What's the best RDA coil set-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bsmith86

Jan 9, 2014
MASS
I've been vaping for a bit, I have more than a few set-ups. I just recently picked up on RDAs. My RDA set up is a kamry 100, Igo-w air holes drilled to 5/64", an EFEST 1600 mah 30a battery, 30 awg kanthal, grape juice ejuice that is 12 mg nicotine with a 5/95 pg/vg ratio courtesy of sunshine vape, and organic cotton for wicking material. I also have a multimeter, and ohms law calculator. My question is what is the best coil build and resistance for a great flavor, mellow throat hit and good cloud. Any suggestions?

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I would drop to 28 guage dual micr coils. My build is awesome at 0.57 ohms. 30 amp sony for safety and flavor is great.

Once it dropped below 0.8 I had to cut from 12 to 6 nic. The TH and nic rush is insane under 0.6 ohms.

^this, all of it. 28 gauge micros with cotton are wicked, and subohm'ing (mind your safety protocols) with them will knock you on your patutti at 12 mg. No way a clearo should match it for flavor, either.

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
Bsmith.......
It's usually best, when just staring to build coils, that you stay OVER 1 OHM (~1.2-1.5) and perfect your technique BEFORE venturing into sub-ohm territory!!
IF you're WELL-VERSED in OHM's Law and are proficient in using a DMM/DVM....Sub-ohm builds SHOULD be safe....
Just make SURE to use IMR (High-Drain) batteries when building sub-ohm coils!!
STAY SAFE!!:D
Happy (vaping) Trails!

Bsmith86

Jan 9, 2014
MASS
Dasblu,
I have a great understanding of ohms law, and DMM. Also the efest 1600 that I use is a 30A IMR(high drain). So as long as I don't go down to .1 ohm I should be fine (which I would never do.) but last night I did a nano dragon build with twisted 30G that measured at .6 ohms my preference is to never go below .4 ohms. The flavor I got from this build is unparrelled in my personal opinion. But I do understand that sub ohm has it's dangers and I did a lot of research before switching to RDA's.

stroja62

Jan 10, 2014
Dallas, TX
I vape Ismoka Magoo and using 3mm ecowool and coiled it to 0.2 ohm.....30nr-32r-30nr setup. ever since, I can't go back :D

Nice. Is I have a magoo but I cant get the huild right. Great vapor and flavor everytime but it tastes extremely burnt. Did u have this problem at all. Where did u get ur wires?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Cuando

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Living in a box of CelluCotton
Everybody is different. I've tried duals, sub ohm, micros/nanos, and at the end of the day, a single micro coil at just over 1 ohm with cotton is perfect for me. I vape 4mg and haven't touched an analog since early summer. You will have the most fun (?) and get a greater appreciation for the nuances of coil wrapping if you experiment with gauges, coil 'styles', and wicking material. I was an ekowool evangelist forever and now I can't praise cotton enough.

Have fun with it whatever you settle on. Nothing but options out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread