What does a harsh throat hit mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasC

Verified Member
Sep 24, 2014
England
I am running an ego battery with an EVOD 2.4 single coil.

I have been getting very harsh throat hits. Been drying burning and cleaning coil and it has made no difference.

The silica flavour wick that came with it I have been changing frequently with cotton wool.

I have given up this morning and just replaced the coil for another new 2.4 single coil that had silica wick in.

The harsh throat hit has completely gone. I have been using 18mg and 12 mg eliquids and still got the harsh throat hit before I changed coils.

Is it because of the cotton or is it just because my coil had gone bad? I still got lots of vapour, but just really bad throat hit

My eliquid tastes horrible even after 5 hours of steeping cola Red star, but I'm putting that down to being a bad liquid.

I'm very new to this so am not sure as and when you need to change coils. Obviously I am trying to make them last as long as possible to save money.

Any help greatly appreciated.

ThomasC

Verified Member
Sep 24, 2014
England
I suspect its the cotton being a bit burnt.
If it aint wicking or went dry on a toot, its possible that it burnt the cotton---which can leave that harsh burnt taste.

Always remember to keep your wick wet--cotton wick that is....;)

Yeah I think this is the problem because when I open it up I can see burnt bits on my cotton wool.

I do make sure it is wet. I lick the cotton wool and put e liquid on it so I don't know what else I can do. Since gone back to silica and no problems so far.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
Cotton wool is the same as cotton balls or just 100% cotton here in the States.

OP, you may have used the silica wick coil for too long. I use Kanger Aerotanks and I go through one coil a week, I can use it longer but the taste is not the same. I figure the silica coils are cheap enough. I tried rebuilding the coils with cotton but they would only last me a day before I had to change them.

Also, you could be using a high voltage for the ohms of your coils or the atty you're using is not wicking properly.

I hope you figure it out. Vape on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread