Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Ok I honestly don't know that much about RBA or have a lot of experience with them, all I have now are 2 Igo-S RBAs and maybe I'm just a crappy coil maker but I haven't been blown away by the vape on these. I am using these mainly on my iTaste VV3 and MVP, but stick to my clearos for the most part since they are easy to fill and vape in no time. I do want to improve the flavor of my vape which is why I am looking into trying a different RBA.

I am trying to decide between a kayfun lite, a Russian 91 or a Smoktech RSST. I have a few questions though. The Russian and kayfun are almost the exact same thing or is there some slight differences that would have one prefer one over the other? And I will most likely buy a clone of the Kayfun or Russian, mainly because I think it's a little ridiculous to pay over $100 for a RBA and I'm not even sure if I'll end up using it a lot.

Also on ebay, I notice there are a lot of different versions of the Kayfun. There is a regular Kayfun with version 2 and 3, a Kayfun Lite and plus version... and then some nano/mini kit to make it smaller? If I wanted the smallest size one, should I get the nano version? And there's also the hcigar, Tobbeco, and Ehpro... which one is better in your opinion? I notice some of them have air flow control and an adapter to use your own 510 drip tips as opposed to the one it comes with. Which one would you recommend? Thanks.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
The Russian and Kayfun are the same design, the main difference is how you fill them, the Russian has a fill port on the side and the kayfun you fill from the bottom, many wind up unscrewing and filling from the top though which you can do with either.

I understand the thought process behind not wanting to spend that much for the original just to check it out and you can go with a clone but if you're not the type that likes to tinker with them then I'd suggest going authentic. Many of the clones need to be worked a little to get them to optimal performance and if you don't mind that they are a great value. They have gotten much better of late than the earlier versions but qc can still be an issue. Plus with the authentic ones in such demand if you do find it's not your thing you can put it in the classifieds and probably get all your money back.

I'd go with the Kayfun or Russian over the RSST if you're new to a tank atty, they are easier to set up than the genesis designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread