What's your comfort vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
I haven't been sick yet since I quit smoking, but when I was a smoker I'd switch from Marlboro Lights to Marlboro Menthol when I was all snotty and Lights tasted like crap. I suspect that something like Extreme Ice will come in handy when I eventually do get sick, but otherwise, I don't know about a "comfort vape." I don't have a category for that, really.

I do have a "Craving Killer" category, though...for when I'm craving cigarettes - which, thankfully, doesn't happen very often anymore. For killing cravings I have the following:

AVE Boba's Bounty 1.8%
Heather's Heavenly Vapes Legend/Gandalf 1.8% AND 3.6%
Halo Tribeca 1.2%.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
I need a good craving killer! Sometimes in the morning I really want an analog when I am sitting and having my first cup of coffee and nothing that I vape can completely satisfy the urge.

I haven't been sick yet since I quit smoking, but when I was a smoker I'd switch from Marlboro Lights to Marlboro Menthol when I was all snotty and Lights tasted like crap. I suspect that something like Extreme Ice will come in handy when I eventually do get sick, but otherwise, I don't know about a "comfort vape." I don't have a category for that, really.

I do have a "Craving Killer" category, though...for when I'm craving cigarettes - which, thankfully, doesn't happen very often anymore. For killing cravings I have the following:

AVE Boba's Bounty 1.8%
Heather's Heavenly Vapes Legend/Gandalf 1.8% AND 3.6%
Halo Tribeca 1.2%.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
I need a good craving killer! Sometimes in the morning I really want an analog when I am sitting and having my first cup of coffee and nothing that I vape can completely satisfy the urge.

Yep. Especially when I first quit, having a good "Coffee" vape was crucial to my success. That's why one of my top priorities was sampling coffee flavored vapes. Now I don't vape coffee juices nearly as often - not even every day anymore, but having a good coffee flavored vape to go along with my morning coffee was necessary at first.

I don't know what might work for you, man, but I have the cravings less and less. Now it's mostly do to high stress situations, and then it's not so much a cigarette craving, per se, so much as wanting more nicotine. So, though I normally vape at 1.8% nic, I have a bottle of 3.6% for "special" circumstances. Again, I don't know what'll work for you, but for me, I found that throat hit was more important at first, so I quit with a fruit vape with menthol for that throat hit, but soon I began to appreciate the feel of thick vapor in my mouth more than throat hit, so I've come to enjoy and be satisfied with higher VG juices.

Keep at it!

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
Oh doe, I hab a code and I feel so sick. I just realized that Alice in Vapeland's April Moon is my comfort vape. I loaded it up and though I still feel crappy I feel comforted. Who knew the power of a vape?

That was gonna be my answer before I even read inside your post :)

Pam1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA, USA
I had a pretty bad cold recently (still isn't completely gone) and I couldn't taste a thing. It was the perfect opportunity for me to vape some liquids that I just don't like. Even a super, super strong red hot cinnamon (came as a freebie) tasted like nothing to me. It was great, didn't waste any of my yummy stuff and cleared out a little inventory.

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Don't have one. And after ordering several different vanillas from several different companies. I have decided to continue giving my cash to a local retailer for the time being as their vanilla cupcake is decent, just needs stronger flavoring. When I stop in on Friday I am going to see if they will up-the-ante on the flavoring or not. (They haven't been very accommodating in the past).

One of the vanillas I tried made my gums bleed (confirmed, I switched to a different vanilla product and the issue went away within a couple of hours). The local retailer blend flavor disappears after a while vaping so all I taste is the PG/VG, and the others are just Meh. Then I sit down and realize how much money I have spent on VANILLA and I am sniffing this huge bottle of Vanilla Cream from Azure Vapor and it smells like Perfume/Rum. One thing it does NOT smell like is VANILLA and I just strapped a coffee filter to the top of the bottle and left the lid off because I don't really WANT to try it after learning what it smells like.

I can already see that at some point the FDA is going to have to regulate e-liquids because some people will just throw anything into the mix apparently.

So yeah. I could use a comfort vape right now, I just don't have one. hehe.

Color me frustrated. heh.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Red Bull is my favorite comfort vape.

I had a pretty bad cold recently (still isn't completely gone) and I couldn't taste a thing. It was the perfect opportunity for me to vape some liquids that I just don't like. Even a super, super strong red hot cinnamon (came as a freebie) tasted like nothing to me. It was great, didn't waste any of my yummy stuff and cleared out a little inventory.

Best use of bad juice ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread