what batteries do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixofusernames

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
california
arent the RCR's unprotected??? IM GETTING FRUSTRATED! my atties only work when i put in my disposable 3v's, and the batteries are brand new. the atty is only like a week old. sometimes when i put the 3.7 back on, the atty will work for awhile, then not. so i put the 3v back in, and so on and so forth. as i said earlier, IM GETTING FRUSTRATED. i would like to get a set of "protected" 3v batteries, or a better brand of 3.7v (and use the low resistance atty, in the mail)

Last edited:

KingVapor

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Texas
In all honesty. I'd wait to buy anything until you try out the low resistance atty with your current battery. I've been running my SB with an Ultrafire 3000mAh for three days using that atomizer and I haven't yet reached the level where the vapor is too weak for my taste. A regular joye 510 on this same battery lasts about a day before the vapor is too weak for me.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Tenergy 750 & 900 mAh all the way these batts last and dont drain to fast, Ive been using ithem for about 4 months or so now and there really nice, all though I wish they would come out with 1500 OR SO mAh that would be really nice, I also wish someone would come out with a 5v 6v 7v songle batt that size of the 18650's. is this imposible to do, someone school me why this isnt out yet, please

Incognito

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2009
Ames, IA
I only use Tenergy RC123a's (750mah).

KingVapor
However, I'm on my third day of using the ultrafire 3000mAh on a Low resistance 1.5ohm 510 atomizer. Waiting for it to die so I can test the 2600.

How does that compare to 6V with a normal 510 atty? I'm thinking about ordering some LR atties so I can try to enjoy 3.7 again:p

sixofusernames

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
california
What atomizers you using? :)

i was using your 510, but i just got the newer low resistance one, and its waay better (no offense!) its perfect for me because I really dont want to stack cells, but was kinda unsatisfied with what i was getting before, and getting really frustrated. these LR atties are great, but its only the first day! I have high hopes!

sixofusernames

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
california
In all honesty. I'd wait to buy anything until you try out the low resistance atty with your current battery. I've been running my SB with an Ultrafire 3000mAh for three days using that atomizer and I haven't yet reached the level where the vapor is too weak for my taste. A regular joye 510 on this same battery lasts about a day before the vapor is too weak for me.

wow, you are totally right, these atties work great! now i can stick to 3.7v but still get the effect of going high voltage. novel idea! I hope they last a long time, i can only afford to buy one at a time! I guess the atties were bad, which is strange because they were so new. i have never done a wash, but maybe now is the time to try since they are not working anyway.

KingVapor

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Texas
How does that compare to 6V with a normal 510 atty? I'm thinking about ordering some LR atties so I can try to enjoy 3.7 again:p

In all honesty, 6v with a standard joye 510 is very potent mix. Why? Well because the r123 batteries off a fresh charge put out 7.2v and on a 2.2 ohm Joye 510 you are looking at 23+ watts. Thats nearly double what these atomizers produce on a fresh 18650. If you can find yourself stepping back to 5v then these atomizers are great :) If you are a die hard 6v fan, than I suggest you keep your r123s.

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
DBSB == Double Barrel Silver Bullet (2 atomizers)
High Drain Battery == misnomer. What people are referring to is a High Discharge Rate Battery meaning that it is capable of supplying a much larger current for a proportionally shorter time. That's different than being able to discharge it further than a regular battery. The analogy would be a regular car battery compared to a deep cycle battery. A regular car battery is designed to supply a good amount of current for a short time and then be charged up again. A deep cycle battery is designed to be discharged for long periods and down to a much lower "level". Like for running accessories and lights in your camper with the motor turned off. Deeply discharging a regular battery would greatly decrease it's usable life.

So... the batteries we use have a "C" rating. That's pretty much the amount of current it would supply (within it's operating voltage) for 1 hour. It's also the amount of current and time it would take to recharge it after being depleted. For example a 2000mAh battery would supply 2 Amps for 1 hour. If it was a 3.7v Li-Ion that means it would probably have an operating voltage range from 4.2v (fully charged) to it's nominal voltage of 3.7v (i think). It would also take 1 hour to charge that same battery back to 4.2v with a charger supplying 2A of current. It's normal for such a battery to have a max discharge rate of 2C. That would be 4A and it could supply that current for 1/2 hour. The "High Drain" batteries being referred to have a max discharge rate of 10C. That means that (using our example) they could supply a whopping 20Amps of current for 6 minutes! You could use them to power a small arc welder :)

Now the thing is that devices "draw" power/current. It's not the case that batteries "pump/push" power/current. So a 510 atty presents about 2.2ohms of resistance and applying 3.7 to 4.2v across that load results in a current draw of something like 1.7Amps to 1.9Amps. Thats within the operating range of both the normal battery and the "high drain" battery. The implication is that you would not expect significantly different performance between the two. There are some other factors that might effect performance but you would expect them to have much less impact on the result. You might expect the "high drain" battery to have a longer life with this usage (more discharge/recharge cycles).

something like that anyway... probably not exactly correct but I think that's the general idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread