What kit should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkirby89

Jul 10, 2013
Michigan
I bought a couple disposables last week (Blu) and (njoy-King). They are extremely helpful for quitting smoking and I want to invest a bit more into it.

-I don't want to spend more than $60.
-I smoke anywhere from 1/2 a pack to 1 pack a day.
-And I really want it to look somewhat like an analog. It doesn't have to look like the njoy Kings but I like the long slim look like the - BLU's. (I really likes the njoy Kings except that is lasted an hour lol)

My goal here is to slowly ween of regular cigarettes and then after that hopefully ween off the ecigs and just be inhale free all together. Please help! Every google search is all just ads. For example, V2 looks pretty good for the couple months I am looking at using it....but that is probably because everything online about it is all ads lol. Thank you!

Ohyeathat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Apple Valley, Ca
My advice is to go bigger and spend a bit more. I bought a slim look alike because I thought it would be more comfortable for transitioning from analogues. But after just a week I am looking into variable voltage devices. I see now that if I would have just spent a bit more I would be more satisfied. It's money well spent after all. Don't forget to get a few different levels of nic juice. I wish I had. I am white knuckling it until my vape mail comes this week because I foolishly thought I wouldn't need more than one level.

fatttymagoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Rice Lake WI
DV eGo-T Starter Kit - Stainless - 900mah

This is pretty much what i started with (after a v2 kit). I bought from here but can't seem to find the same one. Mine came with clearos with no replaceable coils. These are replaceable but same price. Honestly, the pictures really make everything look bigger than it actually is. Ya they're bigger than analogs, but not massive. About the size of a thick pen. Probably the best vendor I've bought from too.

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana

Ohyeathat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Apple Valley, Ca
I bought a Halo G6 ,which I do like, but it doesn't have enough power IMHO. I have not heard much about recharging packs. But I plan on using my G6 with a portable charger that uses a USB port (something I use for charging my iPhone on the go). But, that's only until I purchase a VV device. Look into the Halo Triton. Or some other device with a longer lasting battery. It's worth it. I have been kicking myself for not going with something with a longer battery life because I was worried it would be too big. There are many models that are not as big as you might think. There is a starter pack on myvapestore.com that I have my eye on. Check out Pbusardo and Grimm Green on YouTube. They have a wealth of knowledge and experience that I have found invaluable.

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
Smokeless Image or Vapor4life have what you are asking for. Since you are not a heavy smoker it might satisfy you.I have all sizes from Smokeless Image. Most of us have found that we needed more battery life, hence the larger batteries. Many have also needed more power so, they choose variable voltage or wattage. If however you still want the cig-a-like size these two companies are both excellent.
Vapor Titan Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit | Vapor4Life

Smokeless Image | The Best Electronic Cigarette

just two examples from their respective sites

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Thanks! My only thing I just dont really like the fat ones lol. As long as they are slim and look similar to a cig I am happy. I really liked the look of the Blu disposable. Is there anything of quality that has a recharging pack like the Blu one?

Hi dkirby,
Yes, there are some good ones in the size you want. I have some and several members of ECF use them as well.
I think you would like a Smokeless Image kit, and I suggest you get one that has at least two batteries, and get the 78 mm batteries which are still like a cig but last longer before needing a charge. One of Smokeless Image Volts lasts me about 2.5 hours of actual vape time.
Here's apicture so you can see the sizes they sell compared to a cigarette:

SI comparison.jpg

The two one the left next to the cig are the Volts - which I think you might like. Here's a link to their kits:
Smokeless Image | Starter Kits

As you can see from the photo above they do the larger sizes also - so if you want to move up a size later on all your Volt stuff will be compatible. They also have a larger size variable voltage Spinner battery.
They have what is called 808 threading which means they are used with 808 attachments. For the size battery you want cartomizers will work well - they did for me. Smokeless Image make excellent cartomizers and Kanger make very good 808 cartomizers too. The cartomizer is the cartridge part with the juice in.

I recommend you buy some blank cartomizers -you can use juice from any vendor with them. Or you may want to try a sampler from Smokeless Image and then if you like a flavor you can order more.

I'm not affiliated with them but I have used their cig size Volts and bigger X2 batteries and they kept me off the smokes for months.
These are the coupon codes:
10VOLTECF for 10% off entire purchase
CompareOur808d for 15% off cartomizers only

There can be an advantage to getting a cig size. If you go to a bigger size later on you still have the cig size to be more discreet when out and about. A lot of vapers like them for that reason.

Last edited:

fatttymagoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Rice Lake WI
Another option is the Joytech eRoll. It has a small battery and is very cig sized, but it sits inside a portable charging case that makes it last all day. I have one for going out of the house and it works very well for me.

Cheers

After i posted i realized there was the eRoll. Read a lot of good about it.

dkirby89

Jul 10, 2013
Michigan
If you are going to go with a slim style, go with an 808 thread like SI's volt or the Halo G6. Better cartos and batteries than the slim 510s.

I am looking into the Halo G6 right now. It looks like exactly what I want. Where should I buy the juice at? I'm really not that picky. I liked the taste of the Njoy King I tried and I like the taste of the Blu Menthol I tried. I thought they were both really good. Something similar would be great.

Thanks so much to everyone for the help! This forum is fantastic!

CookingWithGuns

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I am looking into the Halo G6 right now. It looks like exactly what I want. Where should I buy the juice at? I'm really not that picky. I liked the taste of the Njoy King I tried and I like the taste of the Blu Menthol I tried. I thought they were both really good. Something similar would be great.

Thanks so much to everyone for the help! This forum is fantastic!

Buy juice wherever you want. If you get pre-filled cartos, you'll have to confirm they are 808-threaded. Personally I recommend getting the blank Halo cartos (their LR ones are great) as they are very easy to fill (just pop off the top and drip in), and last much longer than just about any other carto on the market. If you do order the Halo G6, and plan on getting pre-filled cartos, I'd suggest getting their Belgian Cocoa if you like Chocolate as regardless of thoughts on their other liquids, it is pretty much considered one the best chocolate juices you can get.

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
I bought a Halo G6 ,which I do like, but it doesn't have enough power IMHO. I have not heard much about recharging packs. But I plan on using my G6 with a portable charger that uses a USB port (something I use for charging my iPhone on the go). But, that's only until I purchase a VV device. Look into the Halo Triton. Or some other device with a longer lasting battery. It's worth it. I have been kicking myself for not going with something with a longer battery life because I was worried it would be too big. There are many models that are not as big as you might think. There is a starter pack on myvapestore.com that I have my eye on. Check out Pbusardo and Grimm Green on YouTube. They have a wealth of knowledge and experience that I have found invaluable.

Yup, Halo is the way to go....I tried the V2 and Njoy kits, and though V2 was good, Halo is superior!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread