pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
yepper, that's the one you need
- Kanger Mini ProTank Base Replacement

pretty hard to remove, so I'd say you 'nip`d' it
and it broke and shot like a rubber band...

*take it to a Hardware Store and show / ask them
take your EMPTY&CLEANED mini protank and test to be sure
it fits snuggly ON and that it is not too big of a diameter to fit IN your tank
(o-ring might be to fat to fit into the seat in tank)

failure reason: probably from 'over-tightening'

people think these little devices are critical duty--like the brakes on your car
they are not, just "SNUG" them up and let the "SEALS" do their job
only thing I've found that needed a real secure tightening is the coil into the base

by over-tightening, a few bad scenarios occur
-distorting the flexible seals
-putting undo stress on the bottom of the air chamber tube (resulting in cracking mouthpiece)
-un-needed stress on cheap threads

cleanliness and a gentle touch will go a long way with these fragile units...

of course this is mainly directed at kanger bcc devices

:)

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I am talking about the original ProTank mini---not the mini 2.

I bought it back at the end of August. Although this tank seems to be more finicky than the full size ProTank, it was always reliable and I am always vaping on it..until now.

Now, my mini ProTank seems to be leaking. But I can't tell where it is leaking from, exactly. There is just liquid that appears on the outside of the tank. At first I thought it was condensation because the weather has changed but the liquid on the tank is in fact e-juice, not just water from condensation. If I had to guess it might be coming from the seam where the glass meets the metal near the base. But I just can't tell.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a common problem with this specific tank? I'm kind of sad because I love this tank. The original mini's are getting hard to find and I hate to drop another $15 on one if this is what happens to them.

I do have a ProTank Mini 2 and I like it ok, but I like the original ProTank Mini better.
:(

Are you using authentic Kanger replacement coils, rebuilding your own, or are you using clone coils?? ... I ask because when I tried clone coils I got the same type of leaking that you are describing .. so of course I will only be using authentic Kanger coils, or rebuilds on authentic heads. I have a PT mini v1.5, so mine is glue free.

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
yepper, that's the one you need
- Kanger Mini ProTank Base Replacement

pretty hard to remove, so I'd say you 'nip`d' it
and it broke and shot like a rubber band...

*take it to a Hardware Store and show / ask them
take your EMPTY&CLEANED mini protank and test to be sure
it fits snuggly ON and that it is not too big of a diameter to fit IN your tank
(o-ring might be to fat to fit into the seat in tank)

failure reason: probably from 'over-tightening'

people think these little devices are critical duty--like the brakes on your car
they are not, just "SNUG" them up and let the "SEALS" do their job
only thing I've found that needed a real secure tightening is the coil into the base

by over-tightening, a few bad scenarios occur
-distorting the flexible seals
-putting undo stress on the bottom of the air chamber tube (resulting in cracking mouthpiece)
-un-needed stress on cheap threads

cleanliness and a gentle touch will go a long way with these fragile units...

of course this is mainly directed at kanger bcc devices

:)

Awesome, thanks for your insight. I took one of these rubber rings off of the base of EVOD I don't use anymore and it seems to fit fine on my PT mini base. Whoo hoo. Going to fill it now and see what happens.......

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
Are you using authentic Kanger replacement coils, rebuilding your own, or are you using clone coils?? ... I ask because when I tried clone coils I got the same type of leaking that you are describing .. so of course I will only be using authentic Kanger coils, or rebuilds on authentic heads. I have a PT mini v1.5, so mine is glue free.

I use authentic Kanger coils...tried rebuilding, but that didn't work out too well.

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
Ok...been vaping on my PT mini off and on for about an hour and half with the cannibalized o-ring. No leakage...happy vaper. Yay! Would have just given up if not for the brainstorming here. Thanks everyone! Especially you, PufZeppelin. BTW...I'm assuming by your handle that you like to "get the led out". So do I!!!!! Let's just say this whole ProTank issue had me "dazed and confused...":)

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
Ha Ha

you got it !

during ♪ "Good times, Bad times" you just have to "Bring It On Home"

glad it's working again

:headbang: Vape≈like a Rock-Star :thumb:

Do you believe that after ALL this talking about my mini pro tank, that I dropped the damned thing onto concrete this morning and it cracked.

The crack seems to only be on the inside of the tank...as it is not leaking. But I know it's only a matter of time before the crack seeps all the way through.

I can't believe this!!!! My first broken tank. :( I was travelling for work, and I stopped for a bathroom break forgetting that I had it sitting on the car seat between my legs. Got out of the car, and heard a "clink" sound. Well, you know the rest.

It is still vaping just fine for now. For now.

Guess I'll keep on "Ramblin on...".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread