Suggestions for topper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
So I've been using IBTanked carto tanks a top my Provari's, for quite awhile. Need to diversify. I'm a slow learner, but now that I know my way around coil building (and actually find it kind of fun) I need something new. I tried KFL+' not too impressed. Russian 91, so similar why bother. Is my only other alternative a dripper type rba ? I'm not completely opposed to it if it's outstanding. The only dripping I've done is on the small attys for juice testing. Not really wanting dual, quad or anything of the sort. Just good micro coil does my body good. I hate to admit it, but I'm a bit of a cloud chaser. Since I've dropped my nic strength quite a bit, the cloud I make, makes me feel like I'm being just as satisfied by higher nic. It's psychological, I know... But it helps me keep off the higher stuff. Been using (part time) a bottom feeder RBA device.

thanks for chiming in with some suggestions.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
If you like your cartotanks, but you like rebuilding - you ought to get yerself a Sofia.
It's a rebuildable in the shape of a carto, and you put it in a tank.
Learn everything, and meet yet another bunch of nice people, over in the ByLeo thread!

sophia-atomizer-tank.jpg

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
What kind of draw do you like? A tighter draw or an airy draw?
Are you for or against complexity in rebuildables?
Do you want to use cotton? Silica? SS mesh?
What kind of juices do you like?

If you want to try an RDA, and only want to stick with a single coil, you should look at the Fatty V3. Single coil RDA with a bottom fed air supply.

If you didn't like the Kayfun/Russian style, then maybe look at something like the Squape. Easier to access the build without taking the whole thing apart, and it's the same diameter as the Provari! Well, at least my Winsmoke clone is. Not sure about a real Squape.

Might also consider buying a genesis style atomizer, like the RSST. They're pretty inexpensive and really perfect for learning to build on a genesis style, or to find out if you even like gennies. ;)

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
these are all good suggestions. I'll look at all of them. I use organic cotton on my builds. I usually keep my ohms around 1.3 to 1.5, 1.8
I did look into gennies. When I 1st began my vape journey I remember watching a vid on the Sophia. I really dug it. I knew it was way beyond my expertise. But maybe not so much now. I was looking at IGO too. I was confused by all the different styles. Good to know which one is the simple one Serenity. So, I may take a walk over to the ByLeo thread and look at it a little closer.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I was a die hard IBtanked gal until I found these....Atomizers : Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Dual Airflow Clone by EHPro

They are perfect! You can tighten the draw to exactly what a cartomizer is but much better flavor! Plus no more cartomizers to buy. I do still use my Ibtanked for my Caramel Apple cause the flavor is just too overwhelming in the Kayfun. I DIY and have found that I have to reduce the amount of flavoring I need now.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
The Igo W is a decent atomizer, depending on your build you can get some nice clouds and if you are inclined, they're pretty easy to convert for bottom feeders. It's great too in that if you decide it isn't for you, you aren't out much $ :)

If you want to go a little higher in price and a lot in quality, the RM2 from REOs mods is a great atomizer and bottom feed is standard.

I love the flavor and vapor of dripping but dripping itself is a hassle. The RM2 is the best of both worlds and is about as easy as they come for building.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread