Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralikar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
Boodle asks because most pvs people get at gas stations aren't all that... So you may want to get him something different/cheaper/better.

Their website barely works and doesn't even take online orders... They claim their battery lasts two days!! and don't even show a picture of it... This doesn't seem to be a reputable vendor at all.

Edit: I started with one like this too--bought at PB in CA. They can be okay but my point is that for much less money ECF people can help you find a comprable model w/accessories from a great vendor. That's why we are asking these questions...

Last edited:

CGlassford

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
Looks a lot like this Green Smart Living thing I've got. Honestly, it's really not that bad for something to start with. Heck, it got me off smokes in less than a week. It also landed me here so I could make an informed descision on what product to go with next.

As for the OP question......listen to these guys. They know what they're talkin about.

bobsyeruncle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 5, 2010
    in a cave, eh?

bobsyeruncle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 5, 2010
    in a cave, eh?

nebulous

Aug 2, 2011
    Palm Beach, FL
    I think you'll have a hard time finding that. They look like they are rebranding a cheaper e-cig version, similar to the mall kiosks. My bet is these guys won't say what they are compatible with. If they did you could find cheaper refill parts on-line.

My opinion.
    Switch him to a ego-t kit, The battery life will be 3x what he get now (just guessing, but this looks a lot like the mall kiosk rip off types typical 180Mah batteries), and he'll be able too select from a ton of on-line flavors. Check out ivape.net, or myfreedomsmokes.com, look for ego-t start kits, and pick up a 30ml bottle of e-juice.

You'll be son-law of the year, and maybe he'll lighten up on the grandkid talk for a while.

dormouse

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 31, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    There is no way to tell what it is - since it comes with cartomizers I doubt DSE901. If it is slightly thicker than 9mm it MIGHT be KR808D-2 (not well supported - sold be rebranders like Greensmoke and Smoke 51 Duo, I don't know if any have PCC) or the more supported KR808D-1 (flat PCCs available at vapor4Life.com, SmokelessImage, Bloogplanet). or it could be something else.

If it is slightly under 9mm diameter then it may be some random Chinese wholesaler model like E8

but sorry - no way to tell for sure unless Mistic will tell you (I doubt it)

Last edited:

Khan

Feb 15, 2010
    NJ, USA
    I have one of these Mistic ecigs... not bad for someone who is just starting out... but I only got it to advise my brother who found it at a truckstop. at first, I thought that it was a 901 thread... It is slightly longer than my 901, but the thread is otherwise the same. the batteries and cartos are not compatible with either 510 or 901. I haven't been able to find anything else about the devices other than their reference to 601 (a number that is prolific among e-pipes.. possibly due to the connection?)
    the charging unit is a standard 5VDC input (USB) and has a 4.6VDC-120mA output... just in case anyone has any ideas.

puckhead

ECF Veteran
    Jun 3, 2009
    I picked one of these up on a whim at a truck stop. $15 for a bat, 2 carts, and a USB charger. I got the "traditional" flavor, which I think means terrible because that is how it tastes. I have only had it for a day so I can't say how long it will last yet. I plan to try to refill it with something palatable when it is empty.

That said, it does put out really good, very warm vapor. The throat hit is really good too. I also found that the battery is really responsive, yet not at all sensitive to sound.

Not sure what model it is. 808 (V4L) carts fit on it with a gap and they do work, however the Mistic carts do not work with a V4L bat. The thread is much longer on the Mistic.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    USA - Arkansas
    I saw the Mistic at my local Truck Stop and since my partner is a truck driver with a fuel bonus points card for that truck stop (2 pennies per gallon of diesel purchased) I bought one on TA points, making it free, as will be cartomizers for it. I have had it 3 days, good warm vapor, nice TH, reasonable battery life. Does take 4-5 hours to fully charge but lasts 6-8 hours. (they claim 2 days but that depends on use) The biggest negative is refilling, the cartos are sealed units so, it's syringe or condom method ONLY.

I normally use a 510 with cartos, vapor wise it is comparable. I'll see how long parts last. for the price (15.00 cash) if it lasts and performs well for 90 days I'll be satisfied it's worth the price, beyond that and it gets to be a better value for an entry level PV.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread