Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
That's naive bull..... vaping is an addiction and not 100% safe. To say otherwise is completely disingenuous.
Your naive bull.... is far more bull.... than my naive bull.....

100% safe? What is? That's just more naive bull.... from you.

And by the way, I'm not addicted to anything related to vaping.
I choose to vape, and I choose to use nicotine.

You may claim I'm full of it, and if you're willing to bet me any amount of money, I'll GLADLY take if from you.
But you better make it worth my while, because I appreciate the positive effects of nicotine, and don't intend to give them up.

Nicotine improves memory, concentration, and attention.
And it also appears to have a real potential to stave off Parkinsons and Alzheimers.

But yeah, I'll wait while you tell me that I'm just an addict making excuses.

Last edited:

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
If you feel the science is still in question, then you need to provide your "bonafides" as to your medical degree(s). Personally, I trust well established health professionals with years of experience in this field, such as Dr Michael Siegel of Boston University and Dr Gilbert Ross of The American Counsel on Science and Health. Something tells me they are much more qualified than some random person on ECF who thinks he's more qualified than true professionals.

And since you believe that a Black Market is a "reasonable response", you are advocating that breaking the law is reasonable and good. That type of "thinking" is not one that will shed a positive light on the vaping community.

Your first paragraph is illogical. You really want to come to conclusions based on the opinion of 2 doctors with little experimentation? That's not going to get the cause very far.

Your second paragraph is a strawman.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Please don't lump all of of us "Left Coast" folks together.
There are lots of places in California that aren't "like that" at all.
:)

Basically, it's just San Francisco (the New York of the west coast) and Los Angeles.
Most of the rest of the state leans in a different direction.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying that anyone in SF or LA is one of those people

Can the US just give San Francisco to Canada and wave goodbye?

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
Your naive bull.... is far more bull.... than my naive bull.....

100% safe? What is? That's just more naive bull.... from you.

And by the way, I'm not addicted to anything related to vaping.
I choose to vape, and I choose to use nicotine.

You may claim I'm full of it, and if you're willing to bet me any amount of money, I'll GLADLY take if from you.
But you better make it worth my while, because I appreciate the positive effects of nicotine, and don't intend to give them up.

Nicotine improves memory, concentration, and attention.
And it also appears to have a real potential to stave off Parkinsons and Alzheimers.

But yeah, I'll wait while you tell me that I'm just and addict making excuses.

You don't have a physical addiction to nicotine? Do you vape nicotine or 0mg?

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
You don't have a physical addiction to nicotine? Do you vape nicotine or 0mg?
No physical addiction to nicotine whatsoever, like a lot of long-time vapers.

I vape 12mg nicotine, and have for four years now.
Unlike many, I'm not going to reduce my intake though, although I have no problem with those that do.

I have gotten to the point where I don't even vape most of the time before noon.
And quite often I don't even vape until after work.

I vape because it relaxes me.
And I use nicotine for the reasons I stated previously.

Unfortunately, I have reached the point where I sometimes have to make myself vape.
So yeah, taking my bet would not work out so well for you.

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
No physical addiction to nicotine whatsoever, like a lot of long-time vapers.

I vape 12mg nicotine, and have for four years now.
Unlike many, I'm not going to reduce my intake though, although I have no problem with those that do.

I have gotten to the point where I don't even vape most of the time before noon.
And quite often I don't even vape until after work.

I vape because it relaxes me.
And I use nicotine for the reasons I stated previously.

Unfortunately, I have reached the point where I sometimes have to make myself vape.
So yeah, taking my bet would not work out so well for you.

Well, I can't have a discussion with someone who's dishonest.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
What on earth has happened?

I go on to dinner and check the thread....and....wow! Looks like a bunch of shenanigans went on. I am on a date, so...behave yourselves, I will see you tomorrow.

Jman: you can count on hearing from me tomorrow, since you insist on pursuing this.

Tapped out

Had to figger a topic like this was gonna cause a spark or two. :)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Well, I can't have a discussion with someone who's dishonest.
Here is a reading assignment for you...

Nicotine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Technically, nicotine is not significantly addictive, as nicotine administered alone does not produce significant reinforcing properties. However, after coadministration with an MAOI, such as those found in tobacco, nicotine produces significant behavioral sensitization, a measure of addiction potential.
Tobacco smoke contains the monoamine oxidase inhibitors harman, norharman, anabasine, anatabine, and nornicotine. These compounds significantly decrease MAO activity in smokers. MAO enzymes break down monoaminergic neurotransmitters such as dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin. It is thought that the powerful interaction between the MAOI's and the nicotine is responsible for most of the addictive properties of tobacco smoking.

Here is similar information from a study by an Arizona State professor emeritus...
Professor: Nicotine does not cause cigarette addiction | The State Press - An independent daily serving Arizona State University

And might want to read these too...

Growing List of Positive Effects of Nicotine Seen in Neurodegenerative Disorders
Obviously the results of small studies often aren't replicated in larger studies, but at least nicotine certainly looks safe. And we've seen absolutely no withdrawal symptoms. There doesn't seem to be any abuse liability whatsoever in taking nicotine by patch in non-smokers. That's reassuring.”

Nicotine treatment for ulcerative colitis
No withdrawal symptoms suggesting nicotine addiction have been reported either after 4–6 weeks of therapy in short-term studies, or after a period of up to 6 months in the only long-term study available.

To be fair...one person, or even a number of people, saying they aren't addicted to a substance doesn't mean that substance is non-addictive.

There are a lot of people who aren't addicted to alcohol. Or to Codeine. I'm not addicted to alcohol; I rarely drink. My husband is not addicted to alcohol; he regularly drinks (beer). Does that mean it's a lie that the poor old guy with the shopping basket in my town who shakes all the time and lost his home, family and job to alcohol isn't an alcoholic, because there's no such thing, as proven by myself, my husband and thousands of other people?

For the record, I myself am addicted to nicotine. It offers enough benefits for me (especially energy and memory) for me to continue doing it anyway.

As for the dosages conversation: that may be part of the problem. Patches, gums and prescriptions are all considered safe in a specific dosage, and are doled out with instructions for that dosage. In fact they're created to deliver only that dosage at a time. And there are (to cover their butts, of course, but also for safety, I'm hoping) warnings against using them in a higher amount than prescribed (wearing two patches at a time, for example).

How is anyone going to regulate how safe nic juice is? People literally use droppers or little needles to put it into a wick, and what they're putting into a wick could potentially be any amount of nicotine, given the starting amount plus people mixing to get their sweet spot.

Just seeing that as part of the whole "regulation" and "recognition as safe" equation.

And, nicotine is a stimulant. That ISN'T safe for some people, under some conditions. Any drug may help a segment of the population, yet be dangerous to other segments of the population.

So which end would you even pick this up by?

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
To be fair...one person, or even a number of people, saying they aren't addicted to a substance doesn't mean that substance is non-addictive.
To be fair, I totally agree.

If you search my posting history you will often see a disclaimer that many people may be much more addicted to nicotine than others.
I believe I only failed to post such a disclaimer this time because I was a bit riled up.
:D

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Seriously? I vape 12mg and some days I don't vape at all, NOT AT ALL. And that's coming from a 33 year smoker who smoked Camel NFs. We are not all addicted.
I remember when I came back from a vacation to Mexico.
Montezuma was taking a bit of his revenge on me.

I took sick time for the next two days after my return home.
And I didn't vape during those two days.

Not because I didn't want to, but because I didn't want to go get my luggage from the trunk and unpack my vaping gear.
And that was when I knew for sure that nicotine doesn't have any hold over me.

Over time, that fact only becomes more and more evident.

By the end that doesn't have eyes?

Um...wow, people sure do get nasty sometimes over people disagreeing with them.

I guess I'm weird, I usually take a disagreement as, well, part of a discussion.

Great response, I really have no words. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread