What nicotine level do you smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharonH

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2013
Ontario, Canada & California
Hi, I am fairly new to the e-cig business and I was wondering what level of nicotine do you guys usually buy like 6mg, 12 mg, etc. Also do you have any recommendation as the first time e-cig smoker?:2cool:

Thanks!!

Welcome Minoh! I think strength is a combination of what strength analogs you smoke along with personal preferences. I was smoking 50 analog a day and 24 mg was suggested to me but I only smoked ultra light 100's so it turns out that 12 mg was a better fit for me.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Hi, I am fairly new to the e-cig business and I was wondering what level of nicotine do you guys usually buy like 6mg, 12 mg, etc. Also do you have any recommendation as the first time e-cig smoker?:2cool:

Thanks!!

For me it depends whether I'm using a tank (12mg) or dripping atomizer (6-8mg).

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
I was a 1.25 - 1.50 pack a day smoker. I started at 30 mg/ml I think that was a bit high in my opinion but got me off of smoking pretty quickly. I'm now down to 24 mg/ml for most of the day. I just recently started a 4 mg/ml at night time flavor that I like...although I have relapsed 3 times in past two weeks at night time with a "real"/"analog" cig so not sure if it is a good or bad thing.

My goal obviously is to quit smoking analogs all together. At the same time I'm trying to cut my nic concentration down. I may be trying to do it too quickly not sure. I don't have a mentor or adviser as how to do this process ;).

I just know I've cut my 25-30 cigs a day down to one or so a week. As for nic experiment if you start to get too far off track you probably need to increase your nic. I'm purposefully trying to lower my nic which is why I am maybe relapsing from time to time.

If you feel comfortable with nic pg/vg just vape away. I myself have a goal of at some point getting off the addiction...but others don't seem to think that it matters as nic is very similar to caffeine. On side note I used to drink 2 pots of coffee a day. I now only drink 1/2 glasses a week.

Choose your battles. Vaping is obviously better than than smoking packs a day. Vaping may not be healthy but it's the better alternative to smoking. Just my opinion. And in aprox 3 months of vaping I think I've only smoked 2 packs of cigs. Considering I smoked almost 2 packs in a day 2 packs in 3 months is a very significant improvement.

DSullivan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Spring Lake Heights
I am new myself, and I am starting on 24 mg because I really wanted it to work and keep me off analogs. I still get urges for tobacco, until I vape and it goes away. I tried patches but they did not work. I have too much of a desire to feel smoke in my lungs. Once I see the frequency I want to vape fall off, then I will consider reducing. I heard the two weeks I have been vaping is not long enough to start to see measurable changes in smelling, urges, and the like. However my coughing is reduced, and my breathing seems better already. Hang in there!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread