Throat hits too harsh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanna

Jan 19, 2013
Texas
So I have seen a couple of posts saying that lowering the nic level will decrease such a harsh throat hit? I just got my eGo CE series kit in the mail and I got pineapple ice and caramel apple from madvapes.com; both are 18mg nic...tried the caramel apple yesterday & was not expecting such a hard throat hit or such a chemical taste. I have had both flavors steeping ever since and hoping that helps!! So my question is what is a good nic level to get that won't cause such a hard throat hit or does the flavor of the eliquid have a lot to do with it too? Any suggestions on vendors or flavors?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi Shanna! Unfortunately, this falls within the realm of trial and error to find what you like. There are many variables with e-liquid: flavor, vendor (recipe/brand), nic level, pg/vp ratio, age (steeping) and temperature are a few that come to mind. You will end up doing a lot of experimentation. I am very sensitive to throat irritation unless the vape is cool; it's probably a different preference for someone else. :unsure:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Realize also PG is a throat irritant and some have a sensitivity to it. Also noted you're a light smoker- usually regular smokers begin at 18 or 24 mg. You could buy some VG at the pharmacy and cut it down to 12 mg although the flavor would suffer. I would try 12 drops of juice to 6 drops of vg and see how that goes. Also a quicker way of steeping...
place bottle in hot tap water for 45 mins. shake and place in dark cupboard.
next am open bottle, shake, recap and place back in cupboard.
Next am open bottle and leave open in cupboard.
next am shake and vape.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
BTW do you think it would be wise to buy unflavored with 0-6mg nic and dilute it with that?

You can try that. I have a flavor I like that I have experimented with by ordering in different strengths, different pg/vg ratios and menthol added to compare. I ended up mixing the bottles as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread