Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Checking in
I was having trouble with the TH being way more than I am used to.

I haven't avoided about 15 tobacco smokes since Monday
I have Avoided approx. 35 tobacco smokes.

You're doing fine. I experienced pretty much the same thing when I started last month. People advised me to drink more water than usual; apparently the warm vapor can dry out your throat and mouth more easily than the analogs did. Your body soon adapts. After a few days I didn't notice it at all.

I continued to smoke 3 - 4 cigs for the first couple of weeks. Towards the end of that time I noticed that the cigs started tasting nasty, and I just didn't buy any more. With none around, I could only vape, and I actually began to prefer it.

Everyone is different. Some are able to go cold turkey when beginning to vape, and I say good for them. Bottom line is to eventually put them away for good, whether it is cold turkey or weaning yourself off of them. Whatever works for you.

elbertdee

Resting In Peace
Apr 29, 2012
California
You're doing fine. I experienced pretty much the same thing when I started last month. People advised me to drink more water than usual; apparently the warm vapor can dry out your throat and mouth more easily than the analogs did. Your body soon adapts. After a few days I didn't notice it at all.

I continued to smoke 3 - 4 cigs for the first couple of weeks. Towards the end of that time I noticed that the cigs started tasting nasty, and I just didn't buy any more. With none around, I could only vape, and I actually began to prefer it.

Everyone is different. Some are able to go cold turkey when beginning to vape, and I say good for them. Bottom line is to eventually put them away for good, whether it is cold turkey or weaning yourself off of them. Whatever works for you.

As the time has gone by I have gotten used to it plus have added a small 1 drop of Vg to 18 drops of 555 , fill the Carto and much more to my liking.
More e-smoke and softened throat hit.
Yep this is week 2 and i'm just not completely ready to let go of the tobacco. 2-4 a day. But noticing the want for the tobacco a few times a day is decreasing.

It did take me 3 years when I went from
smoking Ready Roll/Manufactured to rolling my own. there were times I still wanted that extra burn in my lungs that I get from ready Rolls. But I got off the Manufactured ones. Now another step.

Thanks again for the support

Raynes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Alabama,USA
WOW what a welcome,THANK YOU!! If it wasn't for SI I would have given up on the idea of even trying to stop smoking,thanks to the wonderful folks at SI,and Steeljan for her demonstrations on how to use everything it made quitting a breeze. My Mother and I have been smoke free for a month now.
I do have one question though,what is it about vaping that causes dehydration and how much fluid should a person drink a day when they vape?

reptilr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Welcome to all the newbies, i dont pop in here at all, not sure why now that i think about it.
There's no race really, take your time and what feels right!! Raynes Im not quite sure about what causes the dehydration, but doing a quick search there are a few topics here on ecf with some discussions about it.

elbertdee

Resting In Peace
Apr 29, 2012
California
WOW what a welcome,THANK YOU!! If it wasn't for SI I would have given up on the idea of even trying to stop smoking,thanks to the wonderful folks at SI,and Steeljan for her demonstrations on how to use everything it made quitting a breeze. My Mother and I have been smoke free for a month now.
I do have one question though,what is it about vaping that causes dehydration and how much fluid should a person drink a day when they vape?

My understanding is the Vapor you exhale, if you are inhaling is water vapor which comes from the lungs so it pulls water out of the bodies system.
Others may have more or different info.

Im on week 3 still doing 2 -4 tobaccos a day but will less and less want. the need went away after a week.

elbertdee

Resting In Peace
Apr 29, 2012
California
Thanks

Just making progress one day at a time.

Just wishing the memorial day sale lasted through Wed when I can ordrer ( yes this is an attempt at being pitiful)

I have the VOLT and love it, but do need another battery.
Gonna get one of the 1300 x2 and a couple of clearomizes on Wednesday.

everyday gets better

Thanks Again

mudhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
versailles mo.
well this is Larry in mo. i am waiting on a order from SI i ordered it wednesday after noon,,,i hope i get it on saturday,but my luck it won't be till mon. or tues.
i have not had a regular smoke since memorial day and for me that is saying some thing,,that one v2 battery and 2 yearold e-juice is working for me,,the juice is a little flat tasting,but what the heck.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread