Yi Loong Fogger V4 crapfest :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaymus

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Van down by the river, USA
So I ordered a Yi Loong Fogger V4 from eciggity, I was really looking forward to using it. However, when it arrived, one of the posts was already stripped. I found this out by flipping it upside down while giving it a visual inspection, then the screw just fell out. I managed to find it after a few minutes and tried to put it back in. Nada. Starts to thread then just spins. I didn't crank it in there. So now I've got a paperweight. The company I got it from (Eciggity) was nice enough to refund my money, told me to keep it for parts in the event I ever ordered another Fogger V4.

After this incident I'm reluctant to buy another Fogger V4 clone. I'm worried that even if the next one comes ready for action, it's prone to easily stripping at the post or who knows what else.

Can anyone who owns a Fogger V4 tell me where they got their's* from and how it's holding up? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

garpt01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
South Florida
So I ordered a Yi Loong Fogger V4 from eciggity, I was really looking forward to using it. However, when it arrived, one of the posts was already stripped. I found this out by flipping it upside down while giving it a visual inspection, then the screw just fell out. I managed to find it after a few minutes and tried to put it back in. Nada. Starts to thread then just spins. I didn't crank it in there. So now I've got a paperweight. The company I got it from (Eciggity) was nice enough to refund my money, told me to keep it for parts in the event I ever ordered another Fogger V4.

After this incident I'm reluctant to buy another Fogger V4 clone. I'm worried that even if the next one comes ready for action, it's prone to easily stripping at the post or who knows what else.

Can anyone who owns a Fogger V4 tell me where they got their's* from and how it's holding up? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

It is not stripped.
A bunch of V4's were released with the wrong 18mm threaded screw. My eBay dealer was aware of the problem and received a batch of the proper screws. He is shipping the replacement to all his purchasers. I used Sleepy Hollow Vapes.
Get in touch with your dealer; if he does a decent volume, they should be aware of the problem and the fix.

-Gary

Jaymus

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
It is not stripped.
A bunch of V4's were released with the wrong 18mm threaded screw. My eBay dealer was aware of the problem and received a batch of the proper screws. He is shipping the replacement to all his purchasers. I used Sleepy Hollow Vapes.
Get in touch with your dealer; if he does a decent volume, they should be aware of the problem and the fix.

-Gary

Thank you so much for that information, I've reached out to eciggity to let them know. I know from a previous email exchange with them that they do not have any parts on hand and they are currently waiting on another shipment of Foggers. Do you know offhand a site where I can order the appropriate 18mm threaded screw? (sorry it too me this long to see your post, I work nights and I just woke up)

garpt01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
South Florida
Thank you so much for that information, I've reached out to eciggity to let them know. I know from a previous email exchange with them that they do not have any parts on hand and they are currently waiting on another shipment of Foggers. Do you know offhand a site where I can order the appropriate 18mm threaded screw? (sorry it too me this long to see your post, I work nights and I just woke up)

Jaymus,
As I mentioned in the post, Sleepy Hollow Vapes, on eBay, is where I purchased mine and received the info and the new screws.
Email the seller there (Dan) and tell him about the situation. They should take care of you as they did for me. (Hopefully its been fixed by now)

regards. Gary

Jaymus

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Jaymus,
As I mentioned in the post, Sleepy Hollow Vapes, on eBay, is where I purchased mine and received the info and the new screws.
Email the seller there (Dan) and tell him about the situation. They should take care of you as they did for me. (Hopefully its been fixed by now)

regards. Gary

I got in touch with Dan this morning before heading to bed (night shift woooo) and he's being so kind as to help me out! He's waiting on a shipment of various screws to nail down which one works but he'll let me know no later than Wednesday! Thanks again so much, soon the Fogger shall live!!!

Cloud_Chaser

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Central Missouri
Mine arrived yesterday.. Built 2 coils, wrapped the leads around the posts, and what do you know. Screws would not tighten down at all. took the leads out, and the screws pretty much just fall in the holes.. They catch on a couple of the threads, but you can tell the screws are the wrong size. Sent a message to the person I purchased from on ebay (vapeology) Waiting to hear back

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
fasttech got back with me and said they would ship a new base to me when i order again...
what kind of crap is that..
It's understandable that they want to save money and not have to pay for international shipping for a replacement item. And it's not a big deal if you order even semi-regularly to get the replacement with your next order.

But why don't they understand that some people order once in a blue moon and fixing it in the next order just isn't an option? Kind of makes a mockery of their claimed satisfaction guarantee when ordering again is required for the guarantee to be fulfilled.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Better idea: go online and find a RC shop within driving distance. (RC=radio controlled cars, helicopters! planes, etc) and take the atty to try different screws. While you are there take a look at their Allen wrench drivers and screwdrivers, very nice stuff. I would imagine the screw is 2mm or 3mm, they will have an abundance of both.

ForeverDiving

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Uruapan, Michoacan, Mexico.
Better idea: go online and find a RC shop within driving distance. (RC=radio controlled cars, helicopters! planes, etc) and take the atty to try different screws. While you are there take a look at their Allen wrench drivers and screwdrivers, very nice stuff. I would imagine the screw is 2mm or 3mm, they will have an abundance of both.

You'll spend more in gas than if you order some $0.92 drip tip from FT. Problem is it will take forever to arrive.

silentdogz

Jan 3, 2014
UK
you Know what i would say about the Fogger V4....????.....DO NOT BUY THIS ATOMIZER !!!

...NOT because it doesnt give great flavour....
...NOT because it doesnt give great Vaper....

but because of this !!!!

20140608_104538.jpg

20140608_104828.jpg

this is only after 3 weeks of vaping it !!.......(and i DO have 3 !...all have gone the same way)

so, having come up with a GREAT design that really works well......THEY, true to form, had to go CHEAP-*@$*...., and save a yuan by using substandard materials , which is a real shame.....coz they could have asked twice the price for this.....to me the idea of the design was that good ! (alright, the posts were pretty crap and it needs better o-rings.....)

For once....i hope some GOOD atomizer producer looks at this and CLONES the Chinese ..........and gives us a GOOD atomizer....coz its worth it....

oh VAPE it at your own risk.....but i know mine taste like *$@*........even with good juice.....maybe its all that chrome that went SOMEWHERE !....or maybe just the Lead in the brass huh? either way, they went in the BIN.....

and for once....i am so angry with this , im sending this post direct to the company itself !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread