is also the most aggressive juice I have. It can melt polycarb and acrylic from across the room. (The upside of that is I got into IBTanked early on, but only with stainless steel caps, it melted the acrylic ones). It also has vivi novas and drip tips for breakfast.

jp_cfc09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
lost
im with you angibe with the vapours tongue in that its annoying in hell so much that I quit completely but recently started with the odd analog as I couldnt cope with it but honestly think its just prelonged it lol. im completely back off analogs a week now and going to hold out and get past it with some new flavours as the way I look at it now, I never smoked analogs for there teaste lol. it will be another week maybe for me now because of my relapse but in the end it will go and vapeing will teaste nicer again. look it like me in that analogs dont have a very nice teaste and after a while you can vape so many nice flavours and teaste them. try menthol as I hated menthol analogs but I can teaste it with vapers tongue, not as good but still has ok flavour. I got strong sparmint and high strength menthol and if I want a tobacco menthol I just mix them with my favorite tobacco juice.

youll get through it in the end, these rants do help as we all need them to get it out. should have a section for ranting really so we can all get it out as like many I love a good rant because quitting is hard and frustrating as hell. these speed bumps do knock on you but will seem smaller once your over them. :):):);)

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Ok, I'm a northern girl..I have NEVER in my life heard of " I don't cotton..." Was that a typo or a real saying??? It sounds cute as hell!!!

Real saying :laugh: I must have spent enough time in the south or have known enough southerners as a child, since that phrase is absolutely familiar to me. LOL

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
im with you angibe with the vapours tongue in that its annoying in hell so much that I quit completely but recently started with the odd analog as I couldnt cope with it but honestly think its just prelonged it lol. im completely back off analogs a week now and going to hold out and get past it with some new flavours as the way I look at it now, I never smoked analogs for there teaste lol. it will be another week maybe for me now because of my relapse but in the end it will go and vapeing will teaste nicer again. look it like me in that analogs dont have a very nice teaste and after a while you can vape so many nice flavours and teaste them. try menthol as I hated menthol analogs but I can teaste it with vapers tongue, not as good but still has ok flavour. I got strong sparmint and high strength menthol and if I want a tobacco menthol I just mix them with my favorite tobacco juice.

youll get through it in the end, these rants do help as we all need them to get it out. should have a section for ranting really so we can all get it out as like many I love a good rant because quitting is hard and frustrating as hell. these speed bumps do knock on you but will seem smaller once your over them. :):):);)

You can rant all you want on my thread. There is no specific topic: I'm Crabby Today

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Real saying :laugh: I must have spent enough time in the south or have known enough southerners as a child, since that phrase is absolutely familiar to me. LOL

There are so many southern sayings that I have no clue what peeps are saying. Also, as a side note...just joined CASAA!! Read up on the website and what an awesome organization! For the people, by the people..LUV it. And love that safe vaping and research are BIG for them!

And as a side, side note...did my night vape test and I slightly TASTED MY VAPE!!!! Hope I just didn't "count my chickens before that hatched" (that's kinda a southern saying..right?) but I'm so FRICK'IN excited!!! It's been a week! Hopefully each day, the flavor will get stronger and stronger. I seriously don't know how much more of this Biotene gel I can take..it's so slimy!

calico21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2011
next to a corn field,IL
There are so many southern sayings that I have no clue what peeps are saying. Also, as a side note...just joined CASAA!! Read up on the website and what an awesome organization! For the people, by the people..LUV it. And love that safe vaping and research are BIG for them!

And as a side, side note...did my night vape test and I slightly TASTED MY VAPE!!!! Hope I just didn't "count my chickens before that hatched" (that's kinda a southern saying..right?) but I'm so FRICK'IN excited!!! It's been a week! Hopefully each day, the flavor will get stronger and stronger. I seriously don't know how much more of this Biotene gel I can take..it's so slimy!
So glad you didn't give up! You will be able to spread your experience far and wide now! When you see that rant, you'll be able to show empathy even if you couldn't give them an immediate fix.:vapor:

DustyZ

Suspended
Jul 5, 2013
Ocala, FL, USA

It shows you live in Florida so I would think that you should be familiar with it, the confusing part it you reference Southerners and spending enough time in the South, ummm, Florida is South! :p

And just to throw this out there, the term "Cracker" that is normally thought to be derogatory but the fact is it was used to describe the Cattle Ranchers and Herder's in Florida and come's from the fact that they used Whips to help drive the cattle, just a bit of trivia. I am btw a Native Floridian. :D

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com

My cousins say it too.

Sorry, Born in Kentucky, raised in texas... Sometimes the redneck just slips out :D
I DO try to keep him under wraps most times these days LOL!!

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
There are so many southern sayings that I have no clue what peeps are saying.

Well sayings like:

Well, Butter My .... And Call Me A Biscuit!
or
Well Slap My ... And Call Me Sally!

express surprise,

Oh, and If someone ends a sentence with the phrase "Bless Her/His Heart" It's NOT a compliment!

ROFLMAO!!

Whiplash205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Cleveland, Ga, USA
sorry could not make it thru the whole thread but here is my take on muted flavors.

1. A coil after a few days use will begin to mute the flavor even though it still performs well.
2. Too much sugar or salt in you diet can cause you to lose you sense of taste.
3. Taking a bite from a lemon can restore your pallet. The pallet is the roof of your mouth not your tongue.
4. Brush the roof of your mouth.
5. Taste buds should be round but smoking can cause poor blood circulation. Poor circulation will cause the taste buds to flatten out. It could very well take a few months for your circulation to improve. I know it did me. I walk a lot at work and could tell I was still improving several months after quitting just by how my feet felt.
6. 75% of the population have a normal number of taste buds while 25% have more. The people with more taste buds have the ability to discern multiple flavors for things like tasting wine and such. You are probably in the normal range. There is a test you can take using some blue food coloring but you will need to google it to do the test. I don't remember exactly how it works.

I hope some of this helps and good luck

YES!!!. My taste buds are still wonky with vapers tongue, but I can smell/taste with nose exhales. Never used to nose exhale on analogs but its the only way I can enjoy my vapes right now. What's weird to me is food doesn't really taste off, just no flavor when vaping. Though after 40 years of analogs I probably have a ton of healing to do before my taste buds get close to normal. I have noticed that my tolerance for spicy foods is not what it used to be. Had some hot wings I used to eat with no problem and they d*** near took my head off. Wife thought it was hilarious cause I always tease her for being a spicy food wimp.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
It shows you live in Florida so I would think that you should be familiar with it, the confusing part it you reference Southerners and spending enough time in the South, ummm, Florida is South! :p

And just to throw this out there, the term "Cracker" that is normally thought to be derogatory but the fact is it was used to describe the Cattle Ranchers and Herder's in Florida and come's from the fact that they used Whips to help drive the cattle, just a bit of trivia. I am btw a Native Floridian. :D

Born an Army Brat in Texas. Moved around A Lot. Spent most of my teen and adult life in Michigan and Pennsylvania. Moved to Florida in February of this year. I'm LOVING the weather here! I actually lived in Homestead, FL for about 7 months when I was 11. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread