Weird cig habits

Status
Not open for further replies.

cass

ECF Veteran
You know, we all have a lot of weird real cig habits. Packing, for one. The Andrew Dice Clay light for another (you all know what I'm talking about, the way some shoot their arm out, lighter in hand, yank it close and **** their head to the side before they light up). But what about weird e-cig habits.
I only ask because apparently I've developed one.
I was was happily vaping the other day when my son asked my I press the e-cig against my cheekbone after a couple of drags. I ignored him. Didn't quite know what he was talking about.
Was vaping the next day when I friend asked, "Why do you do that?"
"Do what?" I asked, rolling the e-cig quickly over my cheek and touching the atomizer to the side of my mouth.
"That! You keep rubbing it against your cheek!"
"Oh!" I instantly knew what she was talking about. "I'm making sure the atomizer isn't too hot."
How weird is that? I know I can't use my fingers because there's too much heat in them, but somehow I've developed this natural habit of touching the atomizer against my cheek (where the skin is more sensitive) after a few heavy drags, to make sure it's not too hot.
I don't know that it looks weird, bit apparenty it draws attention. Now, I know I'm doing it, but it seem perfectly natural. Sometimes I notice I touch it against my cheek real quick before taking a drag. I vape a lot, so this "cheek indicator" keeps me from burning out the atomizer. I can feel the heat better through my cheek than my fingers.
Anyhone else notice any weird e-cig habits???

I work around a lot of people, so whenever I e-smoke at work I generally cover the tip end with my fingers so nobody sees the glow (I also hold it in to allow the smoke to condense, so I don't blow smoke out). However, since I got in the habit of doing it indoors at work, I tend to put my fingers on the tip every time I light it now.

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
I work around a lot of people, so whenever I e-smoke at work I generally cover the tip end with my fingers so nobody sees the glow (I also hold it in to allow the smoke to condense, so I don't blow smoke out). However, since I got in the habit of doing it indoors at work, I tend to put my fingers on the tip every time I light it now.

I do exactly the same thing, even though I use a screwdriver now so there is no LED to be seen. Strange thing is, when I'm at home and there is no need to to hold the vapour in, I still do:)

Denni

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2008
UK
denni-schnapp.livejournal.com
You know, we all have a lot of weird real cig habits. Packing, for one. The Andrew Dice Clay light for another (you all know what I'm talking about, the way some shoot their arm out, lighter in hand, yank it close and **** their head to the side before they light up). But what about weird e-cig habits.
I only ask because apparently I've developed one.
I was was happily vaping the other day when my son asked my I press the e-cig against my cheekbone after a couple of drags. I ignored him. Didn't quite know what he was talking about.
Was vaping the next day when I friend asked, "Why do you do that?"
"Do what?" I asked, rolling the e-cig quickly over my cheek and touching the atomizer to the side of my mouth.
"That! You keep rubbing it against your cheek!"
"Oh!" I instantly knew what she was talking about. "I'm making sure the atomizer isn't too hot."
How weird is that? I know I can't use my fingers because there's too much heat in them, but somehow I've developed this natural habit of touching the atomizer against my cheek (where the skin is more sensitive) after a few heavy drags, to make sure it's not too hot.
I don't know that it looks weird, bit apparenty it draws attention. Now, I know I'm doing it, but it seem perfectly natural. Sometimes I notice I touch it against my cheek real quick before taking a drag. I vape a lot, so this "cheek indicator" keeps me from burning out the atomizer. I can feel the heat better through my cheek than my fingers.
Anyhone else notice any weird e-cig habits???

I'm doing the exact same thing as well!

Always thought it was a hangover from my pipe smoking days. Quite surprising that so many people are doing it :D

Marvelbeast

Oct 14, 2008
UK
I didn't think about this until I read your post and I'm doing something similar. What I do is put the e-cig on my lips lengthways to check the heat before I vape again. This is when I'm vaping a lot and want to check the heat.

I've noticed that I tend to twiddle it a lot in my hands most of the time between vapes. I think it's replaced the tactile part of smoking.

It feels like (we) have found new habits to replace the ones we probably didn't know we had when we smoked real cigs. As everyone knows what a real smoker does when they smoke, no one says that it looks odd. Maybe it's replacing things like getting the lighter, ashtray and other things you used to do???

Funny that I didn't notice. It's also really good as the smoking habits are new compared to the old long term ones most of us probably had. It means that "if" we wanted to stop e-smoking it would probably be much easier because the new habits won't be as easily missed. Sorry if my last paragraph didn't make sense. It did in my head :)

dizzysmurf03

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2008
VA
I do the same thing too.

I usually catch myself holding the atomizer to my lip after a few heavy drags.. Then I realize I probably look like a dork and I quickly pull it away.. lol I guess I need to get over it and not worry about how I look. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one though, I was thinking just the other day about asking if anyone else did it.

Dale

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
Mt. Baldy, CA USA
I've only been at this a few weeks, but have noticed a couple of habits. I use a super-mini right now, which is round as opposed to having a shaped mouthpiece, and I will catch myself twisting it in my mouth as I draw, as though it will "loosen" the remaining juice in the cart. I also catch myself tapping the cig, LED-down, on tabletops or whatever in an attempt to get the juice down to the atomizer element.

I bought a super-mini (the overpriced and underperforming Njoy Npro) because it looked so much like an analog cigarette (I'm over that now and have in fact ordered a Trog Screwdriver), but I quickly found that I don't hold it between my fingers like a paper cig... in fact sometimes I just fist it.

You know, when posting on my various BBSes, it does occur to me as I am writing that some things could be read "another way," but then I think to myself "oh, no one is going to go there."

Someone always does. :lol:

Long term exposure to the internet may cause corruption of the brain. I am living proof of this.

cass

ECF Veteran
Very funny - I do the exact same thing Cass. I caught myself doing it the other day and thought "I must seriously look like a fruitcake when I do that!"...hehehe.

I just know it's gotta look weird. Vape, rub, vape, rub. Grimace. Pause. Vape, vape, rub. We're all a bunch of freaks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread