what batteries do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leathermonkey7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
North Carolina
I hear the 900 mah rcr123 tenergy (blue) bateries will not work with the DBSB. Their circuit protection trips. They work GREAT with the normal SB top however. If you are using a DBSB, Id use a 3.7 v battery, or the 750mah (yellow) tenergy batteries. For the regular SB top, I'd use the tenergy 900mah batteries for 6v. They fit better, and last longer then the lifepo4 ones, and have a protection circuit built in.

gratefulbuddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
KC MO USA
I beleive the atties in the DB top are wired in parallel (cddz, correction?), if that is the case then: with a 3.7 volt battery and two 801 atties you would have a 9.13 watt output. Right in the sweet spot. That same setup with 6 volts would yield 24 watts, much higher than the commonly sought after 8-10 watt range. Im no math wiz, so I could have messed something up there, but my vaping experience agrees with this.
I have tried the blue 900mah tenergys with my DB top and, as leathermonkey said, I can only get 2 or 3 vapes before it stops working. I don't have the yellow 750mah tenergys to try but I dont think 6v is necessary on the DB for the reasons stated above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread