Newport smoker seeking ecig recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfy

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2013
Elfland, everywhere, USA
For juice? Anything! You wont be doing the same thing as smoking a Newport. You are vaping.

Try things that folks suggest since they've tried them or that interest you.

Ill list some places that Ive gotten juice from, and edit this post to add them in a few minutes..be back *runs off to creepy basement*..

ok in no particular order:

https://vapeland.org/ This is Alice in Vapeland, look at all the flavors.

http://www.ahlusion.us/ This is Ahlusion, I got one bottle from them - Blueberry-Vanilla Cake and its tasty to me (not everyone is going to think all juices are tasty or even vapable lol...we all have different tastes).

http://www.nicoticket.com/eliquid/ Got 4 bottles from here, Betelguise is one Im using lately and enjoying it..its a mix of fruits. Custards Last Stand is kinda thick but very flavorful.

http://www.avejuice.com/ This page is where the fabled Boba's Bounty is found, and it does have a tiny tobacco hint to it, mixed in with other flavors. BE AWARE that some folks (on other .com sites I wont mention) imitate this name (Boba's) but its NOT the real thing. AveJuice is the real deal.

Now, I can say that as far as the Nicotine content of a Newport ..you might want to start with 24mg or 18mg juice, and then you can cut it back to 12mg later. 24mg stuff WILL knock you on your .....

Vaping is not the same as smoking, it takes a few minutes to get nicotine in your blood system when you vape it; you arent absorbing it in your lungs like you are from a cig. So, a craving might persist until you really take a few good honks off your vape gear and let it kick in. But the cravings do diminish, it just takes time to get used to that and develop a different use pattern than using analogs.

I think maybe someone mentioned *some* juice thats like a Newport, but I didnt want anything like my old Camels at all....there are just way too many good flavors out there to try, why taste the old crap I was trying to quit anyway?

Last edited:

Nat79

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2013
Springfield, OR
For juice? Anything! You wont be doing the same thing as smoking a Newport. You are vaping.

Try things that folks suggest since they've tried them or that interest you.

Too true no juice out there will taste the same some like juice with a similar taste and some end up likening flavors a full 180• from what they smoked. Find a B&M sit down at the flavor bar and expect that it won't taste the same after a couple days vapeing.

As far as hardware it will depend on budget and what form factor/features you want.

elfy

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2013
Elfland, everywhere, USA
Nats right, for hardware there are *too* many options now...when I started lurking here just a year and a half ago (I guess, didnt pay attention) there were not that many at all.

If you want to get something simple, thats plenty easy. If you want some middle ground stuff, thats easy too (Id say MVP 2.0 and some Kanger mini protank IIs)...for the higher end stuff...Id wait.

Why? Because you will want to really get a working knowledge of this stuff first. There are lots of tips and tricks to getting YOUR perfect vape and it can be ..elusive sometimes. Tanks can leak or gurgle. Batteries can go bad or just run down. Coils can get gunked up or worse, blow out. Wicks can get overloaded with crap and then your vape - which was fine this morning - tastes like a burnt wet sheepdog.

Hm...easy..lets see:

Katana Kit (this is sold out, but something similar is all over the place...BUT..dont get no-name crap. Get a decent brand.)

Kanger Evod Starter Kit Buddy of mine has this, and I examined that and it made me get instead:

Kanger Mini Protank 2 Starter Kit -VV and this too, is sold out for now, but its two batteries, two tanks (pyrex ones, since some juice can EAT a plastic tank) and a charger. And some Kanger heads that I learned to rebuild.

For shopping: PennyVaper.com

Note the MVP 2.0 is listed on there for 40 beans and thats CHEAP for what it does. You cant replace the battery in it (which I wish was swappable) but it will tell you coil resistance - so you can rebuild coils and test em right there - and its a very long lasting battery too.

And its seriously cheap. And 101vapes sells those protank mini IIs I like...not a large tank, but that can be ok too..sometimes juice gets a lil funky from getting all heated up from vaping all day.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Halo Menthol Ice, at 24mg nicotine, is pretty good for moving off of Newports. It doesn't have a lot of tobacco flavor, but if you need more, mixing some of their Prime 15 tobacco flavor will help you find your sweet spot. You can move down later on the nicotine level, but 24 is a great start to kill off the cravings. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread