Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I get really stressed when I try to open my mind about what she says. I feel guilt, either way. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if every word of it were true, but the implications, and how it complicates the fight - I'm not sure I can handle it.
It's like embracing the arguments of Jman8, only more massive.
But if CarolT were right, then Jman8 would no longer have to fight his fight.
:)

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
I get really stressed when I try to open my mind about what she says. I feel guilt, either way. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if every word of it were true, but the implications, and how it complicates the fight - I'm not sure I can handle it.
"Complicates" the fight? No, it is absolutely essential to the fight. The government's intrusions on our freedom are justified under the pretext of "protecting public health." BUT the government lies by committing scientific fraud, which invalidates their pretext.

Reactions: caramel

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
"Complicates" the fight? No, it is absolutely essential to the fight.
If you're right about infections, then yes, it's essential. But it complicates the fight at least for me, 'cause I'd have to first do a lot of difficult reading to be convinced, before even beginning to fight that fight.
The government's intrusions on our freedom are justified under the pretext of "protecting public health." BUT the government lies by committing scientific fraud, which invalidates their pretext.
Well, I certainly agree with that.

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
If you're right about infections, then yes, it's essential. But it complicates the fight at least for me, 'cause I'd have to first do a lot of difficult reading to be convinced, before even beginning to fight that fight.

Well, I certainly agree with that.
It's an effort worth doing, because the "easier" stuff isn't effective anyhow. But at least you don't have to dig through PubMed all by yourself, because I've been compiling the evidence for decades on my website. If they try to snow you under with lists of supposed "smoking-related" diseases, you can just state that infection(s) is the real cause, and link to the relevant page.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
It's an effort worth doing, because the "easier" stuff isn't effective anyhow. But at least you don't have to dig through PubMed all by yourself, because I've been compiling the evidence for decades on my website. If they try to snow you under with lists of supposed "smoking-related" diseases, you can just state that infection(s) is the real cause, and link to the relevant page.
That's if I just take your word for it that it's true. The stuff you've linked to is difficult for me to read, and even harder to understand.

Reactions: KattMamma

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
That's if I just take your word for it that it's true.

That's valid for the antz materials too.

I'll do for you the executive summary: there are studies saying that some viruses regularly show up in cancerous tissue. To the point where there is a stronger correlation between them and lung cancers than between smoking and said cancers.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
That's valid for the antz materials too.

I'll do for you the executive summary: there are studies saying that some viruses regularly show up in cancerous tissue. To the point where there is a stronger correlation between them and lung cancers than between smoking and said cancers.
OK. From there, what's the next step for digging slightly deeper?

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
OK. From there, what's the next step for digging slightly deeper?

Investing into further research of the role of those viruses and either disproving or proving a causality relation. Which is somethig that "public health" adamantly refuses to do, while pouring more millions into more formaldehyde and gateway effect studies.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Investing into further research of the role of those viruses and either disproving or proving a causality relation. Which is somethig that "public health" adamantly refuses to do, while pouring more millions into more formaldehyde and gateway effect studies.
I meant next step for me. I've read some of CarolT's links and lots of her posts, and opening my mind to it makes my head hurt. It's such an overwhelming change of direction.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
I meant next step for me. I've read some of CarolT's links and lots of her posts, and opening my mind to it makes my head hurt. It's such an overwhelming change of direction.

There's no further info available. Nothing you can do, short of organizing a new "March of Dimes" with the express purpose of researching those viruses and their role in lung cancers. And specifically forbidding in the statute even mentioning the word "tobacco". Otherwise the antz will take over again and consume all the funding in further anti-smoking campaigns.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
OK, but I've barely read any of the available info. The stress kicks in very quickly. I'll put in some more effort, but I'm not sure I'll get far.

Well Carol was pretty thorough and collected about everything that's available. If it's not there, it either does not exist or is kept secret. Take it slowly and you'll eventually reach your own conclusion on this matter.

Reactions: AndriaD

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Well Carol was pretty thorough and collected about everything that's available. If it's not there, it either does not exist or is kept secret. Take it slowly and you'll eventually reach your own conclusion on this matter.
And the conclusion you've reached is "more research needed", differing from the ANTZ version of that phrase, which is just begging for more junk science money. It would be honest in this case. But it sounds like that's how far you've gotten.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
And the conclusion you've reached is "more research needed", differing from the ANTZ version of that phrase, which is just begging for more junk science money. It would be honest in this case. But it sounds like that's how far you've gotten.

Well it's a "more research is needed" on a plausible hypothesis promising a very useful breakthrough for both non-smokers and smokers if confirmed.

"More research is needed" on dry hits is not such proposition.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I began exploring now, starting with a Google search. Next I'll read stuff at your website. I'd like to first try to zoom in on what I bolded in this:

Do you agree, and where should I look?

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014

I agree in the sense that it looks to me like a very plausible hypothesis. Wait until Carol jumps in again, you'll get some directions for sure.

Until then let's read about a virus-induced lung cancer in sheep:

Jaagsiekte Sheep Retrovirus Is Necessary and Sufficient To Induce a Contagious Lung Cancer in Sheep

P.S. Sheep don't smoke.

P.P.S. It's contagious which is something about cancers that "public health" doesn't openly admit. Unless it's transmitted through a "disease" called "smoking". See previous point though.

Last edited:

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
What I've compiled actually isn't exhaustive. For example, I usually leave out case reports. But if you want 'exhaustive', there's probably a review there that is. Also, I normally don't start a page for pathogen-disease associations that haven't been pretty well confirmed.

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
I began exploring now, starting with a Google search. Next I'll read stuff at your website. I'd like to first try to zoom in on what I bolded in this:

Did you scroll down my index page to where it lists the virus/disease links?
Otherwise I don't know why you'd try to reinvent the wheel, or why you'd use Google rather than PubMed. A lot that's on Google is repetitious.

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
I agree in the sense that it looks to me like a very plausible hypothesis. Wait until Carol jumps in again, you'll get some directions for sure.

Until then let's read about a virus-induced lung cancer in sheep:

Jaagsiekte Sheep Retrovirus Is Necessary and Sufficient To Induce a Contagious Lung Cancer in Sheep

P.S. Sheep don't smoke.

P.P.S. It's contagious which is something about cancers that "public health" doesn't openly admit. Unless it's transmitted through a "disease" called "smoking". See previous point though.
It's not very useful, because very few people are exposed to sheep viruses. Also they describe the tumors as adenomas, which are considered benign. However, HPV causes about a quarter non-small cell carcinomas in humans.
HPV Causes Lung Cancer
This is a minority of lung cancers, but HPV could account for a considerable proportion of lung cancers in non-smokers. And remember that most of the passive smoking studies in the EPA report were in Asians, where the prevalence of HPV-related lung cancers is highest. Poorer people are more likely to be exposed to HPV, based on things like rates of cervical cancer, and smokers along with those exposed to secondhand smoke are more likely to be among the less-wealthy classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread