Status
Not open for further replies.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
I ordered both of these not too long ago. I prefer the head on the Nova, but since they're interchangeable that becomes a non issue.

The top and bottom sections of the Nova screw on easier imho. The Stardust top has a stopper type fit rather than being a screw on like the Nova, and can sometimes be hard for me to work out if I'm having problems with the muscles in my hands. (active Graves Disease, no muscle tone) The Stardust looks sleeker on an eGo with the recessed connector, but if you ever decide to use it with a mod you might have to get an adapter. IMHO adapters tend to be a PITA. That wouldn't be a problem with the Nova though. So far neither of them have leaked and both are working great for me.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

TheSenator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
Houston, Texas
I have and use both quite frequently.
Not that the Stardusts are bad at all, but the nova does everything better.
Holds more juice
Better airflow
Easier to clean (read: take apart/put back together)
Accepts different 510 drip tips
Works on any 510 connection (Other mods/PVs that don't have an EGO connector)

However Stormfinch is right, the Stardusts are a little more slimlined though.

newuser01

Aug 15, 2012
USA
I ordered both of these not too long ago. I prefer the head on the Nova, but since they're interchangeable that becomes a non issue.

The top and bottom sections of the Nova screw on easier imho. The Stardust top has a stopper type fit rather than being a screw on like the Nova, and can sometimes be hard for me to work out if I'm having problems with the muscles in my hands. (active Graves Disease, no muscle tone) The Stardust looks sleeker on an eGo with the recessed connector, but if you ever decide to use it with a mod you might have to get an adapter. IMHO adapters tend to be a PITA. That wouldn't be a problem with the Nova though. So far neither of them have leaked and both are working great for me.

Hope this helps.

Are you saying that they made the Stardust replaceable coil model cheaper with a non screw on top? So they added a screw on base and took away the screw on tip? That sucks. I thought that I'd seen reference to this before but wasn't sure I understood correctly and some pictures I have seen there appears to be threads... With the incorrect, recycled, (or general lack of) pictures most vendors in this industry use and the variety of different items sold under the same names I guess that means little though. Dang. I was planning to buy several of them to try as I like the older stardusts but it sounds like it is now worse... if it fit a standard drip tip at least there'd be that but its a proprietary tip AND also not threaded now? gah. Am I understanding correctly?

Last edited:

newuser01

Aug 15, 2012
USA
I have and use both quite frequently.
Not that the Stardusts are bad at all, but the nova does everything better.
Holds more juice
Better airflow
Easier to clean (read: take apart/put back together)
Accepts different 510 drip tips
Works on any 510 connection (Other mods/PVs that don't have an EGO connector)

However Stormfinch is right, the Stardusts are a little more slimlined though.

Thanks for posting this... yes sounds like the nova better in every regard except base cost?

THe stardusts do look pretty good on an ego imo.. been putting them together like that (older model) to give to friends / smokers I meet and they also seem happy with it and cheap for me!... often use this combination myself when out and about.

money4me247

Sep 12, 2012
Texas
Are you saying that they made the Stardust replaceable coil model cheaper with a non screw on top? So they added a screw on base and took away the screw on tip? That sucks. I thought that I'd seen reference to this before but wasn't sure I understood correctly and some pictures I have seen there appears to be threads... With the incorrect, recycled, (or general lack of) pictures most vendors in this industry use and the variety of different items sold under the same names I guess that means little though. Dang. I was planning to buy several of them to try as I like the older stardusts but it sounds like it is now worse... if it fit a standard drip tip at least there'd be that but its a proprietary tip AND also not threaded now? gah. Am I understanding correctly?

hey newuser01, from what I've seen, the drip tip for the stardust screws on & off, so you can only use other drip tips that screws in. I think most drip tips do not screw in, so I guess it might be proprietary & you will not be able to use your own non-screwable drip tip. I think they did that do help prevent against leaking. To refill the stardust, I think you just unscrew the drip tip and drip on the sides. for the mini vivi novas, you can pull out the drip tip to replace with your own drip tip. To refill though, there is a unscrewable top part.

I did notice that the stardust is a bit lighter & sleeker than the mini vivi novas, but is labeled only to 1.6mL while the vivi mini novas go up to 2.0mL.

TheSenator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
Houston, Texas
Money is correct on the different types of drip tips.
Remember there is also 2 different size Vivi Novas. The regular and the mini as well.
The Stardusts are definitely cheaper, and good for the price at that. The Nova's are a little more expensive for a reason though too.
Like I said, I do use both daily. The Nova's handle my all day vapes, and the Stardusts contain juices that want to get in the rotation! lol

Try one out and see how you like it. I know the regular size even comes with 3 different ohm heads most of the time (1.8,2.4,2.8) so you can dial in that sweet spot. Might be able to find one in the classifieds. Also if you don't like it, you can always sell it!

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
hey newuser01, from what I've seen, the drip tip for the stardust screws on & off, so you can only use other drip tips that screws in. I think most drip tips do not screw in, so I guess it might be proprietary & you will not be able to use your own non-screwable drip tip. I think they did that do help prevent against leaking. To refill the stardust, I think you just unscrew the drip tip and drip on the sides. for the mini vivi novas, you can pull out the drip tip to replace with your own drip tip. To refill though, there is a unscrewable top part.

I did notice that the stardust is a bit lighter & sleeker than the mini vivi novas, but is labeled only to 1.6mL while the vivi mini novas go up to 2.0mL.

Yeah I should have been more specific. With my Stardust at least it's a turn and a half and then pull the drip tip out. Not really worried about using a different drip tip with either one since I like the design of the stock.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
GotVapes has tips that fit the Stardust. I got the stainless steel one because some e-liquids react with the Stardust tip and melt it. There's a list on the forum somewhere of juices known to melt the tips. The tip in mine melted around the threads after about 2 weeks, but I vape cinnamon, which is a major culprit.

silverrocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
USA
www.ihatesilver.com
Here is a request for an opinion. I have 3 Vivi Novas and used them on my GG Stealth. I had numerous shortages resulting in melting my GG spring as well as a lot of 18350 batteries. I posted the same comcern in three different sub forums.
After all the hassle I ordered the 2 cent for safety fuse, hoping to safe my springs/batteries. Worked great but now my Stealth threading is so messed up because of the Vivi Nova that my Stealth is sitting wrapped in its box and I had to get a loaner ego battery.
I still like the easyness of the VVN but I will not ruin the therading of my Super T Shockwave or Caravela (once they arrive).
What can I do do avoid messing my mods theradings up, use a connector? Thanks so much.

mary_from_nashville

Jan 15, 2013
Nashville
i was just wondering if you guys had a preference between the mini vivi nova tank clearomizer vs. the Vision (Stardust) eGo Clearomizer V3 [Rebuildable]. Any reason to pick one over the other? did anyone notice one having more leaking issues than the other? pros and cons of each would be really helpful too! thanks!

I just got my Vivi Nova v3 in the mail today and so far I like it much better than the eGo Vision (stardust) rebuildable that I had been using for the last 2 weeks. In comparing the two, I can tell you that so far the Vivi Nova v3 is much more consistent in taste, vapor production and the plastic "tank" does not seem to warm up with use the way my stardust did, which is great!

My problems with the Stardust were... a funky taste that developed over time (which I think may be due to the plastic tank heating up and changing the taste of my liquid)... "dry" hits that may have been due to the wick getting dry around the coil (possibly? The wicks seem to be staying really wet on my vivi nova)... also when I would add liquid some would occasionally get in the metal threads where the mouthpiece screws on, so when I would replace the mouthpiece liquid would then get pushed thru the connection seam that I would have to wipe off. (I haven't had that happen with the vivi nova).

I was able to quit smoking analogs with my Stardust but I wanted to try the Vivi Nova v3 because: 1. It came with replacement heads. 2. I read positive reviews on it in comparison with the Stardust. 3. Slightly larger liquid capacity. 4. Dual (top and bottom) removable metal hardware with "grip" which in my opinion makes it aesthetically pleasing and gives the user greater ease of use.

vivi nova v3 ...LOVE it!

Please note, I have only been using this thing for about 6 hours but so far I am really pleased with the performance and already want another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread