The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Rawr
cheetah_icon_by_topazdragon19-d35u537.gif

I don't want to take over chelle's thread any longer with my posts about TKO (a.k.a. Knockout Vapor). Totally Knockout Vapor

The company's prices are outrageous. A kit containing ONE 650mAh rebranded or cloned eGo Twist, ONE rebranded or cloned Vivi Mini Nova (two heads included) and a USB charger for $149.95; ONE replacement carto for $9.95; ONE rebuildable clearo (2 extra heads) for $29.95...

What bothers me even more than the prices is that it's an American company run by a guy familiar with the vaping community. He knows exactly who he is ripping off. He is taking advantage of people desperate to quit smoking who don't know where, or may not have the resources, to get good information. His company is involved with kiosks (who da thought?) and has loads of subsidiaries - but what has set me off tonight is a PDF I found. http://www.cebutech.com/knockout/training/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Turbulence-Letter.pdf

It appears to be a creepy, "touchy-feely," motivational commitment letter to be a KOV (Knockout Vapor) retailer (or customer?), complete with directions on assisting customers (or the buyer?). No vaping experience necessary. Here are some highlights

Problem: My Electronic Cigarette doesn’t give enough vapor, enough “throat hit” or gives me too much vapor.
Solution: Use the owner’s manual to properly clean and take care of your unit, and if that doesn’t help, consult your friendly KOV Vapor Technician (found at all KOV locations across the US) to see what parts can be adjusted on your kit that can help you get the desired effect. Your kit can be fitted with many different performance pieces to adjust your vapor!

Problem: I feel that my nicotine level is too strong, or too weak.
Solution: Visit your local KOV Vapor Technician for advice on how to increase or decrease nicotine levels.

There are some really priceless solutions, but I can't quote them all; however, this one floored me:

Problem: I found a company that will sell me my E liquids for less money, how do I know if I can trust them with my health, lungs and life?
Solution: The simple answer is that you can’t. Over 98% of our so called “competition” imports their E liquids from China, and as many as 16% tested by the FDA has been found to contain dangerous contamination. Not only can these contaminates damage your E Cigarette, think about what they may do to your body! At KOV, we only sell the absolute best E Liquids made with Kosher grade FDA approved ingredients right here in the USA!

Pretty good answer from a company that sells premixed 18ml bottles of e-liquid on their site for $21.00 ($5.00 flat-rate shipping) and no indication of the pg/vg ratio.

And what does it take to be a "KOV Vapor Technician?" I imagine the requirements are the same as what TKO recently posted on craigslist:

TKO VAPOR/Customer service (Animas Valley Mall)
Customer Service and Sales (Animas Valley Mall, Farmington)

TKO Vapor is proud to announce positions available with us in the Animas Valley Mall. Now seeking a few individuals to assist our clients in excellent customer service and sales of the best electronic cigarettes on the market..

Must be able to stand for 5 to 6 hours at a time.

Must be able to dress professionally.

Must be dedicated to the work that they do 100% of the time.

If you are looking for work and are serious please call Mike at 505 453 4201 to set up your interview.

We will be interviewing, hiring and training new employees Monday and Tuesday - April 21st and 22nd. Looking forward to hearing from you. Paid weekly. Salary plus commission
Rawr!
cheetah_icon_by_topazdragon19-d35u537.gif

Less than 2 years ago the company posted their "Core Story" on youtube. It's so nice to know they care.

Excuse me while I go cough up a hairball.

Last edited:
Reactions: YoursTruli

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
These guys are scum of the earth in my book and are doing doing their level best to give vaping a bad name.

The only thing worse than a vaping company owned by mixed martial arts fighters (more brawn than brains apparently) would be one owned by rappers IMO.

Last edited:

chellemmm

Chihuahua Queen
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Florida
We need this thread. I think our NM brethren should check this out and report back, STAT! Have you checked out his FB page? It looks like Snoop Dogg was offered a vape when he was at his mostest altered state, and (probably thinking it was "something else") enjoyed a puff, gave him a thumbs up :thumbs: and now is the center of his celebrity pitch.

harrycan

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
USA
Great post,
This company stinks to.They charge $10 more for there E-juice online.,and i can get the same brand at my local tobacco shop for $10.A lot of over priced stuff.No customer support.Taste like blah......Heavy on the PG.They just dropped the price $5 after i posted this.They must lurking on this site.Good,because there reviews dont work on that site.

https://electroniccigarettegeneration.com

Last edited:

Killowatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Florida
Lots of this going on, I looked around the area I live looking for a place to get emergency supplies when needed. Found a few small places, asked them the pg/vg ratio of their juice, and they didn't know what I was talking about. They were selling the cheap cigalikes, and looking to get some ego clones. Doubt I'll be giving them any of my money. Didn't like it when I pulled out my ego twist with an evod on it.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
It's interesting that the company is being redesigned. "KOV - Knockout Vapor" is now "Totally Knockout Vapor," the Firefly mascot has disappeared and the pictures of Snoop are promoted on the TKO facebook page, but buried on the website.

(I have a feeling pictures of a rapper they've probably never heard of standing next to a distributor (Bo McGehee/E-Quit.com) dressed like a pink pimp didn't go over too well with Ma and Pa Potential Kiosk Owners, who I suspect are the target customers, not smokers.)

tkosnoop.jpg

Worth noting: when that picture was first published there was a lot of speculation about what Snoop was using; luckily, Jeremy stopped by another forum to clear things up:

JeremyTKOvapor
It's a Blackout kit from TKOVapor, he got it at the Directv Celebrity beach bowl party. Mark from TKO hooked Snoop up, along with other celebs. Just found this thread. I must say that there is a lot of speculation on the contents of Snoops tank. Its TKOvapor e-liquid, no cann.... The Blackout is basically a custom branded V-max, with a Vivi nova 3.5 ml. Also, has a skull tip. Cool looking mod. Totally Knockout Vapor

Custom branded V-Max with a Vivi Nova? TKO sells The Blackout Kit for $189.95 - oh, but it includes batteries, a charger, a skull drip tip and a carrying case. For $22. more Snoop could get a ProVari starter kit, but it comes with a pack of cartos instead of a Vivi.

And while TKO is still posting disingenuous information on their website,

Our Liquids are made with 100% Kosher grade FDA Approved food Products. USA Made Liquids. Don't be fooled by some of our so called "competitors" junk e-Liquids. The FDA tested 22 samples of E Liquids from several of the top selling E Cigarette/Liquid retailers imported from China and found 3 samples heavily tainted with several carcinogens. These carcinogens included Diethyln Glycol* and Lead, among other deadly dangerous chemicals. When it comes to Quality USA made E liquids, Totally Knockout Vapor sets the standards. It's your body, don't leave it to chance by gambling your health and well being on discount imported e-Liquids.

I'm going to give them points for one product that really should be their flagship: Dark and Soft eLiquid

*Diethyln Glycol???

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
a Nano for $14.95?! and since when do Nanos come in 2.4-2.9 ohms? (I've never seen any)

what in the flyin heck.. I hope they don't have many customers. I feel bad for anyone duped into paying those prices.

Nanos do come in higher resistances. Sweet Vapes has them in 2.4-2.9Ω, but since they are authentic Vision (as opposed to TKO) they are only $2.95.

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
Nanos do come in higher resistances. Sweet Vapes has them in 2.4-2.9Ω, but since they are authentic Vision (as opposed to TKO) they are only $2.95.

I got most of mine from Sweet-Vapes, and some others from Got Vapes. I thought they were all around 1.8. learn something new every day! (especially to read the descripts better!)

I left a "review" on the Nano page, it has been submitted for moderation, but..
tko-review.jpg

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I got most of mine from Sweet-Vapes, and some others from Got Vapes. I thought they were all around 1.8. learn something new every day! (especially to read the descripts better!)

I left a "review" on the Nano page, it has been submitted for moderation, but..
View attachment 209834

Why do I think it won't be published....

gotvapes usually only sells the LR nanos; Sweet Vapes is one of the few places I've seen higher res.

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
Why do I think it won't be published....

gotvapes usually only sells the LR nanos; Sweet Vapes is one of the few places I've seen higher res.

yeah.. I'm pretty sure it won't be. :shock:

I love them Nanos.. I refer to them as "the balls" - never disappointed.
the differences in resistance certainly explains a lot.

Paraflier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Pierce County, WA
Hopefully time will tell with them. After a new customer gets swindled, hopefully they will do some research, find ECF, and see that they are grossly overpaying for things. There are so many different options, and different suppliers, any one place that immediately discredits everyone else raises a red flag to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread